Author Topic: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...  (Read 16873 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2007, 08:59:30 AM »
In lieu of having anything intelligent to say in response, I have for you a selection of inappropriate emoticons:

:arrr: :baasign: :bunny: :pie: :book: :blonde: :dunce: :GA: :bath:

And a brown ale on the bar for you next time you feel like popping in for a pint. :beer:

Take it sleazy mate.

That's the best thing anyone could have said.

:GA:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2007, 09:22:45 AM »
Hey DD. I missed your semi-disappearance because I've been moving countries, so I'm a little late saying hello and good to see you're okay. But hello anyway, here on earth and in whatever alternate reality you've been wandering into.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2007, 10:54:23 AM »

Sorry for embarrassing you before.

You have done nothing wrong. You do a great job and you often amaze us. Keep it up.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2007, 11:11:03 AM »
Hey DD. I missed your semi-disappearance because I've been moving countries, so I'm a little late saying hello and good to see you're okay. But hello anyway, here on earth and in whatever alternate reality you've been wandering into.

I'm OK and I'm not disappearing. I'm fading away slowly, for now. All you missed was a couple of days I spent at the track, with more to come, yet.
The alternate reality I am looking for is the one where the old ghosts can't find me. Problem is that everyone with a ghost is also a ghost.

Hope your move is going well.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2007, 11:42:56 AM »
Yeah, good luck with finding a reality without ghosts - I think you'll have to wait till heaven. You don't want to come near me at the moment, I've got my hands full holding off other people's ua'lima and the odd sperith or two, so I'm seeing them everywhere.

So far the move's been amazingly uneventful. Thanks to paranoia I didn't miss a single flight or connection. Now I've just got to do all the sorting out on the other end of places to live and such.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2007, 04:18:03 AM »
Yeah, good luck with finding a reality without ghosts - I think you'll have to wait till heaven. You don't want to come near me at the moment, I've got my hands full holding off other people's ua'lima and the odd sperith or two, so I'm seeing them everywhere.

So far the move's been amazingly uneventful. Thanks to paranoia I didn't miss a single flight or connection. Now I've just got to do all the sorting out on the other end of places to live and such.

Paranoia can be a powerful ally. Where is the other end?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2007, 09:12:05 AM »
Would you mind telling me more about this?

Who is they?

Psychologists.

Again, it was a bit of a joke, meaning they want to continue to diagnose you until you are tired of it or have completely exhausted your insurance coverage. That is why They  would diagnose ANYONE with "any kind of SHIT" that is "Not Otherwise Specified".

... but, I'm not a psychologist. I'm a ... uh ... a joker.

BTW, PDD-NOS was the first diagnosis for my son. We agreed to "help" with her research and all ageed to be diagnosed and allowed her into our home for observation of our interactions, etc. thinking it would aide the general cause to allow her team to look more deeply into our lives. It was not fun and I knew nothing about autism at the time, nor did I suspect that I was on the spectrum or what that could imply.

Thanks.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2007, 11:46:19 AM »
I've mentioned it several times in other contexts, so there's not much more to it. The preliminary diagnosis was PDD-NOS. I had never heard of it and the only thing I knew about autism was that Dan Marino had an autistic son, Rainman, and the odd behavior of a number of adult autistics I had minimal contact with while photographing them with their families (it seems that families with live-in adult autistics are keen on hiring location photographers for a family portrait in their homes). At that time, about five years ago, I did not know that she had already put me in that shelf, too, but she gave me lots of reading homework before we went farther. It was in the first two weeks of assessing my son and that was as far as she would go, without further testing. He was only three, after all. It sounded smart to me after learning that his symptoms could continue to present themselves more clearly until he hit puberty, at least.

We agreed to yearly visits, along with weekly for about four months, and they have since changed his (most recent) diagnosis to Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD, but last year they were calling him HFA, ADD/ADHD and still reminding me there wasn't much difference in the words, but instead we should concentrate our efforts to learning to help him HIS way, rather than spending energy trying to split hairs. As I mentioned, I was extremely disappointed to have "NOS" on anything, medical, because insurance coverage was limited by that general term, whether it was chest pains NOS or ankle swelling NOS, it was a fucked up thing for us. It meant more out of pocket expense and less insurance coverage, so I developed a bit of an attitude and wanted EVERYTHING specified. I was even more ignorant then, than now. Those early months were an education to say the least. However, I became aware of myself and tried to hide from her team after that. It took some adjustment to accept.

That is when we were presented the option to "go all the way" and become one of her test cases or what ever. Part of that included all of us being interviewed individually, in the office and our home, and having a closer look at my daughter, almost a year later, who had turned two by then and was still not speaking more than a few words. Her latest is HFA, ADHD.

