Educational

Author Topic: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...  (Read 16796 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...
« Reply #420 on: February 07, 2009, 08:32:44 PM »
It is because the guy whose leg I took out is severely injured.

Ah, ok.  :-\

Guilt can be a motherfucker.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #421 on: February 09, 2009, 05:48:59 AM »
Sorry Dawg...I did not realise this shit had happened - I hope your arm heals soon, and glad they have those guys in custody. 

hugs and xxx's

:-*

Thanks for the hugs and can you put the kisses just below my right elbow?

:D

I'm OK. mostly.

just below your elbow?  Nowhere else?  ;)  (Sorry, always being naughty!)

[/quote]

All that shit comes and goes, though. To a true musician, only the music is real. We can only touch you with our music.

Thanks so much for taking the time to give me your insight.  :-*

I agree with the touching with the music thing.  Absolutely.

I have done a painting for him....I'm yet to give it to him, but it IS exactly the same way for me.  If I give him the painting, it feels like it's the most precious thing.  But if I don't get a chance to feel comfortable enough to give it to him, it still feels nice when I look at it and know it was expressed because of him. If that makes sense?

So thank you.

And try not to worry about your stuff....I think you had a completely natural reaction, from the story you have told on here about the whole incident you had.  Hope your body AND your mind mend soon.  And when I say 'mind' I mean, you and probably other people are being a little bit tough on you, but you did the best you could at the time, for a noble reason I believe.  That is the main thing.

ps.  hope you get the chance to see some good funk soon, I'm loving it.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #422 on: February 09, 2009, 10:54:37 PM »
WoW.

First of all, hope you're feeling better and enjoying your meds.

Second of all, these guys were breaking and entering and then they assaulted you. You would have been within your rights to hurt them a fuck of a lot worse. When you have to do a lot of things very fast, you tend to spend time afterwards wondering what you could have done differently. The answer is: nothing. Your reactions were instinctual. Thinking about pulling punches is for organized fights. You had to react and react fast, just like that guy who safely landed the plane in the Hudson after losing both engines. So IMO you should not waste any more time wondering if you could have hurt those guys less.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #423 on: March 18, 2009, 03:21:06 PM »
Going through stuff today and found something I have not seen before.  In with some really old 78's there where small ones the size of 45's but before I think they made them.  I don't have a photo now but have seen these before?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #424 on: March 18, 2009, 04:19:25 PM »
They might be acetates. The smallest 78's I've ever seen were no less than 10". I know that at one time there was a place @ the Empire State Bldg where you could make an acetate recording to send to your friends back home. Those acetates were about the size of 45's. Either way, I'd handle them with kid gloves and find some non-invasive way of having them transferred to CD.
'
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 04:21:44 PM by punkdrew »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #425 on: March 18, 2009, 04:20:56 PM »
Oh, and before you all make any jokes about your "big 10 inch...record," I've not only already heard it, but actually saw the guy who first performed the song--the late Bullmoose Jackson.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #426 on: March 18, 2009, 04:24:55 PM »
They might be acetates. The smallest 78's I've ever seen were no less than 10". I know that at one time there was a place @ the Empire State Bldg where you could make an acetate recording to send to your friends back home. Those acetates were about the size of 45's. Either way, I'd handle them with kid gloves and find some non-invasive way of having them transferred to CD.
'

No wait, I tell a lie. There WERE 78's made in the early 20th that were roughly the size of 45's. Can't remember the name of the company. They were either 1 or 2-sided, and each side ran 1-1.5 mins. in length. I'll do a search and see if anything jogs my memory.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #427 on: March 18, 2009, 04:55:02 PM »
'

I have a couple acetates too these I think are the type you mentioned below

Here is a photo of it next to an acetate
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 05:53:41 PM by parts »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #428 on: March 18, 2009, 06:22:21 PM »
Yep, that's it! Little Wonder records. Here's a brief blurb from wiki about them:

Little Wonder Records was a United States record label from 1914 through 1923.

Little Wonders were manufactured by the Columbia Phonograph Company, and were distributed exclusively by Henry Waterson (the business partner of Irving Berlin) in their early years (1914-1916) -- an arrangement that has only recently been discovered as the original contract stipulated that both parties were to keep this relationship a secret. Artists are generally uncredited on Little Wonder labels, which simply give recordings such general attributions as "band", "tenor", "quartette", or "accordion solo".

Little Wonders were lateral-cut single sided 5½ inch gramophone records. The records contained only about 1½ to 2 minutes of music. The small size of the discs (together with the cherubic face on later versions of the label) has led some record collectors to incorrectly assume that Little Wonders were made as children's records; they were actually made for the general audience looking for low-priced recordings.

The records retailed for ten cents each, some of the lowest priced recordings available at the time. This price point revolutionized popular recorded music, making it possible for everyday people to purchase and listen to music other than live performances. The audio fidelity is average to slightly above average for the time, with rather narrow grooves (best played with a smaller stylus than contemporary discs). Millions and millions of these records were sold, principally through many 5 & 10 cent department store chains of the time and through Sears & Roebuck catalogs.

