Author Topic: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...  (Read 16801 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...
« Reply #405 on: September 14, 2008, 06:34:19 PM »
Found in a junk pile a Teac A-2340.  I see they are restively popular but really know nothing nobody has prices on them too :-\ What is you opinion of it and a guess at what I should ask or it

I haven't seen one of these in ages, but in their day they were not bad. I found a link to a brochure (after a search on ebay) that listed the retail price at $899 in the early seventies.

One thing that makes this machine cool is the ability to use it in four channel or two channel stereo. I don't remember if they will record in half track or not. You could fudge it, by using it in four channel (one direction) and it should playback a true half track tape just fine, but a real half track (professional) machine would have about thirty percent more tape surface in contact with the heads than a four channel used in this way. The four channel must leave three empty spaces (strips) between the tracks to ensure that you don't have crosstalk between the tracks.

I've seen similar units go for around two hundred bucks in working order. Obviously the heads wear out rather quickly on these machines and the belts and pinch rollers turn to  stone or powder. Universal belts are easy to find, but the heads need to be in decent shape to get much for it, mainly because they are kind of difficult to replace and calibrate properly. Hard to imagine one being in a junk pile.

WoW! Great find.

I need to find better quality junk piles!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #406 on: September 14, 2008, 06:53:04 PM »
You can put big stuff out two or three times a year here at the curb for the city to take.  When they do this I drive around town and scavenge in my truck.  Almost got a working pottery kiln the other day but when I got back to where it was others had already laid calm.   This year has been good for me I have a knack for finding these type of things and am always looking
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #407 on: October 13, 2008, 09:24:10 PM »
Thought I should re-post this here in case you do not visit Callaway's thread to read it:

Yeah, but I can't blame my keyboard. I do too many typos, these days.

Sorry.

I try to edit them out when I can see them again. Can't see them when they are fresh, sometimes. Can't see the pic. Does it have some kind of spell check function, microphone and voice recognition built in or something?
Was about to say Huh? When I realised you can't see the picture. I see no problem with your typing, have posted about it to you before.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #408 on: October 14, 2008, 08:13:09 AM »
You can put big stuff out two or three times a year here at the curb for the city to take.  When they do this I drive around town and scavenge in my truck.  Almost got a working pottery kiln the other day but when I got back to where it was others had already laid calm.   This year has been good for me I have a knack for finding these type of things and am always looking
You know what's stupid though? Some people say it's stealing to take stuff put out on the footpath for recycling/dumping. The previous owners have put it out there to be carted away so as far as I'm concerned, it's fair game.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #409 on: October 15, 2008, 06:33:21 AM »
You know what's stupid though? Some people say it's stealing to take stuff put out on the footpath for recycling/dumping. The previous owners have put it out there to be carted away so as far as I'm concerned, it's fair game.
  :agreed:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #410 on: December 20, 2008, 08:55:07 PM »
You mentioned a sensitivity to barometric pressure in this post http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,2039.msg449358.html#msg449358

How are you with big low pressure systems and storms they make me almost like I am high.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #411 on: December 21, 2008, 02:24:40 PM »

OH shit!

Someone posted in my thread.

I will respond in time.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #412 on: December 21, 2008, 02:40:49 PM »

sorry, I can't reallly interact right now

only vent

wel'l talk a bit latter

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #413 on: December 21, 2008, 06:36:25 PM »
Sorry to put you off, Parts.
It came as kind of a surprise to notice something new in this long dead thread and I was also a little overwhelmed at the time from work.

As far as being sensitive to pressure, I don't know what to say. Uhm, yes!
It is one of my far senses that is "wide fucking awake"  most of the time, as opposed to "not present" as with most other people.

