Author Topic: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...  (Read 16892 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2007, 04:21:30 PM »
Yeah, ditto. I'm happy enough to oblige. I assume I passed.  :eyebrows:

I guess we'll all find out, eventually.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 05:35:17 PM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2007, 05:14:42 PM »
I didn't mind doing that test. I knew what it would say.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2007, 05:49:06 PM »

Mine's kind of spikey and out of balance, of course. I wonder if anyone gets a perfect circle or a star.
 ::)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2007, 06:01:41 PM »

Mine's kind of spikey and out of balance, of course. I wonder if anyone gets a perfect circle or a star.
 ::)

I doubt it because it's a spectrum and while not everyone will have a diagnosis, most people have strong and weak areas.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

willow

« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2007, 07:01:12 PM »

I didn't do it because I didn't "get" it. I'm used to things that are very direct, like "you are going to the 9th level of hell."
I don't understand fancy things, like numbers. :P

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2007, 07:14:53 PM »
I had troubles with it too so I took a guess by answering "in between". I'm not aware of everything about me or wasn't sure and I couldn't ask my buddies for help because they don't know me in real life.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2007, 12:22:28 PM »
Do you like fluorescent lights?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2007, 01:47:30 PM »

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2007, 03:06:59 PM »

No.

Why not?

You and I have discussed this once, already.
I am most sensitive to the spectrum of light they produce. There are certain colors missing and other colors are too intense and seem out of balance. There are some (expensive) fluorescent bulbs which are filtered internally and include certain fluorescent elements which balance the spectrum to resemble sunlight. They are used mainly for photographic copy work. I don't mind those as much.

The noise is not really a problem, either. I have my own way of dealing with noises that distract me.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2007, 04:54:21 PM »

I didn't do it because I didn't "get" it. I'm used to things that are very direct, like "you are going to the 9th level of hell."
9 is a number.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2007, 05:35:37 PM »

9 is a number.

Yes, but to some, it is a command or an affectation.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2007, 01:50:04 AM »

No.

Why not?

I am most sensitive to the spectrum of light they produce. There are certain colors missing and other colors are too intense and seem out of balance. There are some (expensive) fluorescent bulbs which are filtered internally and include certain fluorescent elements which balance the spectrum to resemble sunlight. They are used mainly for photographic copy work. I don't mind those as much.

The noise is not really a problem, either. I have my own way of dealing with noises that distract me.

I have a bad memory now. Been getting bad in the last few years.

I'm assuming you hear them all the time?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2007, 01:20:53 PM »

No.

Why not?

I have a bad memory now. Been getting bad in the last few years.

I'm assuming you hear them all the time?

Of course.
I can hear the 60 Hertz fundamental (although sometimes it is doubled to 120 Hertz, by use of a rectifier) of the bulbs, along with the odd order harmonics produced by the excited gases and the even order mechanical harmonics produced by the ballast transformers. When they are all in a line I hear a Doppler Effect, also, as I move past them. I have to ignore it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2007, 02:38:31 PM »
How did I miss your post? I got so used to this thread being over and done long ago, that I never check. Sorry!

I will definitely offer a word or two of first and second impressions. I'm not convinced of how my comments could be of value, but I will look for some semblance of personality and give it a try.

:) I was worried I'd offended you somehow. Thanks.

I haven't forgotten you, BTW.

I have had a look several times and I see an artist with a lot to express.
I am impressed with the variety of media in which you have worked. Kind of an explosion of talent in a sunburst of directions. It seems as if your 3D work is your favorite, or at least where you have toiled most. I want to see your sculpture more clearly, some day. I have not been able to get Quicktime to work on my box, though, so I can't view your animations, yet.
That is my first impression and (I'm sure you intended this) I really want to see more and more.

You definitely need to be involved in gaming graphics and illustration!