Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 61061 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #2700 on: September 26, 2018, 11:18:44 AM »
Work. :chores:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2701 on: September 26, 2018, 01:18:38 PM »

Same here, but more a labor of, well certainly not love. No one likes to do "yardwork,"  as opposed to actually gardening for pleasure.

I plan to get close (hardly able to finalize efforts) or maybe closer to the end of fall clean up. I have three huge shrubs that I try to keep at thirty feet tall by twenty feet wide and they have overgrown their "boundaries" this year. I have been venturing underneath and trying to figure out which limbs to clip and which one to take out, down to the ground.

So, yeah. Work.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2702 on: September 26, 2018, 09:58:37 PM »
Waiting for the first cold snap here.

We've been over-run by spiders, they're everywhere outside this year...and I've got a black snake hanging around in the lower garden by the shed.

He's no pup, SO said he looked like a good 6 footer the last time he spotted him and ran in the house. Hopefully he eats some of the mice that keep getting in the shed. :laugh:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2703 on: September 27, 2018, 12:12:15 AM »
We had probably our last cold snap last night. Not real cold though, I guess it must have been around 5 Celsius where I live.

This weekend is the Labour Day long weekend. That is traditionally when we expect the warm weather to start.

I will try to drag the kids away from their laptops and iPads and take them fishing and bushwalking (hiking).
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2704 on: September 27, 2018, 12:46:00 AM »

This week I have bought about six hundred spring flowering bulbs to help replace the many I have lost to odd weather patterns over the past couple of years.
Need to get them in the ground.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2705 on: September 27, 2018, 07:54:50 AM »

This week I have bought about six hundred spring flowering bulbs to help replace the many I have lost to odd weather patterns over the past couple of years.
That's a lot of bulbs. Would like to see them in bloom.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2706 on: September 27, 2018, 08:29:37 AM »

That represents just some that I have lost recently. I have been planting hundreds of bulbs every year for twenty plus years. I posted pics in the past.

I plan to get three hundred or so more, assuming my back holds up to this challenge. I kind of tweaked it yesterday while loading up sixteen bags of mulch. I use pine in the ground for its acidic properties. Later I usually have a "friend" who runs a commercial landscaping company come by with his crew and, in about an hour, distribute three cubic yards of his composted mulch around the yard.
I just want to get back to my former glory with regards to having the most colorful yard in the neighborhood once spring finally pops.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2707 on: September 27, 2018, 09:30:45 PM »

That represents just some that I have lost recently. I have been planting hundreds of bulbs every year for twenty plus years. I posted pics in the past.

I plan to get three hundred or so more, assuming my back holds up to this challenge. I kind of tweaked it yesterday while loading up sixteen bags of mulch. I use pine in the ground for its acidic properties. Later I usually have a "friend" who runs a commercial landscaping company come by with his crew and, in about an hour, distribute three cubic yards of his composted mulch around the yard.
I just want to get back to my former glory with regards to having the most colorful yard in the neighborhood once spring finally pops.
Cant recall ever seeing your flowers. You've been here much longer than me, so maybe before my time.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2708 on: September 28, 2018, 09:26:26 AM »
I'm planning to hit some golf balls.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2709 on: October 01, 2018, 09:01:58 AM »
Shouldn't SHE be doing her own dishes, Renster my dear?

As for me, might get it done today if I end up feeling like it. But a certain nitroalkene has been given it's first recystallization from isopropanol, and crashed with H2O (its insoluble in water, the compound in question, which shall remain nameless), has been precipitating out over several days, going from yellow powder, (its supposed to be yellow, though) to translucently yellow fine acicular, hair-thin needle like crystals, although a couple of spots of oxidation from being in solution exposed to the air have formed nevertheless. Not a major issue though, only slight discolouration due to impurity formation. But considering that was just the first recrystallization, in a series of several I'll perform on the material in question, I'll take a melting point test in a microcapillary tube, strapped to a thermometer with a rubber band and immersed in the oil filling of my Thiele tube (a glassware device for accurately measuring the melting point of a sample, a few milligrams being sealed inside a length of fine-bored glass capillary tube, the melting point being compared with known values for the material, the sharpness of the MP, or whether its a range, etc. all giving indications as to the purity of the material tested, running each sample in triplicate, and using that as a range to narrow the margin of error further still)

So a little impurity formation while it crystallized, that'll all be made to go away during successive bouts of recrystallization. Just a pet project of mine, plus another, smaller quantity of another material also needs to be recrystallized, as its discoloured somewhat in storage. Might turn it from the freebase of the second compound, a secondary amine, to a more storage-stable hydrochloride salt, and just prepare the freebase via acid-base extraction as and when I need it. That needs a couple of recrystallizations, solvent washes and the likes too.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2710 on: October 01, 2018, 06:57:41 PM »
Take the puppy to her Obedience class
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2711 on: October 01, 2018, 08:45:48 PM »
^Oooh a puppy!

@Lestat, I always do the dishes. Kayleigh cooks. She also cleans the cat litter tray, ew. So glad I don't have to do that.

Tomorrow I'll go for a walk and then perhaps look for employment.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2712 on: October 02, 2018, 12:30:52 AM »
You got another dog, my dear one? aww I'm so happy for you :) *sends big pile of well wishes*

How  old? got any pics of the new mutt yet? because you KNOW we will squeeze you for cute puppy pictures. Hell I'm not a dog person and I'm still reading my squeezing machine :autism:

(terrible joke warning)

How do you know that dogs are the NTs of the animal world, whilst cats are autistic?

Dogs need to be taken out on a leach and can't be trusted to go out on their own.

Whilst all cats, well, how many times have you seen a cat flap?  :lol1:
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2713 on: October 02, 2018, 03:26:18 PM »
Work for my brother
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2714 on: October 02, 2018, 03:39:34 PM »
I got about one hundred forty bulbs in the ground today and tomorrow I plant to continue this effort, as long as my back holds out that is.

My son helped ...