I am also able to "feel" slight changes in real time pressure of my surroundings.
This sense makes it almost impossible for someone to "sneak up" on me, especially inside a closed space, because the finest change in air pressure, I can sense. I am disturbed by slight changes in pressure even before I notice a Doppler or echo movement from something in my area changing in reflective coefficient or causing a "sound shadow"  (I don't really know any other way to describe it, if you don't now what a "sound shadow" is) in my surroundings (due to a body or an absorption mass moving silently in the room for instance). I can't tell you how many times I have jumped up from some task and thumped the nose or pinched the nipple or poked the navel (all to demonstrate precision) of someone with the gall to think that they could sneak up upon me from out of my view. You can't, most of the time.

As far as enjoying weather related phenomenon, which are in constant flux on a moment by moment basis, I sometimes find myself quite distracted by the pleasure of higher pressures, when in near perfect silence, especially. The pleasure is often interrupted, though, due to my being even more sensitive to changes at higher pressures.

As the barometric pressure falls, I become less sensitive, but less alive as well. I can feel all the energies within my body being depleted at a higher rate than I can keep up, just to hold (us?) together as a unit. I have a set of theories regarding reasons we all become depressed on rainy (low pressure) days.

Obviously, being a spazz, I also experience times when you could clumsily stomp up right in front of me and whack me in the neck with something and I would not react or feel it at first or even know who you were without changing my direction of focus and "resampling"  what had just happened.

Some days are diamonds, some days are coal.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 07:56:55 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #414 on: February 07, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
Thanks for your description of how you perceive the changes in air pressure around you.  There was also a reference in there to nipple pinching, always refreshing!

Now, I have a question.  Feel free to answer when you have time.

I went to see some live bands tonight, just a local pub, beautiful funk/soul music.  And there was one particular musician who caught my eye...but I had seen him earlier in the night, didn't know he was a member of one of the bands that were on later in the night.  So anyway...they finish their set, a girl starts chatting with him, kisses him once, but directly on the mouth and starts playing with his hair.  I say to my friend...well that must be his girlfriend.  (Devastated!)  Anyway, as things panned out, clearly she was not.  And I started to notice all sorts of girls giving him attention.  (And yes in amongst this he does pass close by several times and smiles at me...but I'm not giving him any attention - that he knows of ;) )  Then when we are leaving I see him out on the street coming back from loading his equipment and a CARLOAD of girls are chatting to him, with one blowing a kiss as they drive off!!!

So my question is this....I can understand I suppose the attraction of the whole groupie/musician thing, though it's not my style in any way shape or form.  What I did think was, it would be hard for a guy (any guy, not just Mr Gorgeous in my story above) to think he's pretty shit hot if he's a musician and constantly getting attention from the ladies. 

Since you are well versed in this area...what do you think Dawg?  I'm sure the ego may shrink with time, but does it give the guy some little edge....ie; does he think he can make any woman quiver with delight?

I say this because there were a lot of butt ugly, not very personable men there that were getting no doubt undeserved attention, and I put it down to the fact it was because they could play an instrument?  Again, I get the concept...but this fawning all over a guy because he's a musician...mmm.  I ask all of this too because a few months ago, I was seeing a guy...he used to play in bands etc....and I am kind of thinking now, me not giving him the adoration he clearly would get previously has pissed him off.

Anyway, I have probably rambled on somewhat, but wondered what your thoughts were. Generally do musos tend to keep their inflated egos for a long time?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #415 on: February 07, 2009, 10:53:39 AM »
Sorry Dawg...I did not realise this shit had happened - I hope your arm heals soon, and glad they have those guys in custody. 

hugs and xxx's

:-*

no.

i had to defend myself again

iwent too far

What happened?

Three assholes broke into my neighbor's house. She is an elderly widow with a boyfriend. She usually stays at his house in the country, but returns once a week to get mail, check out stuff, maintain the place and then leaves again.

I happened to notice activity over there and went over to inquire as to the identity of the "Angel"  who helped my wife with some snow shoveling chores on the day we had sisteen inches of snow. The "Angel"  with a Bobcat said that she knew my neighbor. I figured that there aren't that many seventy year old ladies with Bobcats going around helping women with snow removal and it would be easy to find out who she was and return some good will to her.

