Educational

Author Topic: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...  (Read 16978 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...
« Reply #390 on: August 07, 2008, 03:00:36 PM »

it's always complicated, isn't it?  if i had a magic wand to wave about over you and wandrew (and others), i would.  sadly, there's rarely a quick fix solution.

and you don't talk too much: that's what friends are for, to coin a cliché.

:hug:

:agreed:

I wouldn't ever say, "Stay together for the sake of the children," but in your case there is so much more to it than that.  I think that it would be easier for you to amputate your right arm than it would be for you to leave your wife and children, so I'm glad that you are finding a way to fix this.

Why is the fact that you have two other children from previous relationships that you knew nothing about until recently such a problem for your wife?  Would it actually make it easier for her to deal with if you did have a DNA test and proved to her that they were yours?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #391 on: August 07, 2008, 04:12:27 PM »
LOL, I don't know what Peyton Place is, but I get the gist. It does make sense that asking your sons to test would be a sensitive issue though.

You're too young.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #392 on: August 07, 2008, 04:13:32 PM »
I see Ozy, the other resident old phart, beat me to the explanation.

:D

Just replied to Pyraxis, me, and yet I'm younger than you two old farts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #393 on: August 07, 2008, 04:49:40 PM »

what d'you want, a flag on your head?

:smarty:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #394 on: August 07, 2008, 04:54:08 PM »

Nah, just a hearing aid and a new walking stick.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #395 on: August 07, 2008, 05:48:43 PM »

Nah, just a hearing aid and a new walking stick.

Punk!

Where's your stamina?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #396 on: August 07, 2008, 06:24:48 PM »
Damn, compared to you methuselahs, I haven't even graduated preschool.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

ozymandias

« Reply #397 on: August 07, 2008, 06:39:09 PM »

only cos i wasn't online.  :P

Peyton Place was based on a small town in New Hampshire.  My home state, so I was front and center for all the hoopla and yadda yadda yadda when it was first published.  As far as it's "raciness" is concerned, well, by todays standards it is pretty damn tame, but, the real dirt and racy hubub about it, was the fact that it was based on real people in a real town.  The woman who wrote it was considered quite the "oddball" in the town and died fairly young even for that time period.  Though she was a heavy smoker and drinker in her own right.  Her only real "crime" was in writing the truth under the guise of fiction.  And being from a small town myself, I can vouch for a lot of stuff that would corroborate what she wrote.  It's just that in the 50's, one NEVER spoke of these things out loud!   ::)

ozymandias

« Reply #398 on: August 07, 2008, 06:39:53 PM »

Don't call this "fart" old!   :orly:

ozymandias

« Reply #399 on: August 07, 2008, 06:43:43 PM »
Damn, compared to you methuselahs, I haven't even graduated preschool.

We're heading towards Attends wearing and your still not potty trained yet!   :razz:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #400 on: August 07, 2008, 07:02:58 PM »

it's always complicated, isn't it?  if i had a magic wand to wave about over you and wandrew (and others), i would.  sadly, there's rarely a quick fix solution.

and you don't talk too much: that's what friends are for, to coin a cliché.

:hug:

:agreed:

I wouldn't ever say, "Stay together for the sake of the children," but in your case there is so much more to it than that.  I think that it would be easier for you to amputate your right arm than it would be for you to leave your wife and children, so I'm glad that you are finding a way to fix this.

Why is the fact that you have two other children from previous relationships that you knew nothing about until recently such a problem for your wife?  Would it actually make it easier for her to deal with if you did have a DNA test and proved to her that they were yours?

I fear that she wishes for the opposite. She wants to prove that they are not related to me and all this will go away.

I have yet to figure this one out. I know she has told me that she feels that I am losing interest in our family, but that's bullshit! I think most here know that's bullshit. All our problems seemed to start last year, when I fucked up and set up a meeting with the older son on "Father's Day."

I must re-state that "Mother's Day" is a very big deal around here. (You know why.)

I think that she expects that my lack of sensing some powerful emotional sentiment over a Hallmark Cards, made up "SPECIAL" day, is somehow a testament to some parallel lack of caring about my current family at large. It was quite a rough time, leaving on that night (over a year ago) to go into the unknown and meet up with a stranger, who seemed to be connected some way to my life. I had to really push past myself to do that. She has no concept of how difficult, yet how important, that trip was to me.

She has also used my horrid personal failure (meltdown or what ever the fuck you want to call it) on return home ...

