Educational

Author Topic: Send me your WP mod problems  (Read 2712 times)

Osensitive1

Re: Send me your WP mod problems
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2011, 04:32:45 PM »
I don't think anyone has even hinted that they think Dox should be banned  ??? :dunno:
Why are you mentioning it?

Because PPK's issue seems to revolve around the old de-eldering argument, and Dox isn't an elder so saying that nobody mentioned de-eldering Dox isn't a valid point.  So I used the most appropriate analog.
Okay, you said banned; misunderstanding.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2011, 04:34:07 PM »
Know who should have kept their shit private? Parakeet.

:indeed:

Still not sure what he was thinking.  I think he became so used to the arguing style over on WP that he thought he could hold his own against the heathen horde.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2011, 04:37:11 PM »
I don't think anyone has even hinted that they think Dox should be banned  ??? :dunno:

Because PPK's issue seems to revolve around the old de-eldering argument, and Dox isn't an elder so saying that nobody mentioned de-eldering Dox isn't a valid point.  So I used the most appropriate analog.

To better clarify, PPK's anger seems to be in response to someone saying he should be banned or something else of serious consequence.  As all anyone has done is said that they feel he is dishonest I am left confused as to the vehemence of PPK's reaction.

Osensitive1

« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2011, 04:40:32 PM »

Still not sure what he was thinking.  I think he became so used to the arguing style over on WP that he thought he could hold his own against the heathen horde.
Was thinking farther back and talking about his personal information; he provided everything used to upset him.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2011, 04:44:17 PM »

To better clarify, PPK's anger seems to be in response to someone saying he should be banned or something else of serious consequence.  As all anyone has done is said that they feel he is dishonest I am left confused as to the vehemence of PPK's reaction.

I suggested de-eldering Dox before realising he only has 66 posts (durr  :autism:)

my reasoning is: The Elders Forum has a degree of trust in order to be a member there , now while there is nothing particulalry sensitive in there , I still think it is wrong for someone to break that trust , which is why I supported Benjina being de-eldered.

It's not about content / action , it's about motives IMO.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

midlifeaspie

« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2011, 04:44:31 PM »

Was thinking farther back and talking about his personal information; he provided everything used to upset him.

An even better point than the one I thought you were making :)

P7PSP

« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »
I don't care. All of this concern about what is said here and taken back to WP just smells like a stinking pile of shit. All the talk of de eldering some months back went direct to protecting sock puppets IMO. I don't give a rat's ass about anyone else's sock puppets. People want that shit private, let them take responsibility in keeping it private. I do see that particular forum as being a place where, hopefully, people can't post stuff of a more private nature than they care to post in the general use area. WTF is so private about what conversations are had here? Search keywords and I2 threads will pop up. No big mystery. Everyday in the Caught Snooping thread we will be posting and laughing about a bot printing the Shit Digging thread or some other popular thread.

All of this is true, but why does it upset you so?
When I actively posted at WP, March 2008 through 2009 was all but a dozen or so 29 exactly of my 1544 posts IIRC, there was nothing devious in Dox's posts. He was quick to take issue with mods when he thought they were in the wrong as I recall, particularly Lau and Sins, I don't recall if he argued with Mr Mark and I sure as hell do not recall him ever sucking up. Anybody can get an account here by stating that they are over 18, get the info available after 10 posts and do so in a completely underhanded manner if they choose. Given that the info is readily available and Dox being straight up in his posts from what I have seen the intent that you and others read into his actions is not there IMO.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2011, 04:49:17 PM »
I don't care. All of this concern about what is said here and taken back to WP just smells like a stinking pile of shit. All the talk of de eldering some months back went direct to protecting sock puppets IMO. I don't give a rat's ass about anyone else's sock puppets. People want that shit private, let them take responsibility in keeping it private. I do see that particular forum as being a place where, hopefully, people can't post stuff of a more private nature than they care to post in the general use area. WTF is so private about what conversations are had here? Search keywords and I2 threads will pop up. No big mystery. Everyday in the Caught Snooping thread we will be posting and laughing about a bot printing the Shit Digging thread or some other popular thread.

All of this is true, but why does it upset you so?
When I actively posted at WP, March 2008 through 2009 was all but a dozen or so 29 exactly of my 1544 posts IIRC, there was nothing devious in Dox's posts. He was quick to take issue with mods when he thought they were in the wrong as I recall, particularly Lau and Sins, I don't recall if he argued with Mr Mark and I sure as hell do not recall him ever sucking up. Anybody can get an account here by stating that they are over 18, get the info available after 10 posts and do so in a completely underhanded manner if they choose. Given that the info is readily available and Dox being straight up in his posts from what I have seen the intent that you and others read into his actions is not there IMO.

