Educational

Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 61053 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #2730 on: October 09, 2018, 04:44:56 PM »
Insulate  a Habitat house
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2731 on: October 09, 2018, 04:57:15 PM »
PirtPawg picked a peck of pickled peppers?  Naw, stick with DirtDawg.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2732 on: October 10, 2018, 06:30:30 AM »
PirtPawg picked a peck of pickled peppers?  Naw, stick with DirtDawg.

Thank you.
I decided to use the last of my pint and half pint canning jars, but my original estimate was quite close. I now have four pint and four half pint jars of pickled tabasco peppers. That is three quarts about like I estimated. Some left refrigerated, not canned I will eat over the next week or so.

I usually keep the small jars back for jellies and apple butter. I did not do apple butter this year; bought the grower's product instead. My yearly trip northward to buy blueberries, raspberries and black berries from my bro-in-law's neighbor did not happen this year (all those distracting financial concerns re-financing the house, setting up three investment accounts, paying off everything else, setting up my line of credit equity account, getting the wifey a newer car, TWICE!!  etc.  kind of preempted the trip), so I had small jars left over.

I am the only one who eats hot peppers in the family, so a smaller jar in the refrigerator causes fewer family feuds for 'fridge space over winter.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2733 on: October 10, 2018, 06:58:57 AM »
Tomorrow I plan to rip into and probably through this stack of two hundred half dollar rolls and glean for silver content. Went down into Indianapolis yesterday while things were aging in the pickling compound and now we will see if I get lucky again.
I have already started and not feeling the same love as before. I have been through twenty rolls and only found four, ninety percent silver coins, so far.

Last time I got REALLY lucky and ended up with a huge amount of silver from just one hundred rolls.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2734 on: October 10, 2018, 02:16:54 PM »

Not as much love as before, but I found an entire roll of forty percent silver in my third batch of ten rolls.
That HAD to have been a mistake.

So counting, four, ninety percent and twenty, forty percent coins, so far. About one hundred fifty rolls to go.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2735 on: October 11, 2018, 05:25:12 AM »
Go to the employment agency and talk about the effort I've made in the last fortnight to get a job.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2736 on: October 11, 2018, 06:48:55 AM »
Gone through almost one hundred rolls last night. Quite a bit better than my first impression. I will do a final count after I get through all the rolls I have.
Mostly I want to finish and get all this back to the bank tomorrow.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2737 on: October 11, 2018, 03:53:37 PM »

Needed a break from looking at half dollars for a bit. We have had a lot of rain in the past two days. My sweet peppers are almost touching the ground in places. I would loved to have left some of these a few more days to ripen more, but I had to help stand the plants up again.

Here is the result of today's salvage efforts. There is a dollar bill included for perspective.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2738 on: October 11, 2018, 09:03:53 PM »
Two hundred twenty eight, forty percent silver  (roughly $478) and one hundred four, ninety percent silver  (roughly $510). I am holding these along with the last batch until silver peaks up a bit. So I am hanging on to just over thirty six rolls of silver half dollars for a while, including last times venture.

Sixteen rolls with silver content. That is quite a bit less than my last excursion, even though I doubled the search quantity, but still over nine hundred dollars in silver for one hundred sixty dollars investment.

Oh, and three days of handling dirty, filthy coinage from all ages.

Probably going down into Indy was not so smart. Maybe I should get out into the smaller banks in the outlying counties.
 :dunno:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:07:37 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2739 on: October 11, 2018, 11:57:22 PM »
Hit some golf balls.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2740 on: October 13, 2018, 06:43:50 AM »
Hit some golf balls.

Your continuing cruelty disturbs me.
 :GA:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #2741 on: October 13, 2018, 06:46:48 AM »
Real golf is played with discs.  :M

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2742 on: October 14, 2018, 03:20:21 AM »
Hit some golf balls.

I played a full round at what's perhaps the most beautiful course in Sweden, Ringenäs GK. Astonishingly beautiful, actually.

The cruelty was mostly the fact that I abused the game rather severely.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2743 on: October 14, 2018, 03:21:08 AM »
Real golf is played with discs.  :M

There's a course being built for the purpose not far from here.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2744 on: October 14, 2018, 07:16:56 AM »
Hit some golf balls.

I played a full round at what's perhaps the most beautiful course in Sweden, Ringenäs GK. Astonishingly beautiful, actually.

The cruelty was mostly the fact that I abused the game rather severely.

:lol1:

Nice. A quick Google image search shows a really beautiful course.