Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 61055 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #2715 on: October 02, 2018, 04:12:13 PM »
Continue cleaRing the house.  CleaNing comes next.  If I have the energy I might get rid of some drek in the lawn either tonight or tomorrow.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2716 on: October 02, 2018, 07:47:46 PM »
Sort out Lego that's in a big pile on the dining area floor.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2717 on: October 02, 2018, 10:37:14 PM »
If I wake up early enough, which I may not, might have to wait until tomorrow, I'll make a doctor appt, because I'm going to need a seizure rescue pack, i've had it really, really rough, to the point I have four caps of my antiseizure med left (plus a full box of nitrazepam if I have to use it in an emergency, its there, at least), which ought to have lasted until next monday). Been really damn near impossible to control the fucking bastards, unusually so, the med would bring me out of it or stop it developing, but the moment I rested again I'd wake up in a seizure starting, both of the myoclonic type, and the ones where I end up almost totally paralyzed. It ISN'T sleep paralysis, that I'm sure of, but damn it to Hades, they aren't usually THIS fucking bad. Just one after another after another after another.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2718 on: October 03, 2018, 12:06:31 AM »
Participate in a company outing of sorts. Social activities and stuff.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2719 on: October 03, 2018, 01:41:59 AM »

Can you just pretend to break your leg or something?

I hate those things.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2720 on: October 05, 2018, 11:22:51 AM »

Can you just pretend to break your leg or something?

I hate those things.

I excused myself early and had a drink at a pub instead.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2721 on: October 05, 2018, 11:42:01 AM »

Sounds like a good way to get things done.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2722 on: October 06, 2018, 12:51:48 AM »
I always do my best coding at the pub. :P

- Albert Einstein

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2723 on: October 06, 2018, 10:54:18 PM »
Go for a walk, go to a craft group, then probably go and buy some cat food.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2724 on: October 07, 2018, 02:27:25 AM »
Catching an early plane to Stockholm for a meeting.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2725 on: October 08, 2018, 05:57:43 AM »
 An aside:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2726 on: October 08, 2018, 07:56:28 AM »
Tomorrow, I am going to pickle and eventually can all those tabasco peppers I showed earlier. What I pictured was not even a fifth of what is almost ready to pickle. That was about a third of one plant. I have three more plants to harvest. Probably get about tqo quarts of pickled tabasco peppers for the winter.

Mean time, I have another batch of salsa to put together. notice I am spiking this batch of salsa with even more of the tabasco peppers than the last batch.

Here is today's catch. These are all really hot, except for the fat looking ones. Those are either pablano or Anaheim. No really super hot, but spicy. I have to grow them separate from the sweet peppers or they will contaminate the sweet ones.
Sorry, I forgot to place a size reference in the shot, but the tabasco are about two joints of my pinky in size and the jalapenos are bigger than my thumb. The fat pablanos are the length of my palm and the Anaheim are longer than my entire hand. Those yellow Hungarian peppers are about the length of my extended hand.

A couple of onions, a bulb of garlic, handful of cilantro, various spices in micro amounts, two quarts or so of tomatoes and I am a crazy sumbitch!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 08:13:00 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2727 on: October 08, 2018, 09:52:40 AM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2728 on: October 08, 2018, 03:07:01 PM »

Not quite enough peppers for a two quart batch, so I went out and picked some more.

I included a dollar bill for a size reference this time.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2729 on: October 08, 2018, 06:03:27 PM »

I have a great deal of pepper pickling to do.

I am the only one who eats the really hot salsa, so the three quarts I have now, along with four frozen quarts I had from last month should be enough for the winter.

Probably about three more quarts from just the tabasco peppers, though. I plan to eat all the jalapenos fresh and the Anaheim and pablanos I will dry and grind.
I generally chop and freeze the sweet peppers for use in stews or stir fries.

Tomatoes are already cooked down. The okra has already been eaten. Beets are canned (twenty six quarts of pickled beets - big part of why I am running low on canning jars this year). Kale, garlic and onions will winter over and be available fresh all winter long. I have a foot of mulch over my carrots and they will be available all winter as well.
The spinach has been taken down and it will start to grow again at the first start of thaw, unless we have a really cold winter.