Educational

Author Topic: Random possibly useful fact  (Read 27246 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Random possibly useful fact
« Reply #300 on: April 20, 2013, 01:55:51 AM »
Ugh. Sympathy.

(Surely they've got enough young people who can unload trucks, you do a lot more than cart stuff around...)

So right. My boss said so ... "I need your brain, not your brawn, but my hand has been forced."

When the corporates gave him copies of letters written by "caring, kneejerk, bleeding heart assholes", totally dis'ing BBY for having a crippled man loading their products, they came down on him (my GM).  A meeting was held and they gave him the wherewithal to set me on leave and all the stuff to get paid benefits while I am healing.

Honestly, as difficult as that conversation was to suffer through (for both of us), this may work out in my favor.

I will be paid eighty per cent of my normal wage and be STILL able to rest and totally heal without going day to day breaking things down again and again during the healing process.

I am trying to see the positive side to this and I think it is real.

:-[

... although, still embarrassing.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #301 on: April 20, 2013, 02:09:43 AM »
I hope it does work in your favour, then.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #302 on: April 20, 2013, 05:01:42 AM »

Yes, thanks.

I  need a little more time to heal  completely.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #303 on: April 20, 2013, 05:23:02 AM »

It was the two broken ribs last week  that caused him to lose the arguments in my favor.

Useless fact, randomness>

I am too stoned on opiate downers to sleep. jittery as fuck all  I have just put stuff in the bread machine, I am lying back to once again enjoy "Gone With The Wind" and hopefully pass out.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #304 on: April 20, 2013, 09:22:35 AM »
Honestly, as difficult as that conversation was to suffer through (for both of us), this may work out in my favor.

I will be paid eighty per cent of my normal wage and be STILL able to rest and totally heal without going day to day breaking things down again and again during the healing process.

Eh, forget the embarrassment.

I'm a wee bit jealous even (though not enough to want both my hips sawed out and replaced with steel, and a few cracked ribs on top of it  :-[ ) since time feels like the most precious resource of all right now. I'm contemplating quitting my job even without pay just to buy myself a few months of space to work on the things I was really put on this planet to do. Like, say, art.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #305 on: April 20, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »

I'm a wee bit jealous even (though not enough to want both my hips sawed out and replaced with steel, and a few cracked ribs on top of it  :-[ ) since time feels like the most precious resource of all right now. I'm contemplating quitting my job even without pay just to buy myself a few months of space to work on the things I was really put on this planet to do. Like, say, art.

Agree about forgetting the embarrassment.  I was on bed rest for about 5 months of my pregnancy with the PR.  Otherwise perfectly healthy, allowed up for 2 hours a day for meals, toileting, bathing and doctor visits.  When I had the doctor visit I was not up except for toileting.  Pretty hard for an independently minded woman of the work force to handle at the age of 39.  But I did.  Focus on healing, that's what's important.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #306 on: April 20, 2013, 02:51:37 PM »

Let us hope that none of the pain I feel ever comes your way.

Your comment about time being a most precious resource is more real than you know.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #307 on: April 21, 2013, 10:25:05 PM »

He showed me the letters that were sent to the corporate offices, two of them actually used the words, "crippled old man." to describe me. NO, I am not hurt, I am pissed as hell!!

I can tell you that I am not crippled (being crippled is a state of mind, not one of body)  I was doing my very best to keep my job and maintain the daily duty that was required. But when these kneejerk bleeding heart assholes wrote to the corporate entity, describing how "hurt"  they were to have a sufferring old man loading out their TVs, I was fucked.

I can tell you that, even with my cane, I am as strong as most of the kids up there, but the image is too much to bare for some people.

:hair:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #308 on: April 21, 2013, 10:31:46 PM »
Anyway, I have put in for ninety days of leave and I will receive eighty percent of my wage during my time off.

I will heal well, do some needed gardening, hiking, biking, construction projects and some photographic excursions and come back ready to ROXXORS!!

I feel that my boss did me a favor or two.

As difficult as it was, I shook his hand as we parted and thanked him.

I did not yet know how forthcoming my benefit package was going to be.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:35:10 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #309 on: April 22, 2013, 06:14:09 AM »
Great to hear, Dirt Dawg.  In the meantime do what you love.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #310 on: April 23, 2013, 02:18:41 AM »
This is my 66666th post.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #311 on: April 23, 2013, 04:48:34 AM »
:)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #312 on: April 23, 2013, 05:52:18 AM »
This is my 66666th post.

:aff: ULTIMATE EVIL! :aff:

:flame: :mwhaha: :bat: :mwhaha: :flame: :mwhaha: :bat: :mwhaha: :flame:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2013, 07:32:23 AM »
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #314 on: April 23, 2013, 07:40:53 AM »
This is my 66666th post.
stop already.
Misunderstood.