Author Topic: make someone laugh, pt 2  (Read 40392 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: make someone laugh, pt 2
« Reply #1740 on: December 11, 2022, 07:48:22 AM »
 :tard:

Be careful with this one; it's disturbing ...

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1741 on: December 11, 2022, 07:50:42 AM »
 :dunno:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #1742 on: December 11, 2022, 03:51:01 PM »
:lol1:

Consider my plus to be for all of the last several posts. I needed the laughs.

:plus: :lol1: Keep them coming, indeed!! These are excellent!! I like the tornado one the best (not anything to do with my love of tornadoes, it was funny!!).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 03:55:11 PM by Fun With Matches »
:dog:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1743 on: December 11, 2022, 03:52:38 PM »
This doesn't work for me consistently, although I did get it to work once and found it intriguing and true.

Hmm, they looked the right way up for me at first glance. Does that mean anything?!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1744 on: December 13, 2022, 09:32:12 PM »
It probably does, but I can not imagine what it might mean.

There have been quite a few times where optical illusions did not work for me.
All those dots that don't exist or the converging lines that don't really converge all fool me the same as most.
Tricks of lighting on the other hand may not work for me.
I think some of that has to do with the fact that I have been a lifelong photographer and we learn to analyze light in a different way, because it is the lighting that often makes an interesting image out of something very mundane.

Finding and defining the light source, directionality, quality, spread, intensity, contrast, etc. amounts to one of our most powerful tools in imaging.

On this one illusion, I still see the one that is right side up and all the others look upside down.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 10:17:40 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1745 on: December 15, 2022, 01:03:17 AM »
I can't see those Magic Eye pictures because I have no depth perception. Other illusions though, I'm the same as everyone else.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1746 on: December 15, 2022, 11:58:03 AM »
How about those dual stereoscopic images that turn into 3D pictures after a long (relaxing?) stare.
I am different with those as well. I am one of those weirdoes who can move his eyes almost independently from each other.

You should see me do a drunken stare with one eye up or down and the other crossed, then switch back and forth.
:LOL:

When I see those stereoscopic images I can instantly go to it and see the 3D, then move back and forth keeping the focus and the 3D image while I move around. They used a lot of those while assessing my astigmatism.
Eye doc tells me that is not common.  Wish I could find a way to sell oddness for a profit.
 :dunno:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 12:01:42 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1747 on: December 15, 2022, 07:31:51 PM »
Those dual stereoscopic images are the Magic Eye pictures I was talking about. I guess Magic Eye is the brand name.

I'd love to see your drunken stare! :D I have very limited movement in my left eye so I can't do what you describe.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1748 on: December 16, 2022, 07:06:17 AM »
I used to love Magic Eye books. I had a couple of big stickers that had the same effect. One was a picture of raining cats and dogs, and they stood out when you looked at them as if looking into the distance. I used to have a huge collection of stickers.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1749 on: December 18, 2022, 05:03:24 AM »
 :apondering:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1750 on: December 18, 2022, 05:03:58 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1751 on: December 18, 2022, 05:04:59 AM »
 :autism:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1752 on: December 19, 2022, 08:03:16 AM »

"Thank God for that Holy plexyglass that protects me from the deseased person checking out my groceries. I can see clearly now as she touches EVERY fucking thing I am taking home with me, all the while talking inanely about nothing, spraying my groceries with her infected filth."

Get a grip folks. If you were going to die you probably already would have done so.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 08:06:32 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #1753 on: December 19, 2022, 03:21:34 PM »

"Thank God for that Holy plexyglass that protects me from the deseased person checking out my groceries. I can see clearly now as she touches EVERY fucking thing I am taking home with me, all the while talking inanely about nothing, spraying my groceries with her infected filth."

Get a grip folks. If you were going to die you probably already would have done so.

:lol1: Someone thinks the plexiglass is supposed to shield the customers from the long line of cashiers breathing on them all day.  :tard:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1754 on: December 23, 2022, 11:15:32 PM »
 :headhurts: