Educational

Author Topic: Troll jailed for racist comment  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Meadow

• Delicate Flower of the Autie Elite
  • Postwhore
Re: Troll jailed for racist comment
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 02:53:30 PM »
There should be harsh penalties for racist behavior. Maybe it will deter more violent racially motivated activity in real life. The guy looks like he could be a menace in real life as well. It's better they get him and send out a message to him now before he does something more serious.

It's funny too since I was partly banned from WP because I was offended by the terrible bashing of Whitney Houston after her death. Someone in her family should take up an action against WP for allowing something like that, in total contradiction to all the glorified rules they have...just shows the guy in charge doesn't know what he's doing, or even what he stands for IMO.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 03:01:57 PM »
You can't make shit opinions illegal

If action can be taken against people making comments like that on wp, who's to say people you've insulted here should'nt be able to take action against you?

Where do you ddraw the line and how do you decide what's ok to say and what isnt?

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 03:15:37 PM »
Racism is a major issue not to be treated lightly and I personally agree with taking action against it, including hate speech. Words are very powerful and can cause a lot of harm. Maybe penalties will make people realize their words have power to injure and to think a little more about the consequences on both sides.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 03:21:54 PM »
This is part of the New World Order, where you can be sent to prison or even be killed for "thoughtcrimes".

Believe it or not, but all the racism that's happening right now, the elites are causing most of it, and they are using it to their advantage, so that they can divide the people and suppress free speech more and more.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »
Racism is a major issue not to be treated lightly and I personally agree with taking action against it, including hate speech. Words are very powerful and can cause a lot of harm. Maybe penalties will make people realize their words have power to injure and to think a little more about the consequences on both sides.

but where do you draw the  line? just racism? homophobia? sexism? what forms of sexism? religiously fuelled homophobia? general hate spoeech directed at an individual person? in that case a lot of people here would end up in prison

Offline BruceCM

• Half-wit of the Aspie Elite
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 03:35:27 PM »
Yeah, it's weird, that. So, it's racism; how, exactly, is that so much worse than all the other stuff that doesn't have such a label? The abuse I got at school would have been 'racist', if I'd happened to have coloured skin & similarly for just about anybody on this site!
Oh no, the evil webmaster changed my sig again!

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »
This is part of the New World Order, where you can be sent to prison or even be killed for "thoughtcrimes".

Believe it or not, but all the racism that's happening right now, the elites are causing most of it, and they are using it to their advantage, so that they can divide the people and suppress free speech more and more.

I think this is paranoia producing propaganda driven by conservative republicans right now and directed largely to Christian populations who feed so well on it, but that's just my opinion.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 03:56:41 PM »

but where do you draw the  line? just racism? homophobia? sexism? what forms of sexism? religiously fuelled homophobia? general hate spoeech directed at an individual person? in that case a lot of people here would end up in prison

I draw the line at racism right now. People tend to think homosexuality is a choice and not a condition people are born with and maybe if/when that changes it might be looked at differently. Having many gay people as friends I have grown to believe they are born not made and until social consciousness catches up and gay issues are better understood it isn't going to be considered as equally relevant as racial issues. Maybe the line is...can a person help what color they are, what sex they are or what sexual orientation they are, etc..? Why do people want to hate others for things they can do nothing about? Why not explain that to me? I personally don't understand the desire in the first place.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 03:56:52 PM »

Are you white?

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »

Are you white?

very....what a stupid question
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:00:17 PM by Meadow »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 04:00:58 PM »

Are you white?

very....what a stupid question

Then what the fuck do you know about racism?

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 04:01:54 PM »
What an idiot!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 04:02:34 PM »
What an idiot!

I know.  You need to work on that sweetie  :apondering:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 04:58:47 PM »
There should be harsh penalties for racist behavior. Maybe it will deter more violent racially motivated activity in real life. The guy looks like he could be a menace in real life as well. It's better they get him and send out a message to him now before he does something more serious.

It's funny too since I was partly banned from WP because I was offended by the terrible bashing of Whitney Houston after her death. Someone in her family should take up an action against WP for allowing something like that, in total contradiction to all the glorified rules they have...just shows the guy in charge doesn't know what he's doing, or even what he stands for IMO.
I am puzzled why does he look like a menace in real life?  Should we jail people simply because they look a certain way  -  is that not a classic case of prejudice? 
blah blah blah

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 05:03:58 PM »
Yeah that's a ridiculous view. And strangely enough, if that was the case, then a lot of autistic people would probably end up getting locked up for looking dodgy and acting a bit weird, and hey, y'know, wasn't that virginia tech guy autistic? etc etc