(remember, I went into the hospital the next day, due to a terrible anxiety attack from melatonin abuse and the attending doctors proceeded to pump me full of Valium, which landed me in intensive care with a heart rate over two hundred BPM. I can not take those kind of drugs, but they did not ask, they followed protocol, hit me up and when I reacted badly, called the police and had them point guns at me. Now that I think of it, I may not have told the whole story about how I ripped up the room they were attempting to treat me in, flipped the table through the window, held down the security guy who was working the morning shift and stepped in to help subdue me, wrapped the hoses around the doctors throat, tore the cabinet off the wall and used it as a shield against the guns ... some other shit that I don't remember, too. When they gave me Valium, on top of the melatonin,  I went a little nuts, got really fired up and broke things. It took three shots (one in the leg, one in the back and one in the neck) of some anti-psychotic (I forget what it was, now, but they also give it to schizophrenics and Alzheimer's patients who are suffering from deep panic) for six or seven people to get the straps on me and get me into a bed where they could wheel me around, take some blood, pin me with electrodes, measure stuff, give me oxygen, electrolytes, fluids, etc. It was one of my worst days. I was supposed to sleep for two days, I heard the doctor who stabbed my neck saying, but I awoke thirty minutes later, pissed off as HELL!  ...  but tied down.)

... as a way of demonstrating how all this is "just wrong."  It has been almost impossible to make her realize that the two incidents were only related by my own inability to sleep under certain stresses COMBINED with my experimenting with melatonin during that time, coincidentally.
SHE is just fucking wrong! The two things are NOT related in any other way. I am not going to go nuts again, over having some sort of relationship with my two grown sons.

It was all due to the drugs. I HATE drugs. The only drugs I can take are alcohol (puts me to sleep), pot (wakes me up), and caffeine (puts me to sleep, relaxes me). All the others have effects that are not predictable on me. I know that seems fucked up, but that's the way it is. IT WAS THE DRUGS! It was not the trip to Texas or the meeting or the fact that I had not slept in three days.

Yet, she brings this all up, over and over again.

I wish I knew why she can not separate the two happenstances. Hell, things are really good for me, now. I'm not so depressed, I have a job again, I've lost weight, my health is decent, life is good, except for her and MY (couple) bullshit.
We will sort this shit out in a way that makes sense, though. I will not give up at this point. Not yet.

I don't think she even sees that I am happier now, than I have been in about four or five years.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #401 on: August 07, 2008, 09:06:35 PM »
Sounds like a real disaster zone. I'm glad nobody got hurt.

I hate drugs too, especially force-administered. It's hard to believe there's not a way of giving clearer fuck-off! signals on anyone's part, that would let a mess like that be avoided.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #402 on: August 07, 2008, 09:36:25 PM »

I fear that she wishes for the opposite. She wants to prove that they are not related to me and all this will go away.

I have yet to figure this one out. I know she has told me that she feels that I am losing interest in our family, but that's bullshit! I think most here know that's bullshit. All our problems seemed to start last year, when I fucked up and set up a meeting with the older son on "Father's Day."

I must re-state that "Mother's Day" is a very big deal around here. (You know why.)

I think that she expects that my lack of sensing some powerful emotional sentiment over a Hallmark Cards, made up "SPECIAL" day, is somehow a testament to some parallel lack of caring about my current family at large. It was quite a rough time, leaving on that night (over a year ago) to go into the unknown and meet up with a stranger, who seemed to be connected some way to my life. I had to really push past myself to do that. She has no concept of how difficult, yet how important, that trip was to me.

She has also used my horrid personal failure (meltdown or what ever the fuck you want to call it) on return home ...

(remember, I went into the hospital the next day, due to a terrible anxiety attack from melatonin abuse and the attending doctors proceeded to pump me full of Valium, which landed me in intensive care with a heart rate over two hundred BPM. I can not take those kind of drugs, but they did not ask, they followed protocol, hit me up and when I reacted badly, called the police and had them point guns at me. Now that I think of it, I may not have told the whole story about how I ripped up the room they were attempting to treat me in, flipped the table through the window, held down the security guy who was working the morning shift and stepped in to help subdue me, wrapped the hoses around the doctors throat, tore the cabinet off the wall and used it as a shield against the guns ... some other shit that I don't remember, too. When they gave me Valium, on top of the melatonin,  I went a little nuts, got really fired up and broke things. It took three shots (one in the leg, one in the back and one in the neck) of some anti-psychotic (I forget what it was, now, but they also give it to schizophrenics and Alzheimer's patients who are suffering from deep panic) for six or seven people to get the straps on me and get me into a bed where they could wheel me around, take some blood, pin me with electrodes, measure stuff, give me oxygen, electrolytes, fluids, etc. It was one of my worst days. I was supposed to sleep for two days, I heard the doctor who stabbed my neck saying, but I awoke thirty minutes later, pissed off as HELL!  ...  but tied down.)