If I'm off on a tangent and have misunderstood your question, I'll try again to answer, if you want. Feel free to ask a specific question, but honestly, there's not much more to tell. It was at our last meeting that she revealed that she had me diagnosed PDD-NOS from the beginning (I was asking about myself more than my son, for shame). Unfortunately, these little meetings have become a grueling chore to my son (they always have been for me).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 11:49:47 AM by MarkingDawg »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2007, 10:41:33 PM »
You answered it just fine, DirtDawg.  Thank you.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2007, 09:04:22 PM »

At the moment, east coast USA. In a couple months, who knows. I'm open.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2007, 04:18:16 AM »

At the moment, east coast USA. In a couple months, who knows. I'm open.
That's a great attitude to keep. It shows strength.
Are you working? You make it sound like you put yourself into one of the Hotbeds to begin a new job search.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2007, 03:58:06 PM »
Thanks.

At the moment I'm not working. I have a couple feelers out for freelance work that I could do from my home computer, but it may not work because I don't have a freelance reputation in film/game CG yet (most of what I've done was local web design and stuff in the publishing industry). The plan is to use my current spot as a base for looking for a full-time project that I could travel to, but I can't just pick up and leave here yet for another couple months because of obligations. So I'm going to be working on my portfolio and sending out apps for late summer/fall gigs.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2007, 06:35:43 PM »
DD, today we spent 2 1/2 hours getting the family ready for our family pictures.

we got there and i endured one hour of picture taking (i could name at least ten things that i hate to do but would rather have been doing.
twenty minutes later the lady says, "oops, sorry i forgot to turn on the umbrella light."

3 1/2 hours of our time, and she wants us to reschedule since her two o'clock appointment was there. and all she is offering for compensation is two free 8X10's.

is this enough?

what should we do to get lasting memories for free.

J.c. Penney's, in case you were wondering.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2007, 08:23:25 PM »
Thanks.

At the moment I'm not working. I have a couple feelers out for freelance work that I could do from my home computer, but it may not work because I don't have a freelance reputation in film/game CG yet (most of what I've done was local web design and stuff in the publishing industry). The plan is to use my current spot as a base for looking for a full-time project that I could travel to, but I can't just pick up and leave here yet for another couple months because of obligations. So I'm going to be working on my portfolio and sending out apps for late summer/fall gigs.

I hope this works out for you the way you want it. Sometimes getting some outside help on your portfolio from a fresh set of eyes can be a benefit, if you know someone you can trust. Things like streamlining it and leaving them wanting more is usually a good idea, but it is often difficult to do for yourself when you have so much invested, personally. Portfolios are such an unfair way to judge an artist. I'm sure you know this.
Since you are not working, you should post more.
  :angel:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2007, 08:34:46 PM »
Believe it or not I have actually done some scab work for JCPenny's studios, in the past. They are a fucked up company, in that usually the Studios are not part of the main store, but a concession arrangement with a third party to which Penny's leases space. Penny's usually will not get involved with customer disputes, so you are on your own. It does not hurt to try playing with that, but it is not a hold card for you.

Generally the studio has the final say. In their way of thinking they have already offered you sixty or eighty dollars (depending on what the current unit pricing happens to be) worth of discounts with the two free sheets of pics (standard practice in these instances). I hope you raised hell in front of the next sitting, because that will certainly make them want to shut you up and give you more free stuff.

Your problem is that they think they offered you sixty or so dollars in discounts for your inconvenience, when in reality, the pics they offered you actually cost them about two bucks to produce. Make sure that they know that YOU know this. At this point they still think they can make money off of you, especially if you re-scheduled for a new sitting time.

"Three and a half hours of our time wasted" should be your mantra, until you are satisfied. Chant in front of the other customers every time you can. Make yourself a squeaky wheel and they will want to stop you any way they can by offering more free stuff. Ask for a copy of customer satisfaction policy and the telephone numbers to their home office (it could be LifetouchTM or Josten'sTM), along with who you should contact to get this resolved, quickly. It's almost like a bluff, but it wouldn't hurt to call the main office if you are not satisfied. They will hate you, but the feeling is mutual, right? Unfortunately, it is an unregulated industry and they can make their own rules. You have to make that work for you by bitchin' for all you're worth, but I would do most of bitchin' AFTER the next sitting is already photographed or they might just fuck you again and "fire you" as a customer and refund all your deposits and sitting fees (but, possibly not, being unregulated) and tell you to take a hike.

This sucks! Sorry you had to experience it.