I can see your point of view.  My personal experiences aren't something you can see.  As I said previously:

I have no proof as I didn't copy the mod logs nor did I ask anyone to put anything in writing for future debate as I hardly gave a shit.  I was one of the moderators there, that's all I can offer.  The members here will have to decide who they believe on their own.

why should anyone believe anything you say after you betrayed the trust of people who contacted you in private?

That's up to them, and I feel comfortable resting on my reputation.  Some will, some won't, I can probably even give you a list of who will fall on each side.  Does it really matter?  Do you feel you have a reputation to protect over here now?  After that hilarious display of protecting people from weak trolling and calling yourself some kind of expert, do you really think anyone respects you anyway?

Who cares?  But it's funny that you say I have "betrayed the trust" of people in your own defense.  I have, and I am not sure exactly what you are referring to, but if you are saying that I can't be trusted with what I am sharing because what I am sharing was told to me in private then aren't you actually proving me to be correct? ;)

I never came out and started going after him regarding this matter when i first joined.  I didn't say a thing until he came blazing in posting blatantly hypocritical statements.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2011, 11:41:03 PM »
Well I don't know about anyone else, but I'm merely engaging in my duty of being the resident shit stirrer here. :toporly:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

P7PSP

« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2011, 11:44:35 PM »
@PPK. What do you think the elders forum should be for? or do you not think it should exist?
In post #66 I edited to change the word can't (brain fart typo) to can. I believe this will clarify what I think the Elder Forum should be for.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2011, 12:39:32 AM »
Thank you PPK, at least someone remembers that there were other mods before the current bunch, and that I was a huge pain in the ass to them.  The mods when I joined WP were Sins, QM, MrMark and Lau, and I clashed with all of them frequently in public, it's all there in the posting record if anyone wants to dig it up.

After I got banned, I realized that it didn't matter if I followed the letter of the rules if they wanted to ban you, they'd find a way.  That's when I switched gears from berating the mods in public to lobbying them in private to see things my way, which was a less ban-happy, more leeway given to PPR kind of way.  Anyone who was there in 08 or 09 been in there lately?  It's a bit different now, isn't it?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2011, 05:09:20 AM »
Remember part of the changes (which were pretty positive IMO) were bought about by actions of a small group of Aspies from I2 acting not in concert but in their own way and the catalyst was the inconsistency of treatment of certain classes of people on WP.
I played my part and yes I lobbied the Mods.
One of the mods at the time, who had only ever been on one Aspie site was brave enough to grace our forum. We never let him leave.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

midlifeaspie

« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »
As part of an ongoing project, I'm documenting misconduct by the moderators over on Wrong Planet, and though I have a pretty good personal file of them breaking their own rules, abusing members, etc, I would like more evidence showing a pattern of abuse against a wide variety of members there.  I figured this would be a good place to start get some more egregious examples since there's such a high percentage of disgruntled former WP members here, so please post or PM me links to the relevant threads, or if you have copies of any abusive PMs, I'll take those too.  I'm especially looking for clearly abusive behaviors in open threads that can be directly linked to involving the current moderators, the more links to these incidents I can acquire, the higher my chances of success with the project outlined below rise.

Without going into specifics, among other things I'm putting together a packet discouraging other autism groups from supporting WP or linking to the site, and need as much hard proof as possible that WP is not a good place to send people with autistic spectrum disorders looking for camaraderie or support until they fix their site management.  Once I feel that I have sufficient documentation and a persuasive argument, I'll be distributing the packet through a variety of methods throughout the online AS community, at which point any discussion that follows can be used as sources when editing the Wikipedia entry on WrongPlanet that Alex is (in)famously protective of, adding a criticisms and controversy section for example.  Since WP relies upon GoogleAds and donations to exist, by creating an atmosphere of disrepute around WP I should be able to cut into those and put sufficient pressure on both the site and Alex personally to make the necessary changes to restore that site to being a safe place for aspies.  I'm aware that this is a lofty goal, but I've got the time and the inclination, and with a bit of support I don't think it's terribly far fetched.   

Just to clarify in advance, I'm not "plotting to destroy WP", out for some petty revenge, or anything stupid like that, I just happen to think that the way that WP is being run is a genuine menace to people with AS, and that WP is often the first stop online for the newly diagnosed by way of it's high profile and inflated user count, and that something ought to be done about it.  I'd be lying if I said ousting some of the current moderators over there wouldn't be immensely personally satisfying, but if that alone was my goal there are easier ways of going about it that I could have gone. If you agree with me, great, if not, fine as well, just don't waste both of our time with nonconstructive criticism junking up my thread.

Who the hell was this pussy?

Edit: Never mind  :autism: :tard:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:28:51 PM by Hubert »

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2012, 03:29:21 PM »
Dox47 IIRC.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2012, 04:25:09 PM »
Is there still problems happening there?