Author Topic: I call out Butterflies and Sir Les  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
I call out Butterflies and Sir Les
« on: February 10, 2012, 06:41:15 AM »
Come on folks people are sick of it.  I call out both sides Butterflies and Sir Les there are others to a lesser extent but they are the main instigators.  Butterflies you seem to love to stir up the drama whether you are at the heart of it or pushing it along from the sidelines then acting all innocent like you have been slighted in some way.  Sir Les I like you but at times you drone on treating your point like a punching bag hitting it over and over.  People get it you disagree with her, as a matter of fact I am one of them much of the time,  but your preaching to the choir most people see the drama for what it is.    It seems as soon as one of you start to let it go the other tries to reengage.      All this has lead to a rather hostile atmosphere and people leaving.  A year or two ago there was drama but it came and  went it got bad at times but was bearable.  Now it's constant and before you say just don't read the thread or stay out of it, that is becoming impossible as the malaise has spread throughout the forum infecting it completely slowly sucking what fun is left.  So when and where will it end?  When everyone leaves?  When Odeon finally gives up?    I have done my best to try and move things along to other topics and have even said some of this before but never in a call out maybe this is what  is needed.   Perhaps both sides could give it a rest and come to some sort of  mutual compromise to end this.  I feel it would go a long way to making things fun around here again.  If that can't be done bring it somewhere else  say WP  and have sockpuppet fights to the death for all I care just not here.

:CanofWorms:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: I call out Butterflies and Sir Les
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 07:02:17 AM »
Parts you are absolutely right in all you say.
The reason I left was the apathy that I saw here, to this kind on blatant shit-stirring and bullshit accusations and constant demaing of the integrity and values of the site.
Why did I come back? A member here in Pm said something about sticking up for the forum and its values because they liked the forum and its people and the values it had. that it was worth something. I shrugged my shoulders and thought "So what, not my concern"
but it bugged me. I felt irresponsible and a little cowardly. Two or three days later I came back.
People are leaving and maybe that was the objective of those seeking to undermine the forum. I really don't know.
I think this subtle bullshit and stupid little gameplaying ought to stop.
You are certainly right about me too. I know this. It is and has always been my way of dealing with things.
I see it as honest and fair as it is a pain in the arse.
Solution? Not the reaction but the cause.
Those seeking this bullshit ought to stop it.
this site is what members make it and many have said it. A place for people to back claims. foster a combatative spirit? talk without undue censorship? Share? Bond? All of that. Try to fuck the forum over, shit in the living room and piss in the water cooler, and laugh at the prank? Not so much.
It is not a big ask to ask of members taht while they are here to show a respect for the forum as a whole and its members.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 07:39:23 AM »
Solution?
Here is mine EVERYBODY take a step back and think about what they want this place to be and what they liked about it in the past and try to move beyond the petty needless shit stirring.

I would like to see a fun place for adults to post and blow off stream without moderation where people may not agree but have enough respect or at least  restraint for it not to descend into the nastiness that has become the norm lately. Drama sure there will be some it's unavoidable but it should not the be all end all of the site dominating everything else or getting to the personal level it gets to now.  This could be a great place a fun place

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 07:45:24 AM »
Solution?
Here is mine EVERYBODY take a step back and think about what they want this place to be and what they liked about it in the past and try to move beyond the petty needless shit stirring.

I would like to see a fun place for adults to post and blow off stream without moderation where people may not agree but have enough respect or at least  restraint for it not to descend into the nastiness that has become the norm lately. Drama sure there will be some it's unavoidable but it should not the be all end all of the site dominating everything else or getting to the personal level it gets to now.  This could be a great place a fun place

Agreed again
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 11:16:59 AM »
Now we just need the other side to come to the table and see what they think.  Does it go to the other board below now I have not done this call out bit that much?

George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 01:32:26 PM »
I agree with Parts. I think the drama between me and Les is destroying what was once a great site.

I too think the question is, what do we do about it. A truce seems like the best solution, but that can be too easily broken by one side claiming to "innocently call the other on their behaviour," or whatever.

For instance, I could agree a truce with Les, but then wait for him to say anything I disapprove of, and start "attacking his point of view," rather that attacking Les. This would very quickly restart the whole drama over again.

For a truce to work, I think me and Les have to stay out of each others face, long term. I would prefer not to interact with Les at all, but Les would have to stop writing essays about me. I would be happy to avoid making digs about Les.

I think both of us have done enough damage to this site, and we should put the site, and the other users of the site, before our petty grudges.

Offline Émile Armand

• BC sockpuppet
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 04:13:37 PM »
Butterflies you seem to love to stir up the drama whether you are at the heart of it or pushing it along from the sidelines then acting all innocent like you have been slighted in some way.  Sir Les I like you but at times you drone on treating your point like a punching bag hitting it over and over. 

Why do you put more of the blame on Butterflies rather than Sir Les? In my opinion, both should be equally to blame.
I don't have a life so I like to come here and try my best trolling you all. I'm not that clever so I'm now banned. Again. Odeon wrote this after pwning my sorry arse. I'm now back at Spasticity, trying to make it look like my mission here was a success.

I cry a lot.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 04:22:05 PM »
Butterflies you seem to love to stir up the drama whether you are at the heart of it or pushing it along from the sidelines then acting all innocent like you have been slighted in some way.  Sir Les I like you but at times you drone on treating your point like a punching bag hitting it over and over. 

Why do you put more of the blame on Butterflies rather than Sir Les? In my opinion, both should be equally to blame.

STFU off to the peanut gallery with you

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Émile Armand

• BC sockpuppet
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 07:44:45 PM »
Right, good answer.  ::)

I don't have a life so I like to come here and try my best trolling you all. I'm not that clever so I'm now banned. Again. Odeon wrote this after pwning my sorry arse. I'm now back at Spasticity, trying to make it look like my mission here was a success.

I cry a lot.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 07:46:24 PM »
parts how come you didn't reply to butterwutterflutterbies?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 07:52:14 PM »

The perfect answer.  The only parties that should be in the callout are the caller and callee.  All other members should post in the peanut gallery.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

eris

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 07:58:49 PM »

The perfect answer.  The only parties that should be in the callout are the caller and callee.  All other members should post in the peanut gallery.

and you and I. and Adam. and Emile.

Offline Émile Armand

• BC sockpuppet
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 08:03:37 PM »

Too many rules on this 'freedom of expression' site. What is your excuse?

I cry a lot.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 08:04:07 PM »
I thought the callout had ended?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 08:12:52 PM »
I thought the callout had ended?

I'm not sure. I imagine Parts would want to see if me and Les are prepared to come to a truce.