There is some controversy about whether Little Wonders were made by artists who recorded for Columbia. One account says that recording artists would visit the Little Wonder recording studio on one floor of the Woolworth Building before or after making records at the Columbia studio on a higher floor of the same building. And there has been some speculation that the masters for Little Wonders were actually warm-up balance checks recorded as tests at the beginning of Columbia recording sessions; if such tests happened to record a usable performance, they would be leased to Little Wonder. However, court papers from an early lawsuit between Waterson and Victor Emerson indicate that performers were paid separately and specifically to record for Little Wonder records.

Among the noted artists of the day whose performances were released (uncredited) on Little Wonder include Al Jolson, Gene Greene, Wilbur Sweatman, Billy Murray, Vernon Dalhart and the Louisiana Five.

Little Wonder # 339, "The Camp Meeting Jubilee" by a male vocal "quartette", issued in 1916, contains the lyrics "We've been rockin' an' rolling in your arms / Rockin' and rolling in your arms / In the arms of Moses." This is believed to be the first use in an audio recording of the phrase "rock..and roll..", albeit in the context of a religious spiritual rather than its later secular use.

http://www.littlewonderrecords.com/

Additional note from wikipedia about 78 record sizes:

In the 1890s the early recording formats of discs were usually seven inches (nominally 17.5 cm) in diameter. By 1910 the 10-inch (25.4 cm) record was by far the most popular standard, holding about three minutes of music or entertainment on a side. From 1903 onwards, 12-inch records (30.5 cm) were also commercially sold, mostly of classical music or operatic selections, with four to five minutes of music per side. However, other sizes did appear. An 8 inch disc with a 2 inch diameter label became popular, though short lived, in Europe. They cannot completely be played on much modern equipment because the tone arm cannot reach in far enough.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 06:27:27 PM by punkdrew »

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #429 on: April 01, 2009, 06:38:42 AM »
I had a lovely time last week.  You were fabulous- everything I'd hoped, and more.  But how come you never called me back?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Blasted

« Reply #430 on: January 09, 2010, 06:38:33 PM »
Are you an ailurophile?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #431 on: September 05, 2010, 04:22:48 AM »
Re Posted:

One of the reasons I am so excited about KIT is that in less than two weeks I may actually meet my very first son, but aside from that ...

Is this another son you didn't know about?

Not really - over the years, I have come to know. This situation is not even parallel to the time back when I discovered that I had a son I never knew of. This is a young man (I "suspect" fathered by me) who was raised by my ex-wife; the woman I married when I was barely out of high school. She and I divorced about six months later and spent a great deal of time trying to get back together and "destroying each others lives,"  somewhat, instead of making a clean break.

After my ex-wife and I divorced, we kept on "trying"  to be together. Even after we had both taken on a few more partners as companions  (my own roster during that time included a re-unite with my first real girlfriend who was the mother of the other older son you already know about - I am sorry if this all seems complicated, but it is really not complicated at all to me. Things are actually coming together in my life.), we kept on getting back together and breaking up again. It was almost five years after our agreement to dissolve our marriage, before we finally gave up on trying to rekindle the awesome thing we had once shared together. During that time (I was creating my own career in music and I was gone a lot) she had a child. She always and always and always told me he was not my son, but as time went on, I came to know. She still denied it and eventually, once I showed interest in knowing the truth, she would no longer allow me contact with him, since he was still a kid. Things began to turn very ugly between his mother and I well before I met my current, lifelong, forever wife. His mother and I had our last time together when the young man was about twelve or so. I have to be honest about this one point, because it really burns for me to live with such stabbing regrets. He was there at first during that last hook-up between my ex-wife and I, but I did not even look at him. He was just about twelve or so and I did not even look at him. (this one instance of failure - MY OWN  failure - is something that will always weigh heavily upon my mind. I could have begun to establish a rapport with the young man on that day, but I was more interested in his mother's "mommy parts" and how I was going to relieve/relive myself all over them)

Now that he is almost thirty five and we have made contact, finally, it seems fairly obvious to both of us that I am much more likely to be his true father than the short, dark man (six inches shorter than I am and nine inches shorter than he is) he knew as a child. This young man is six feet two inches tall, a little husky, has reddish blond hair, red beard, light skin, freckles, blue eyes - like me, but quite unlike the short-statured, dark, black haired, black eyed American Indian dutiful man he thought of as a father in his childhood or his fairly short, olive-skinned, Spanish mother.

Earlier this week, we actually talked on the phone for the first time, after exchanging a number of emails over the recent past. He made the decision to come for a visit and meet me. I am certain that she, after all these years, has had some kind of "change of heart"  and instead of denying the possibility, she may have helped to set this up. (Oddly, several email accounts I have set up using a portion of my real name, she has found and sent me mail) I still have harsh feelings toward her, but the thought that she may have softened and told him some positive things about me and helped us to make contact after all these years, fills me with a need to keep my tone level for his sake - after all, she IS his mother and I am little more than an unknown person from his mother's past.

