Author Topic: Random possibly useful fact  (Read 27247 times)

TheoK

Re: Random possibly useful fact
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2012, 07:25:29 PM »
Buk is a Swedish word synonym to the German Bauch=stomach cavity. The Swedish word is strictly scientifically used, though, with one exception, namely the slang word buksvåger. Svåger is Swedish for "brother in law" (actually originally means "sworn brother"). A buksvåger is someone who is otherwise unrelated to you but has fucked the same woman  :laugh:

TheoK

« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2012, 03:41:22 PM »
Runka is Swedish for "jerk off". Brunka is a pun, a so called glutination of the word "brown" brun+runka. It means that you either shit by jerking off or jerk off with the shit as a lubricant  :orly: :zoinks:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2012, 06:25:17 PM »
Runka is Swedish for "jerk off". Brunka is a pun, a so called glutination of the word "brown" brun+runka. It means that you either shit by jerking off or jerk off with the shit as a lubricant  :orly: :zoinks:

Did we really need to know this??????????????????????
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2012, 08:18:48 PM »
If your gas stove won't light up when turning on the igniter, don't continue to leave it on. Not only can you burn out the igniter, but if the kitchen fills with gas it can blow up part of the house with the spark reaching the leaking gas. If the gas ports get clogged, use a needle or straight pin or piano wire to clean it out.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2012, 11:37:03 AM »
PHOTOGRAPH YOUR PARKING JOB. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve “lost” my car in a parking lot. Not any more! I use the camera on my cell phone to photograph where I’m parked, including an elevator name or lot number. Sometimes I’ll snap two or three pictures. And it works every time. I no longer have to remember or write down where I left my car. Denise, Illinois

From me:  I take a photos of PA and the PR, straight on, close up with my camera/phone before a trip.  That way, if they're lost I have a recent closeup to show police.  (Note, not that I anticipate losing PA, but............)  So many times we don't carry photos of our family or they're a few years old, different hair style, taken from a distance, etc. 

midlifeaspie

« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2012, 11:52:47 AM »
PHOTOGRAPH YOUR PARKING JOB. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve “lost” my car in a parking lot. Not any more! I use the camera on my cell phone to photograph where I’m parked, including an elevator name or lot number. Sometimes I’ll snap two or three pictures. And it works every time. I no longer have to remember or write down where I left my car. Denise, Illinois

From me:  I take a photos of PA and the PR, straight on, close up with my camera/phone before a trip.  That way, if they're lost I have a recent closeup to show police.  (Note, not that I anticipate losing PA, but............)  So many times we don't carry photos of our family or they're a few years old, different hair style, taken from a distance, etc.

If you have a fancy smart phone you can usually tag your parking space GPS coordinates also, then your phone can lead you right back.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »

If you have a fancy smart phone you can usually tag your parking space GPS coordinates also, then your phone can lead you right back.

I consider myself lucky my cell phone has a camera.  I put 800 minutes on it in Dec 2010 and still have 58 minutes left.  Will definitely have to buy some more minutes before the end of the year.

P7PSP

« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2012, 07:43:47 PM »
Buk is a Swedish word synonym to the German Bauch=stomach cavity. The Swedish word is strictly scientifically used, though, with one exception, namely the slang word buksvåger. Svåger is Swedish for "brother in law" (actually originally means "sworn brother"). A buksvåger is someone who is otherwise unrelated to you but has fucked the same woman  :laugh:
Good to know.  :thumbup: I already plussed you a little while ago though.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2012, 11:06:03 PM »
There's an Oxygen users meeting i Frankfurt in November.

It's a funny fact, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2012, 02:35:44 AM »
"Mile" is Latin and means "thousand double-steps".

TheoK

« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2012, 09:15:46 AM »
"Match" is sulphuratum in Latin  :viking:

TheoK

« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2012, 06:21:58 PM »
Swedish for "nightcap"=a drink before bed is sängfösare, which means "bedpusher" literally  :laugh:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2012, 09:07:38 AM »
Swedish for "nightcap"=a drink before bed is sängfösare, which means "bedpusher" literally  :laugh:

Nice nickname

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2012, 07:21:40 AM »
Flatfish, like the (Eur.) plaice, start their lives swimming like 'normal' fish do.. upright, so to say. Then after p/m six weeks the søckers 'turn' 45 degrees, one eye gradually moves to the other side and they're become as we know them.. flatfish. Quite bizarre but true.

Well, I like 'em.. as friends..    :P  Nah, to eat, I mean..
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2012, 11:36:52 AM »
Flatfish, like the (Eur.) plaice, start their lives swimming like 'normal' fish do.. upright, so to say. Then after p/m six weeks the søckers 'turn' 45 degrees, one eye gradually moves to the other side and they're become as we know them.. flatfish. Quite bizarre but true.

Well, I like 'em.. as friends..    :P  Nah, to eat, I mean..

Transaxial fish?  Where's the Moral Majority when you need them?