I walked right up into her screened-in porch, started to knock and the door was open -  I said, "Hello?"  then I heard a noise at my side just as a baseball bat swung at my head. I managed to duck enough and get my arm up to protect my head, snag the bat and came around with a bit too much force and hit the punk with my left hand in the temple. He went out cold, had not woke up, and was bleeding from the ear when the cops got there. I did not know at the time that he had broken my arm and another punk ran towards me out of the dark.  I stabbed him in the solar plexus with the end of bat knocking his breath out as the third punk broke through the back dooor and took off.

I only saw his black coat. The second guy was recovering and trying to run away and I hit him in the femur as hard as I fucking could with his buddy's bat and he was done fighting.  It was only about four minutes when the cops got there, because another woman walking by had seen me get hit and knew that "helen" would not do that, so she called the cops. Two of the punks are in police custody. I have had the entire neighborhood stop by. FUCK!

I have an air cast and a sling right now on my right arm. He hit me just below the elbow and fractured my right ulna. I did not know at first, but it got so swollen and purple that I went to the emergency room last night. I will be in the cast for four to six weeks, supposedly. It was not a complete break, just a hiarline fracture, so the prognosis is good.  It all happened so fast- -in the span of about twenty minutes.  I went in to the police station to make a docu-video of my statements when I was done at the hospital.
Four of our neighbors stayed with the kids while I went to the emergency room, but innedd them to go when I was done.

I got some sleep and I have taken an Oxycodone. They gave me twelve of them, but I don't really have any pain, unless I try to flex my elbow, so I will keep them for later.

We never even used to lock our house. This place has gone completely nutz!

I'm so grateful that you have those Ninja reflexes or else you might not have been able to defend yourself after getting hit with a baseball bat in the head.

The town that I grew up in has deteriorated also, I noticed when I went there to try to help my father.

My brother showed me crack houses that you wouldn't even know were there unless you drove by very late at night.

I hope the fracture of your ulna heals quickly and without pain.  What's an air cast?

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #416 on: February 07, 2009, 12:41:07 PM »
I'm glad you stopped them.

How come you think you went too far?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #417 on: February 07, 2009, 06:51:39 PM »
I'm glad you stopped them.

How come you think you went too far?

It is because the guy whose leg I took out is severely injured. He came at me scary and I put him down - I had the bat by then and stabbed him in the midsection with it, then I ran to find out what the rest of the noise was about as the third one broke through the back door and hoofed it away.

When i came back into the main room, with nothing in my mind but getting the motherloving FUCk out of there and calling the cops, the second guy was trying to gain his feet and run away, after having his breath knocked out, but I hit his upper leg, too hard though, with the bat. They both went to the hospital - the first guy did not regain consciousness during the night and has a rupture in his inner ear from my left fist- he's fine - the second guy has a compound fracture of his femur.

That's what I meant by "going too far."  I could have pulled the punch a bit, like his buddy did with me and my head, but I hit him with a large portion of my chi and broke is femur in three places, requiring surgery - I was fully ramped up with adrenalin at that point and I could have done much worse if they had kept coming - I just want it to go away now...

I just found that out about how badly I hurt the second guy at about eleven last night (I was already  listening to my evening music and almost settled enough to go out) when my neighbor/cop/"friend" came by to tell me that they were investigating me, as well. That's why I have removed or edited so many of my posts in the last few hours.(probably a stim, but fuck I have been harsh at times. i'm not a harsh person.) fuck it they can look but they wont find shit. i am the innocent bystander who wasd involved in a crime. I am not a bad person. I am not wrong! I am innocent. I should not be investigated. 