I know, though. He looks like my father (like me) and he sounds like my brother on the phone. My brother has a "family trait" speech impediment (I do not have it, but several of our sixteen cousins do, as do two of my six uncles) that is caused from an inability to quickly curl the tongue away from the gums when making combination sounds like "sd"  or "st"  forcing them to draw this sound out very slightly. The impediment is very minor and mostly unnoticeable to the average person, but not quite so to members of the family. Obviously, this is not that much to go on, but when I sent a family pic of all four of us (my own immediate family) taken at Christmas two years ago, he did a photoshop thing, cutting us all out, leaving my son (the eleven year old) in the pic and placing a similarly aged pic of himself next to it, altering the Christmas tree background by replacing all the ornaments with pigs asses (similar sense of humor as well, it seems) and the overall brotherly resemblance was astounding.

Sorry for the "wall of text" response, but I guess I need to explain how very different this situation is from anything else I have had to deal with.

The "other one,"  who I may have to start calling the middle son (mediusdawg? nah) or some such crap comes around every six months or so. He was here in the early spring.  My wife and young ones seem to really like him. At first my daughter ran around telling everyone she had a "grown up brother who had a car and a beard"  - two things that she has latched onto that set him apart from all her friends' brothers, I suppose.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #432 on: January 25, 2014, 09:16:37 PM »
I knew this thread was in here somewhere.

Which anime series does he like?

:LOL: There is no shortage of girls.

"Slice Of Life" but I really think that is more of a genre style than an actual series. He watches Crackle (free on his tablet) quite a lot. It is loaded with Anime serials.

He takes ideas from the "good things"  that happen to the characters and draws them out six or ten at a time, to be later cut into wild looking things that he folds into his own version of 3D origami pieces or simply just starts cutting out some totally random-looking shape, drawing in details and folding to stand on its own later. He likes to make scenes of multiple characters, all laughing, partying and having fun - enjoying life.

If you could see what he draws, to be later cut out and folded, you would be amazed. "How can this crazy thing you are drawing turn into a human?"  The other side is just as amazing. He just cuts a blank sheet into some random shape going at lightspeed, almost then starts filling in details and it just comes to life.  He has a kind of deep vision into perspective and dimension that I have never seen. And I have lived my whole life around artists. His art is different.

I hate the fact that I posted in this thread accidentally and NOW have totally hi-jacked the thing for my own use.

GO BACK to LAUGHS, everyone!!
Pyraxis, i wish you could see thee entire process. It is amazing.

Just now he is doing laundry to earn allowances against the horror of the world and goes immeiately back to his worlk.

I am an evil father

I make themmd do chores; I am evil..

I hadn't heard of Crackle. I used to have a Crunchyroll subscription for getting series and then bought films on DVD.

What he does sounds really cool. I'm kinda curious to see it. I can imagine though it takes skill to start with a blank sheet and cut the outline before doing the drawing.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #433 on: January 25, 2014, 09:32:57 PM »

"Slice Of Life" but I really think that is more of a genre style than an actual series. He watches Crackle (free on his tablet) quite a lot. It is loaded with Anime serials.

He takes ideas from the "good things"  that happen to the characters and draws them out six or ten at a time, to be later cut into wild looking things that he folds into his own version of 3D origami pieces or simply just starts cutting out some totally random-looking shape, drawing in details and folding to stand on its own later. He likes to make scenes of multiple characters, all laughing, partying and having fun - enjoying life.

If you could see what he draws, to be later cut out and folded, you would be amazed. "How can this crazy thing you are drawing turn into a human?"  The other side is just as amazing. He just cuts a blank sheet into some random shape going at lightspeed, almost then starts filling in details and it just comes to life.  He has a kind of deep vision into perspective and dimension that I have never seen. And I have lived my whole life around artists. His art is different.

I hate the fact that I posted in this thread accidentally and NOW have totally hi-jacked the thing for my own use.

Just now he is doing laundry to earn allowances against the horror of the world and goes immeiately back to his worlk.

I am an evil father

I hadn't heard of Crackle. I used to have a Crunchyroll subscription for getting series and then bought films on DVD.

What he does sounds really cool. I'm kinda curious to see it. I can imagine though it takes skill to start with a blank sheet and cut the outline before doing the drawing.

Yeahhhh the drawing is awesome

but the follding is  is whar reaaly freaks undone our!!

sorrroyuuut even the spiellll   check does not owerork.

I amm seriuou9osly goinff to dstop tryining.l  to post until I can ylaer aNG D Or i mrnat about how now is tought= SHIT SWEE AAI CAN POST SHIT##!@
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #434 on: January 26, 2014, 02:39:43 AM »

I am an evil father

Yeahhhh the drawing is awesome

but the follding is  is whar reaaly freaks undone our!!

sorrroyuuut even the spiellll   check does not owerork.

I amm seriuou9osly goinff to dstop tryining.l  to post until I can ylaer aNG D Or i mrnat about how now is tought= SHIT SWEE AAI CAN POST SHIT##!@

You wrote about him doing things like that a couple of years ago too.
Good to see he kept doing this, and probably evolving his skills further.

Amazing skill.

I find it very hard to realise that there are people who have no skill at all to go from 2D to 3D (a friend of long time ago of mine had that), but the skills of your son, the way you describe are even more baffling.

I would love to see what he does.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!