Author Topic: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...  (Read 16885 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2007, 04:20:19 PM »
It's not right either. I really
don't know quite how to
put it. Hell, maybe it's just
the respect that I hold for
DD. Which he insists we not
show.

Calandale, people show respect for me all the time. I DO see this. I am not put off by this, at all, as it often resembles friendship.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2007, 04:36:16 PM »
So to change the subject if you like how is work going?  I heard on the radio Best Buy sales are up

It seems to be going very well at times. I have alienated a few people, but hopefully none of the ones that determine whether or not I can continue to do well.
 :-\

The company, at the corporate level, is very strong right now. They are definitely the leaders in most of the products they choose to sell. Our location is one of the smaller ones in our district of fourteen stores. This helps us in some ways, because they "expect less" from us.

Our store is actually number one in the nation for installations of home theater goods and also for car electronics installs, we are number four. I don't take part in any of that, but we recently got a huge banner to put up and a round of gift cards for them to divvy up among the more deserving employees (but, not managers) as a thank you. I got a fifty dollar bonus.
:woohoo:

They are very proud of their market position, too. They have a little graphic that is used on behind the scenes stuff - it is a generic fat man's ass (representing our competition) and a big boot kicking it (representing our success) :D.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2007, 04:42:16 PM »
Let me put it in this way...

:dawg:

:D

I always thought I would be the only one to use that smiley.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2007, 04:50:18 PM »
So to change the subject if you like how is work going?  I heard on the radio Best Buy sales are up

It seems to be going very well at times. I have alienated a few people, but hopefully none of the ones that determine whether or not I can continue to do well.

The company, at the corporate level, is very strong right now. They are definitely the leaders in most of the products they choose to sell. Our location is one of the smaller ones in our district of fourteen stores. This helps us in some ways, because they "expect less" from us.

Our store is actually number one in the nation for installations of home theater goods and also for car electronics installs, we are number four. I don't take part in any of that, but we recently got a huge banner to put up and a round of gift cards for them to divvy up among the more deserving employees (but, not managers) as a thank you. I got a fifty dollar bonus.

They are very proud of their market position, too. They have a little graphic that is used on behind the scenes stuff - it is a generic fat man's ass (representing our competition) and a big boot kicking it (representing our success) :D.

Glad your doing well.  Some people are afraid of people who know more than they do but they aren't the ones who usually make decisions . Congratulations on your bonus gift card ;D
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2007, 05:18:40 PM »

Glad your doing well.  Some people are afraid of people who know more than they do but they aren't the ones who usually make decisions . Congratulations on your bonus gift card ;D

Thanks! I would credit good luck, mostly.
So much of it depends on luck, you know. I have had an adult dose of bad luck finding a job and maybe the pendulum swings my way for a while.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #245 on: December 20, 2007, 04:57:53 PM »
*attempts to sigh in a masculine way, can't quite*

I thought you were the stand-offish one.

:laugh:

I am the standoffish one. It's just not always by conscious choice, so when I'm secretly scrambling not to hide, I tend to hope that others will have sufficient ESP to come interact with me anyway.

And while I have no idea of the implications of an almost masculine sigh, it's still good to know this is all in my head.  :P

I feel as if I have opened floodgates, mostly, especially if you compare  how much I have posted about myself in comparison to how much most others post about themselves.

I like that. I know everyone's different, but for me it would take a lot of balls to post about cremating an ant queen. I find little space for the sacred amongst the chaos of human interaction.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #246 on: December 21, 2007, 07:26:26 AM »
*attempts to sigh in a masculine way, can't quite*

I thought you were the stand-offish one.

:laugh:

I am the standoffish one. It's just not always by conscious choice, so when I'm secretly scrambling not to hide, I tend to hope that others will have sufficient ESP to come interact with me anyway.

And while I have no idea of the implications of an almost masculine sigh, it's still good to know this is all in my head.  :P

I am guilty of similar behavior at times, too. Rather than drifting towards some median, though, I tend to swing wildly between both extremes of intro- and extro-, while trying to interact. It's not pretty.