... as a way of demonstrating how all this is "just wrong."  It has been almost impossible to make her realize that the two incidents were only related by my own inability to sleep under certain stresses COMBINED with my experimenting with melatonin during that time, coincidentally.
SHE is just fucking wrong! The two things are NOT related in any other way. I am not going to go nuts again, over having some sort of relationship with my two grown sons.

It was all due to the drugs. I HATE drugs. The only drugs I can take are alcohol (puts me to sleep), pot (wakes me up), and caffeine (puts me to sleep, relaxes me). All the others have effects that are not predictable on me. I know that seems fucked up, but that's the way it is. IT WAS THE DRUGS! It was not the trip to Texas or the meeting or the fact that I had not slept in three days.

Yet, she brings this all up, over and over again.

I wish I knew why she can not separate the two happenstances. Hell, things are really good for me, now. I'm not so depressed, I have a job again, I've lost weight, my health is decent, life is good, except for her and MY (couple) bullshit.
We will sort this shit out in a way that makes sense, though. I will not give up at this point. Not yet.

I don't think she even sees that I am happier now, than I have been in about four or five years.

Even if that is what she secretly wishes for, if they are yours and it is proven with a DNA test, that might settle the issue in her mind.

I mean, most people come with some sort of baggage and it's not like you lied to her about it, since you were in the dark about it yourself.

I can see why your wife would blame your meltdown on the trip to Texas and the lack of sleep for three days. I had not realized that your meltdown was as bad as it was.  I hallucinated when I got little or no sleep for several days in a row, but of course you need less sleep than I do.  Now you know that melatonin and valium suck for you.  Maybe the anti-psychotic injection was Geodon.  I think that the injectable form usually works pretty quickly in the way you described.  I guess they could also have given you Risperdal Consta, but that lasts for two weeks in your system, not two days. 

Just a thought, but if your wife can't see for herself that you are happier now than you have been for years, how could you help her see this?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #403 on: August 07, 2008, 10:57:59 PM »

Even if that is what she secretly wishes for, if they are yours and it is proven with a DNA test, that might settle the issue in her mind.

I mean, most people come with some sort of baggage and it's not like you lied to her about it, since you were in the dark about it yourself.
She and I both have heavy baggage to bear from well before we ever met. I only briefly talked about some of mine here and not at all about hers, but her early life are as bad as mine, just different.
These known things were out in the open between us and accepted as well as either of us could have. Fact is, our horrible pre-histories may have helped to bond us in some twisted, fucked up way.

I can see why your wife would blame your meltdown on the trip to Texas and the lack of sleep for three days. I had not realized that your meltdown was as bad as it was.  I hallucinated when I got little or no sleep for several days in a row, but of course you need less sleep than I do.

Yeah,  I have already admitted to being a spazcase, in the past here. I doubt any of this is really news. I have also talked about the violence inside me, which never fully goes away. I was kind of scared that day and it is when I am afraid of something that I become a little more spazzy and maybe even dangerous. I knew I was out of control early that morning (about three AM) and that something was wrong. It has always been that way. I "see" it coming and there is nothing I can do. That is why I value courage so much. It keeps me from being overcome by my fear so easily.

Now you know that melatonin and valium suck for you.  Maybe the anti-psychotic injection was Geodon.  I think that the injectable form usually works pretty quickly in the way you described.  I guess they could also have given you Risperdal Consta, but that lasts for two weeks in your system, not two days. 

It was haloperedol.
I don't know if that may have been someone's idea of the "best" thing to use or if that was all they had. My regular doctor was pissed that they had given me so much, but praised them for getting the heart monitors going as quickly as they had, because it is apparently risky. Of course, having a wild, scared half to death spazcase loose in the ER is kind of risky, too.

LATE EDIT:

I'm not quite sure why I keep saying "my trip to Texas."  When I first realized that the older was quite possibly my offspring, I told myself for days that I was "going to Texas to meet him."   The fact is, we met half way last June, at a hotel just south of Memphis. Sorry for the confusion. It is my confusion and automatic typing that is to blame. You are not confused.

Just a thought, but if your wife can't see for herself that you are happier now than you have been for years, how could you help her see this?

I reallly don't know any more I can do. I mean, I do as many outgoing things as I have ever done, or more, these days. I am "positive" about many things. Hell, she was the one who helped me to see how depressed I was years ago, when I tried all those anti-depressants. It makes no sense that she would not see the recent changes in me as super-positives.

I am left with a feeling that she is not reallly "looking at me,"  but still balled up inside her own problems, which I can only imagine since she has sort of cut me off from most of her inner-scapes.
I don't want to sound like I am faultless, though. I am self-centered in many ways and this surely plays some part in the underlying issues.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:16:56 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #404 on: September 14, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »
Found in a junk pile a Teac A-2340.  I see they are restively popular but really know nothing nobody has prices on them too :-\ What is you opinion of it and a guess at what I should ask or it
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw