Educational

Author Topic: Coincidence  (Read 731 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Coincidence
« on: October 11, 2012, 06:12:50 PM »
Here is an odd one.  I finished up working on a house in Ludlow Vermont on Sunday which is 180 miles away.  Monday I went to a house I had started last week back here in Connecticut for a completely unrelated contractor when I told him about the Vermont house.  It turns out his father built the house next door to the house I was working on :o  I remembered the house next door because  it was round and had even pointed it out the day before to the guy who was with me as drove up the road.  Kinda strange don't you think?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Coincidence
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 06:41:55 PM »
Weird how stuff like that happens. :LOL:

Had stuff like that happen to me, never ceases to freak me out a little. One incident more so than the others I remember but it was a bit different.

Call it weird, fate, or just dumb luck, but I think some people/things we are meant to cross paths with somedays. 

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 06:42:38 PM »
Kevin Bacon at work?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 06:50:14 PM »
Let's see.

a) My mother and mother-in-law lived around the corner from each other before they started school.
b) All of PA's uncles worked for my mother's best friend's mother's electrical company, which was down the block from where mom lived before she married dad.
c) My father-in-law sometimes bought his art supplies from the store my aunt worked at
d) My dad shopped for a while at the grocery stored owned by PA's aunt
e) My in-laws shared housing in Ottumwa Iowa during WW2 with my mom's cousin and his wife
f) PA and I shared a management class in 1970, although we didn't connect until 1983
g) Probably our grandfathers knew each other since they were both bakers
h) Mom's uncle worked as a driver for one of the companies that PA's grandfather was a baker for.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 11:39:07 AM »
Let's see.

a) My mother and mother-in-law lived around the corner from each other before they started school.
b) All of PA's uncles worked for my mother's best friend's mother's electrical company, which was down the block from where mom lived before she married dad.
c) My father-in-law sometimes bought his art supplies from the store my aunt worked at
e) My in-laws shared housing in Ottumwa Iowa during WW2 with my mom's cousin and his wife
f) PA and I shared a management class in 1970, although we didn't connect until 1983
h) Mom's uncle worked as a driver for one of the companies that PA's grandfather was a baker for.

I hate to tell you this, Your Majesty, but I think you are related to yourself!   :apondering:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

TheoK

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 11:41:59 AM »
The Swedish author, poet and Nobel Prize winner Pär Lagerkvist's wife was from my hometown  :orly:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 01:57:16 PM »
Let's see.

I hate to tell you this, Your Majesty, but I think you are related to yourself!   :apondering:

No wonder I love him.  Actually more than one person has said that I'm more take charge/masculine and he's more let's see/feminine.  But it works.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 03:15:49 PM »
There is an abandoned house not far from my inlaws, not much left of it, roof has fell in, floors and walls are following, bunch of old bottles, baby doll heads, arms and legs scattered in the briars around it.

Asked my FIL about it and he couldn't remember alot except the guy that lived there (I'll call him Joe Knox) lived with his mom and died in a car fire in the early 50's, and then it was rented out a dozen times or so over the following years until it just went to hell. He said his brother knew more about it and to ask him.

His brother told us "Joe Knox" got involved in something (he didn't know what) and there was money involved and people pissed off. He remembered "Joe" trading in his old 30 something Ford for a shiny newer 49 Ford. The Ford was later found burning in a parking lot in back of a local restaurant and when they put the fire out, they found "Joe" in the trunk.

A few days later the kiddo goes with his dad & his cousin to look for coyote tracks near the old house. I guess they walked up to the basement, and the kid spots a wallet laying on the dirt floor inside. His dad retrieved it, and inside were 2 $10 bills (1950), and one $5 (silver cert). He brought it home to me, and later in one of the folds at the bottom I found a temp registration from 1951 to "Joe Knox" to switch plates from one 39 Ford, to a 40 Ford.

I've got it tucked away in a box, we figure it must have been tucked away in the rafters and fell down when the floor started to collapse.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »
When I was a child my family and I went to the 'Dutch Carnival' every year (it was a two day carnival for the Dutch community". My wife's family had a popcorn stand that that I remembered and she was also in attendance. So chances are that I saw my future wife there even though we lived no where near each other.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 05:48:11 PM »
When I was a child my family and I went to the 'Dutch Carnival' every year (it was a two day carnival for the Dutch community". My wife's family had a popcorn stand that that I remembered and she was also in attendance. So chances are that I saw my future wife there even though we lived no where near each other.

Are you both part-Dutch?  :orly:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 03:40:27 AM »

Would that make their children completely Dutch?  :chin:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 06:19:39 AM »

No, but fortunately we have you, our Dutch bovine.  :hug:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 08:11:42 AM »

No, but fortunately we have you, our Dutch bovine.  :hug:

And, there is Lutra too.  :lutra:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 05:08:39 PM »
Last Sunday, I was telling my daughter about a boy next-door, when I was a small kid. Had not seen him in more than 40 years, nor heard about him in that time.

Two days later, my mother passed his greetings to me. Apparently my brother had met him at a party, the very moment I was telling my daughter about him.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 08:19:52 PM »
When I was in 6th grade, I would go to group therapy and I knew this one boy. He always liked making up good stories but they were funny ones so I enjoyed them. I would probe him for more.

Now fast forward to the year 2008, I go to the AB/DL gathering at someone's apartment. I start talking to this one guy and I then realize I knew him in group therapy and he then recognized me too when I told him who I think he is. I had no clue he was into it too but he told me he wasn't in it then and he got into it when he was 13 or 14 when a friend told him and he had been incontinent since six years old. I didn't even know then he wore diapers and I liked them even then and didn't even know he wore them. That group folds and we never see each other again. Then on Fetlife this year, he sends me a message and we add each other on YIM and I realize it's him again. I suspected it was him just by his age and what he wrote about himself and the photos.