Educational

Author Topic: Adam, a quick question...  (Read 859 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Adam, a quick question...
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 12:39:42 AM »
Some unrest in the colonies again, Your Majesty. One is tempted to question their priorities.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 12:56:13 AM »
Soccer, the game schoolkids play on weekends?

:D

P7PSP

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2012, 02:54:42 AM »
Football has always been called Football in Great Britain.  America is the only major country to call it soccer.
And the etymology of the term soccer goes back to the English abbreviating the term Association Football which was used to distinguish soccer from the more interesting sport of Rugby. England is the country that originally called it soccer. If the English don't like that word being used here they should take issue with those of their ancestors who coined the term rather than people over here still using it. http://www.uponmyword.com/football-v-soccer-or-the-etymology-of-soccer I don't really care if the English say "bonnet" when referring to the "hood" of a car or "take away" rather than "to go" in reference to food. If they want to get their knickers in a knot over someone else using a term that their own ancestors coined than that is their problem and I don't care enough about their tender feelings on the matter to stop using the term. Soccer, Rugby, Australian Rules Football and NFL Style Football have all been called Football and people can choose to accept that or whine about it.

This is just commenting on the point you made QV not having a go at you.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2012, 07:00:32 AM »
Football has always been called Football in Great Britain.  America is the only major country to call it soccer.
And the etymology of the term soccer goes back to the English abbreviating the term Association Football which was used to distinguish soccer from the more interesting sport of Rugby. England is the country that originally called it soccer. If the English don't like that word being used here they should take issue with those of their ancestors who coined the term rather than people over here still using it. http://www.uponmyword.com/football-v-soccer-or-the-etymology-of-soccer I don't really care if the English say "bonnet" when referring to the "hood" of a car or "take away" rather than "to go" in reference to food. If they want to get their knickers in a knot over someone else using a term that their own ancestors coined than that is their problem and I don't care enough about their tender feelings on the matter to stop using the term. Soccer, Rugby, Australian Rules Football and NFL Style Football have all been called Football and people can choose to accept that or whine about it.

This is just commenting on the point you made QV not having a go at you.

YOu get to watch any Aussie rules games PPK?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

P7PSP

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2012, 08:00:29 AM »
I saw enough before and after talking to you to get a good idea of how it is played, especially why the NFL recruited some of the Aussies to be punters and goal kickers. Being able to kick a 6 pointer on the run is damned impressive.

On another note I saw a bunch of QLD Reds and Hamilton Chiefs fans on the train Sunday and talked to them about the then upcoming match. I like QLD's motto "We Are Queensland, We Are Red" lots of kiwis showing up to that one, about 20% on the express train from the Gold Coast.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2012, 09:08:27 AM »
who cares about shit sports like that. football is the only sport worth any attention

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2012, 10:40:22 AM »
Rugby is the only overseas sport I approve of. crickett, hockey and polo all suck
but to be fair horse racing and nascar in the united states is quite popular and i cant stand either
:skywarp:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2012, 02:26:44 PM »
Rugby is the only overseas sport I approve of. crickett, hockey and polo all suck
but to be fair horse racing and nascar in the united states is quite popular and i cant stand either

My brother really, really liked NASCAR but I didn't get into it either.  I saw one race.

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2012, 02:40:27 PM »

i dont see why your bringing up what is good or not. i never mentioned wether i liked football or hocky.

i deduct that your just being a stupid american troll

your going to use my language improperly than you really should expect to be corrected though.

:scratchhead:

i never said i used my language well

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »
i think basketball and hockey can be interesting. the only racing ive ever watched much of is F1 and i sometimes watch tennis but tbh i find most sports boring after a while. only one i enjoy and follow is football. cricket, golf and baseball are boring as fuck. rugby is ok but not realy of interest to me

P7PSP

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2012, 05:06:58 PM »

My brother really, really liked NASCAR but I didn't get into it either.  I saw one race.
:agreed: NASCAR sucks. Short track stock car and sprint car races are much, much better.

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2012, 09:55:22 PM »

:agreed: NASCAR sucks. Short track stock car and sprint car races are much, much better.

video games are better. especially when they dont have anything to do with sports.

legend of zelda OoT or MM is the best... but twilight princess is a close second/third. i dont own that one os i only have a small amount of play to judge it on.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2012, 12:52:25 AM »
Yeah footy is the only sport i follow.  My team was in the play off's to go up but we didn't.  So, i am a bit pissed off, too.

I don't really care much for the American game or what they call it.  Football is a game played with the foot and a ball.  Hence the name.  If the planks want to play a game where they have their hands on their balls a lot of the time,  i would think 'handball' would be a better term,  but it doesn't bother me that they want to call it after our own splendid game :zoinks:

Cricket is something to watch if insomnia is present.  Rugby is a little too much of a 'contact' sport for my liking,  and all that jumping in the bath together afterwards...yikes  no sir, not for me!

blah blah blah

P7PSP

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2012, 02:13:46 AM »
Yeah footy is the only sport i follow.  My team was in the play off's to go up but we didn't.  So, i am a bit pissed off, too.

I don't really care much for the American game or what they call it.  Football is a game played with the foot and a ball.  Hence the name.  If the planks want to play a game where they have their hands on their balls a lot of the time,  i would think 'handball' would be a better term,  but it doesn't bother me that they want to call it after our own splendid game :zoinks:

Cricket is something to watch if insomnia is present.  Rugby is a little too much of a 'contact' sport for my liking,  and all that jumping in the bath together afterwards...yikes  no sir, not for me!
:( ??? I have always thought you would be a blast at contact sports.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2012, 02:40:57 AM »

:( ??? I have always thought you would be a blast at contact sports.
I don't mind wrestling :P
blah blah blah