BTW, dramatically sighing for effect shunts away some aspects of old school, movie-hero masculinity (in my opinion) no matter how it is done.
Only meant that I keep covering this ground and it remains a mess.

I feel as if I have opened floodgates, mostly, especially if you compare  how much I have posted about myself in comparison to how much most others post about themselves.

I like that. I know everyone's different, but for me it would take a lot of balls to post about cremating an ant queen. I find little space for the sacred amongst the chaos of human interaction.

It's sort of like what you said a few days ago. You have tried everything you can think of to start a conversation. It comes to nothing, mostly. I had hoped that the unlikely event of finding her body, buried in knee-deep snow, while I was mindlessly toiling to just get rid of the snow, would be intriguing to someone. I felt like it meant something that she was discovered by someone who knew what to do.

It is often small instances that inspire great wonder in my mind, but it is my lack of ability to express myself that keeps me from properly conveying that wonder to another person.
ToM is a bitch, as Odeon says.

(that's me, on the left):hahaha:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #247 on: December 24, 2007, 07:23:35 PM »
So reading your posts you seem to have the "overly sensitive nose" I do also do people look at you weird when you tell them about their car problems by the smell for me they never appreciate it or about the gas leak they haven't noticed

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #248 on: December 24, 2007, 09:36:16 PM »

Yeah, I used to. I rarely bother these days. There is very little to gain by being thought of as an animal.

It's just not worth trying to explain how I know that they had cream cheese on a bagel for breakfast four hours ago or how I know that they cut themselves yesterday, etc.

I sort of have the nose of a dawg. Oddly, not only do I smell things with a finer sense, I can also tolerate heavy, horrid smells that could make other people sick. Not sure why.

It causes a little crossover, though. I also get visuals and aurals from smells. 

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #249 on: December 25, 2007, 06:55:44 AM »
we must have similar wiring in that respect some of those horrid smells I like say ammonia

George Bernard Shaw

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #250 on: December 25, 2007, 07:09:04 AM »
aural eh? that's fascinating. there was someone on an LJ aspie site who could hear colors. apparently a screaming orange wall attacked her lol.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #251 on: December 25, 2007, 08:39:48 AM »
aural eh? that's fascinating. there was someone on an LJ aspie site who could hear colors. apparently a screaming orange wall attacked her lol.

yeah, I can't trust it fully. I may have a sensitive olfactory sense, but it lies to me.

hear coloras? see sounds
whatever the fuck you want to call it.
i am there with the synaesthesia problems. i learned about the fact in my teens and later in my twenties i realized that i was different from most people because of this. it has caused me problems, but it has also given megifts. it is not beautiful fuck those who tell you that it is wonderful they don't really have to decifer it for themselves. they are probably full of shit. if i could live my life on acid away from harm then i might have power from it but it doesn't work that way day to day. harm is everywhere. it fucks me up every moment.

i have to constantly keep "like a file running in my mind" of reality working in the background where all my senses are related to my brain in a difference signal. i don't know any other way to explain it. the summation is extremely difficult to deal with and i can not even look at it for more than a few seconds and only when i am alone and safe or asleep do i do this. my brain has learned to take the difference signal and try to make sense of things i sense.

my touch is good though. I can get a lot of pure information when i touch things. i only wish that my sense of touch did not need so many days off! my sense of touch takes a few days off and comes back swinging its balls and making everything about what it is does.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #252 on: December 25, 2007, 12:26:31 PM »
Fascinating. I have synesthesia (color/sound) but it's pretty mild and doesn't interfere with everyday life. My hearing can be fucked-up oversensitive at times but not the kind where I could detect minute variations in pitch and tone - more like some types of sound are amplified in my consciousness to frustration levels.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #253 on: December 25, 2007, 03:22:50 PM »
Loud sudden sounds are cause bright flashes in my eyes to me and can be almost paralyzing not much cross over with smell though

George Bernard Shaw

Soph

« Reply #254 on: December 25, 2007, 03:23:46 PM »
i don't have synesthesia, but i do get the thing with sound/colour a bit. much more with letters and numbers though. oh and days of the week, they have colours too lol