Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 61057 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #2670 on: September 14, 2018, 05:36:48 PM »

I have been very active with my fractal art lately, being retired and all - looking for ways to occupy my time. I mean I think I am mostly caught up on napping, for a bit.

Anyway, I have a few hundred fractal flames done over the summer I have yet to render as imagery (other than an identifying thumbnail for housekeeping purposes) and rendering in the higher resolutions that I like to use takes up some computer clicks.

Not really saying,  "Mmmm, Buh bye."  much but I want this to go as quickly as possible.

I will let you folks know how the chili comes out. (Stupid -  of course it will be fabulous).
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2671 on: September 14, 2018, 08:14:50 PM »
I think an abstract fractal design rendered in wood burning sounds awesome.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2672 on: September 15, 2018, 01:04:31 AM »

I think so! Thank you for your steady, continual support. I have done three now and I intend to re-do one and work on the shading more this time.
Doing a very graphic (maybe thirteen lines) horse head I made for my mom I learned some things I had not thought of until that point.

My "kit" grows!
 :thumbup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2673 on: September 15, 2018, 01:06:13 AM »
 That is about how long it takes to render forty one images at high resolution.
So many more to go!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2674 on: September 15, 2018, 01:17:40 AM »
Tomorrow? I'll have to get past today first. I might hit a few golf balls.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2675 on: September 15, 2018, 01:23:17 AM »

Ah, come on! What did they do to you?

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2676 on: September 15, 2018, 06:34:37 AM »

I think so! Thank you for your steady, continual support. I have done three now and I intend to re-do one and work on the shading more this time.
Doing a very graphic (maybe thirteen lines) horse head I made for my mom I learned some things I had not thought of until that point.

My "kit" grows!
 :thumbup:
Will you post photos of your wood burning?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2677 on: September 15, 2018, 09:01:40 AM »

No. We covered this a long time back, you and I.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2678 on: September 15, 2018, 09:35:06 AM »
Have gotten the impression server space isn't the issue it once was in the past. Also could place them online somewhere and link them, negating the server space issue all together.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2679 on: September 15, 2018, 10:43:33 AM »
What I'm going to do bears no resemblence to what I need to do
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2680 on: September 15, 2018, 12:00:08 PM »
Up at 330am to go sell at the flea market
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2681 on: September 15, 2018, 12:59:55 PM »
Not decided yet if I'll do it tomorrow, or tonight, although its getting dark now. Then again I usually work at night, I'm a night owl by nature.

But I've a large bottle of white fuming nitric acid to make and distill, starting, probably, due to the concentration of sulfuric acid I'll be using (98-99% H2SO4) it'll probably start out as red fuming nitric, a much more dangerous beast than WFNA. Red fuming nitric acid is HNO3 that contains considerable amounts of nitrogen dioxide dissolved in it, sort of the HNO3 version of oleum (oleum is the name for anhydrous sulfuric acid with the anhydride of sulfuric acid, sulfur trioxide, SO3, dissolved in the anhydrous sulfuric acid, it fumes virulently corrosive, noxious fumes, and it eats organic matter like a starving man suddenly dropped into an all-you-can-eat buffet stuffs his face and pockets and hands when the place closes. To say nothing of the way if it gets on skin it'll eat its way in, then out through the other side of you if there is a sufficient quantity, turning flesh into graphite as it viciously rips the water molecules from the structures of carbohydrate, and protein molecules; anything with a hydroxyl group present, it'll rip it off, and leave inorganic carbon behind. And it hydrates with a violently exothermic manner, hissing and spitting, getting REALLY hot, spewing a mist of fuming sulfuric acid.

Even non-oleum strong sulfuric acid, if poured on say, sugar, will rip the 'water' present as -OH groups in the molecule of sucrose away to hydrate itself, and leave nothing behind but a solid foam cast, expanded greatly in volume, soaked in strong sulfuric acid and a sulfurous. acidic stinky tang in the air. Oleum is worse, it fumes like a bitch (99% sulfuric acid doesn't fume, its pretty safe stuff to handle, oleum billows off clouds of sulfur trioxide fumes that will rip the fucking shit out of anything organic they get ahold of, including people-bits), its corrosive as hell, and presents pressure issues, that if it gets too warm, the SO3 can be driven out, increasing the pressure in a closed bottle, means it could rupture, potentially throwing oleum all over the place. Which is something I'd really, REALLY not want to be in the vicinity of when it happened. I've seen what REGULAR concentrated sulfuric (96%-99%) will to organic matter...I spilled some once after tripping up whilst going to the bog to get some water for making a solution, dropped the open bottle of concentrated H2SO4, 2 liter bottle, quite a lot of it splashed out, and I had to pick it up, sulfuric acid on it or no sulfuric acid on it, and set it upright, before washing my hands FAST, and the floor, the toilet seat are both still charred, where the acid hit, it turned the lino flooring and the wooden bog seat to ashes where it hit, and the area that was sanded down, its still stained brown from where the sulfuric hit,  the stains on the lino and the shitter-seat will be there for as long as the floor and shitter are there.

Red fuming HNO3 is similar, it fumes like crazy, nasty, highly toxic, brown NO2 fumes, corrosive as all fuck, and one of the worst things about it, is that it keeps evolving more NOx gases, which build up pressure and require regular venting of the bottle, otherwise the pressure will build up until the bottle explodes, showering everything in the vicinity with the nitric acid version of oleum. I only make red fuming nitric if I NEED red fuming nitric, and I make what I need, when I need it and no more. Unless I am immediately going to remove the NOx gases dissolved in it, to make white fuming nitric acid.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2682 on: September 16, 2018, 01:50:32 AM »

Ah, come on! What did they do to you?

Who?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2683 on: September 16, 2018, 06:01:29 AM »
Well, it'll be today that I'll be preparing and distilling my fuming nitric acid.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2684 on: September 16, 2018, 12:35:19 PM »

Kind of jealous. I have been to the Chicago show twice, but not in twelve years. I know, everything has changed in twelve years, but that is why I NEED TO GO, again.
Have fun and take some pics!

I did take some pics. Too high-res, so I'll need to shrink them to post them here.

- Albert Einstein