I know what they are doing now though - they are amking a stronger case against the burglars.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #418 on: February 07, 2009, 07:17:32 PM »
Sorry Dawg...I did not realise this shit had happened - I hope your arm heals soon, and glad they have those guys in custody. 

hugs and xxx's

:-*

Thanks for the hugs and can you put the kisses just below my right elbow?

:D

I'm OK. mostly.

My wife was totally freaked when she found out the next day what had happened while she was at work, trusting me to "take care of things"  on teh homefront.

There is some history and she thinks I am starting up being some kind of a headcase again, but that's NOT the case.

I am more stable than I have been in a great while - job, audio projects in the works, hardons, eating well, exercising more, writing poetry again, drawing my thoughts, re-writing on my old journals some, hardly smoking as much, reading seven or eight books at a time ... I was getting back to being myself, until this new thing.

I have spent a lot of time rocking and "hugging myself,"  as she calls it, since.

... but I'm OK. I've been through much worse.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #419 on: February 07, 2009, 08:15:55 PM »
Thanks for your description of how you perceive the changes in air pressure around you.  There was also a reference in there to nipple pinching, always refreshing!

Now, I have a question.  Feel free to answer when you have time.

I went to see some live bands tonight, just a local pub, beautiful funk/soul music.  And there was one particular musician who caught my eye...but I had seen him earlier in the night, didn't know he was a member of one of the bands that were on later in the night.  So anyway...they finish their set, a girl starts chatting with him, kisses him once, but directly on the mouth and starts playing with his hair.  I say to my friend...well that must be his girlfriend.  (Devastated!)  Anyway, as things panned out, clearly she was not.  And I started to notice all sorts of girls giving him attention.  (And yes in amongst this he does pass close by several times and smiles at me...but I'm not giving him any attention - that he knows of ;) )  Then when we are leaving I see him out on the street coming back from loading his equipment and a CARLOAD of girls are chatting to him, with one blowing a kiss as they drive off!!!

So my question is this....I can understand I suppose the attraction of the whole groupie/musician thing, though it's not my style in any way shape or form.  What I did think was, it would be hard for a guy (any guy, not just Mr Gorgeous in my story above) to think he's pretty shit hot if he's a musician and constantly getting attention from the ladies. 

Since you are well versed in this area...what do you think Dawg?  I'm sure the ego may shrink with time, but does it give the guy some little edge....ie; does he think he can make any woman quiver with delight?

I say this because there were a lot of butt ugly, not very personable men there that were getting no doubt undeserved attention, and I put it down to the fact it was because they could play an instrument?  Again, I get the concept...but this fawning all over a guy because he's a musician...mmm.  I ask all of this too because a few months ago, I was seeing a guy...he used to play in bands etc....and I am kind of thinking now, me not giving him the adoration he clearly would get previously has pissed him off.

Anyway, I have probably rambled on somewhat, but wondered what your thoughts were. Generally do musos tend to keep their inflated egos for a long time?

This is a very complicated question, but I'm jealous. I haven't seen a decent live funk/soul band since last spring.

In my experience, Yes, an extended ego does indeed give most of these front-guys an edge.  I was never one of them, but in a band with five or six guys, I usually had third or fourth pick of the "best looking"  women  (obviously, the "best looking woman" was often mine, since my tastes don't really follow the Hollywood Glamazon trend. I have always preferred "well built."  healthy women).

Whether or not they keep it up ... nah. Once they lose their spotlight, they are usually less "frontly" than normal in the ego department and way less than normal in the confidence department. That probably doesn't take away from their abilities, but it seems that they generally require quite a bit of support to re-establish themselves once the spotlights shift to another Hawt Guy.

A shifting spotlight has been known to instigate a number of "catfights"  between these hot front guys.  I am not saying that they are all this shallow, but many of them fall almost helplessly into the expected role before they even know what they are doing, find themselves in shit over their heads and try to fuck their way to some air, abandoning all their real friends in the process.

All that shit comes and goes, though. To a true musician, only the music is real. We can only touch you with our music.