Educational

Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 61067 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #2880 on: January 06, 2019, 09:21:09 AM »
Continue clearing the house.

Honestly folks, it's not that bad. It's just that I only have the emotional stamina and concentration to do it for 30 minutes at a time.  But I managed to do 60 minutes today.  If I can do 90 minutes tomorrow the living and dining rooms should be cleared enough to bring in the stuff in the storage unit.

I know, I know.  But I've been paying since 2003 and I need to get the stuff out.
You don't quite realize how much it weighs on your mind until you've got the unit emptied. It's a relief and a bit of money saved.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2881 on: January 06, 2019, 09:45:08 AM »
Continue clearing the house.

Honestly folks, it's not that bad. It's just that I only have the emotional stamina and concentration to do it for 30 minutes at a time.  But I managed to do 60 minutes today.  If I can do 90 minutes tomorrow the living and dining rooms should be cleared enough to bring in the stuff in the storage unit.

I know, I know.  But I've been paying since 2003 and I need to get the stuff out.
You don't quite realize how much it weighs on your mind until you've got the unit emptied. It's a relief and a bit of money saved.

It's now up to $120 a month.  I figure I've spent more than $16,000 storing the stuff.  Just some furniture from the family home.  Probably worth $500.  SMH
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2882 on: July 03, 2019, 07:37:52 AM »
Go home for a bit, have a few beers.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #2883 on: July 03, 2019, 02:38:42 PM »
No work tomorrow. Paid holiday.

Will enjoy the day...have ice cream at some point.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2884 on: July 04, 2019, 01:25:31 AM »
Volunteer work. I bought some thick socks to wear so hopefully my feet won't ache all afternoon.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2885 on: July 04, 2019, 06:22:48 PM »
Finish up the wall insulation on my son's house
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2886 on: July 04, 2019, 08:31:48 PM »
It's now up to $120 a month.  I figure I've spent more than $16,000 storing the stuff.  Just some furniture from the family home.  Probably worth $500.  SMH

Last time I went overseas for a stint I just gave away almost all my stuff, apart from a small amount of photos and books and keepsakes. It's liberating.

Been through paying for storage, spending way more on storing stuff than the stuff is actually worth and then finding that I don't really want most of it after all.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #2887 on: July 05, 2019, 10:51:31 AM »
If all goes well, I will pick up my little siblings and take them out to each breakfast, go on a hike, and then eat lunch.

If all goes well.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2888 on: August 14, 2019, 08:27:37 AM »
bood test. fasting blood test. this is really gonna fun
for one thing i get into a funk at the sight a needle. can take any amount of pain, as a rule, but needles? eek! and no use looking away and pretending it isn't happening because you can feel it happening can't you?
for another, i have "difficult veins" and they get all the more difficult when scared,
for a third , i can't fast for longer thasn five hours without becomiing increasing ill:  muscle cramps, brain going AWOL, seizures  etc.  Luckily, my body nearly always wakes me up after five hours sleep, so i can stuff one of those snacks that i keep next to my bed down my neck.  i'm gonna have to hide those snacks from myself tonight. aren't i?

so i'm kinda hoping that  i'll be so out of it, after ten hours fasting, i'll forget to be afraid of the needle.  bet i won't be THAT far out of it , though, i just wish.

ah, well, by tomorrow afternoon this is gonna all be in the past, dunno if i'll feel up to posting though.  experience says that i'll prolly be a zombie for the next three days after all that fasting. wish me luck !

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2889 on: August 14, 2019, 10:35:01 AM »
bood test. fasting blood test. this is really gonna fun
for one thing i get into a funk at the sight a needle. can take any amount of pain, as a rule, but needles? eek! and no use looking away and pretending it isn't happening because you can feel it happening can't you?
for another, i have "difficult veins" and they get all the more difficult when scared,
for a third , i can't fast for longer thasn five hours without becomiing increasing ill:  muscle cramps, brain going AWOL, seizures  etc.  Luckily, my body nearly always wakes me up after five hours sleep, so i can stuff one of those snacks that i keep next to my bed down my neck.  i'm gonna have to hide those snacks from myself tonight. aren't i?

so i'm kinda hoping that  i'll be so out of it, after ten hours fasting, i'll forget to be afraid of the needle.  bet i won't be THAT far out of it , though, i just wish.

ah, well, by tomorrow afternoon this is gonna all be in the past, dunno if i'll feel up to posting though.  experience says that i'll prolly be a zombie for the next three days after all that fasting. wish me luck !

Hugs
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2890 on: August 14, 2019, 05:30:56 PM »
Long weekend away with a couple of old mates. Plenty of grog. Plenty of relaxation and a few laughs. A great break from work
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2891 on: August 14, 2019, 08:00:07 PM »
Going volunteering again. A lot of people say it's work. I guess it is. It wears me out, anyway. 9 to 5 feels like a long day. The job I like best is hanging clothes then ticketing them with a price tag. It's a solitary task which is probably why I like it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2892 on: August 14, 2019, 09:07:10 PM »

I have those difficult veins as well. Hope they find one at the first try.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2893 on: August 14, 2019, 11:15:15 PM »
Work. :chores:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2894 on: August 14, 2019, 11:53:18 PM »

I have those difficult veins as well. Hope they find one at the first try.

having my morning glass of water ATM (
instead of morning coffee)
no cramps yet, just aches :)