Author Topic: Why did i hide amongst the fridges?  (Read 515 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
Why did i hide amongst the fridges?
« on: March 05, 2012, 04:37:49 AM »
I was in an electrical store,  and spotted someone i knew from school.  Now this person was not my best mate or anything like that, but i never had words with them either.  For some reason i hid.   I don't know why?

I have thought long and hard about this.  I have no reason (real) to avoid them so i reckon it must be something 'subconsciously'

I have done it before in an almost identical situation.  Anyone else?
blah blah blah

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Why did i hide amongst the fridges?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 04:49:12 AM »
Yup.  :-[

I hated school and to be honest that kid I was either. Sure he was the me I needed to be to become the me I am now. A me i quite like and so in that respect i am at peace with that kid and that life. That doesn't mean I want to wade back through those closed chapters in my life. I got through them and they are over and of no worth to me.

Meeting a person from that time in my life would give rise to sharing a commonality not with me and my self as i am now but me and my life back then. Fuck that.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 04:51:25 AM »
Because they're cool and trendy with all their gadgets like ice cube dispensers, dual doors, fruit storage and neat metallic finish on some models...

Oh, this thread is not as literal as intended, shit.

But in seriousness, I do it most of the time, I tend to shy away from people hoping they don't even notice me.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 04:54:53 AM »
hmmmmm

Perhaps deep down,  i just don't feel good enough!

On a lighter note,  some of those big american style fridges with all their dispensary whatnot's do make
a good place to linger, undetected.
blah blah blah

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 04:56:30 AM »
Another thing is I can not handle big changes or surprises. Fucked if I want to have someone say "Hey...I know you! How have you been. Haha...remember Mr Bloggs and science and that time when..."
"No fuckhead...I remember fuck all from school and I am happier for it. I am 41 years old why do I want to remember some meaningless shit that happen in the class of someone who is probably retired or dead now and that has made some everlasting impression on you and your meaningless life? Who the fuck are you and why the fuck should i care?"

Better to hide in a fridge
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 04:59:10 AM »
In my case, I'm just not interested in engaging meaningless social banter and sound like some tosser because I have little to say that's interesting on a trivial level. I don't keep tabs on most trends like fashion, music, popular culture, whatever unless my internet surfing comes across it and I don't live that remarkable of a life to boast much.

TL;DR: I feel like an idiot no matter how I socialize.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 05:00:23 AM »
I think the 'surprise' element may have been a contributing factor.

One thing i am sure of,  it has disturbed me.  My reaction, anyway.

I want to be 'running freely' between the fridges and the microwaves, and not some cowering lily-livered fuckwit.

Strange. :dunno:
blah blah blah

P7PSP

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 07:43:53 AM »
I think the 'surprise' element may have been a contributing factor.

One thing i am sure of,  it has disturbed me.  My reaction, anyway.

I want to be 'running freely' between the fridges and the microwaves, and not some cowering lily-livered fuckwit.

Strange. :dunno:
You are a free range lime squeezing dog trainer bodie. We all know the Beach Boys "Be True to your School" to be bollocks.

Also a philosopher once said
Another thing is I can not handle big changes or surprises. Fucked if I want to have someone say "Hey...I know you! How have you been. Haha...remember Mr Bloggs and science and that time when..."
"No fuckhead...I remember fuck all from school and I am happier for it. I am 41 years old why do I want to remember some meaningless shit that happen in the class of someone who is probably retired or dead now and that has made some everlasting impression on you and your meaningless life? Who the fuck are you and why the fuck should i care?"

Better to hide in a fridge

I can't recall who.  :apondering:

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 08:05:27 AM »
 :agreed:
I am.  I should start wearing white instead of black.  It will be good camouflage as i cower,  forever,  cloaked in rows and rows of britains 'white goods'.

I know my place.  I am 'Queen of Household Appliances'   :hahaha:
blah blah blah

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 08:14:16 AM »
All the time, I live in stealth mode. :ninja:

If I ever got my pick at a super-power I'd want invisibility.  :thumbup:

Most of the time I just don't want to talk, I really suck at chit-chat. You run into the ones that will flag you down and want meet up later or in my case, they want me to fix their computer/vacuum/random thing they fucked up...and I'm not even mentioning the ones that will hold you up for an hour in the supermarket blocking the exit door talking about the husband/wife/kids/their recent alien abduction/etc...always when you're short on time and usually need to pee. :zombiefuck:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 06:30:55 AM »
I don't see anyone I used to go to school with. If I did, chances are I wouldn't recognise them, it would show, and then they would take that as an insult.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 06:38:31 AM »
All the time, I live in stealth mode. :ninja:

If I ever got my pick at a super-power I'd want invisibility.  :thumbup:

Most of the time I just don't want to talk, I really suck at chit-chat. You run into the ones that will flag you down and want meet up later or in my case, they want me to fix their computer/vacuum/random thing they fucked up...and I'm not even mentioning the ones that will hold you up for an hour in the supermarket blocking the exit door talking about the husband/wife/kids/their recent alien abduction/etc...always when you're short on time and usually need to pee. :zombiefuck:

You would no use invisibilit yto hide in women's showers though would you? No? Ummm...neither would I. I would not even conssider or think of such a notion.  :o

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 07:09:51 AM »
Nope definately would not use my powers of invisibility to hang out in the women's showers.....now as for the men's. >:D

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »
hmmmmm

Perhaps deep down,  i just don't feel good enough!

On a lighter note, some of those big american style fridges with all their dispensary whatnot's do make
a good place to linger, undetected.

America, fuck yeah!  :hyke:

On a heavier note  :M  I have often done the same thing, because sometimes I just want
 to do my shopping and go home, and don't feel up to having a chat at that moment.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 08:15:15 PM »
Q:  Why did I hide amongst the fridges?

A:  Because the chicken crossed the road.

(I'm sizzling folks.  It only took me 4 days to come up with that one.)
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: