Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 61057 times)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #2655 on: June 04, 2018, 02:38:01 PM »
work from 9 till 5

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2656 on: June 04, 2018, 09:30:01 PM »
See if the weather is good enough to go for a walk in the morning.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2657 on: September 10, 2018, 02:36:49 AM »
Get ready and then go to an award night at Curtin Uni. The Governor of Western Australia is going to be there so I'll probably have to meet him. I'm getting another certificate for the ISTQB course I did.

I'm happy with the certificate I got in the mail and also happy not to go to the uni but I kind of said I would so now I have to go. Kayleigh is coming with me so that does make me feel better.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2658 on: September 10, 2018, 06:58:50 AM »
+1^

Well done my dear Renster :) give yourself a pat on the back for me, you deserve it for the effort put in. And thats factoring in that part of what I just went ti the shop for was pizza, and they were 2-packs of pizzas, so thats 4 congratulatory squeezes you should be putting in on my behalf. And +1 just because its you and you deserve it for those cute as hell deadpan stare eyes
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2659 on: September 10, 2018, 10:05:25 PM »
Thanks Lestat, enjoy your pizza. :pizza:
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2660 on: September 11, 2018, 12:30:03 AM »
TY  ren. I will indeed. I think I'll go put a couple of pizzas on to cook whilst I whip up a little mini-batch of concentrated nitric acid in the garden in a cute little 25ml mini-scale lab beaker to test something on a gram scale or so at first (specifically, what concentrations of nitric acid work best, for preparing cupric nitrate using HNO3 and Cu as fine metallic copper dust. Time to go get the gas mask, put the oven on and grab a couple of salts and acids :)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2661 on: September 13, 2018, 05:44:56 AM »
Have an appointment with a job agency to get registered. Have to take evidence of my diagnoses. I thought I had to last time but they weren't looked at.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2662 on: September 13, 2018, 04:20:52 PM »
Have an appointment with a job agency to get registered. Have to take evidence of my diagnoses. I thought I had to last time but they weren't looked at.
Good luck.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2663 on: September 13, 2018, 04:31:54 PM »
Good luck.

Ditto from me, Renaeden!!

... or since a job interview is a kind of acting performance, maybe I should say, "Break a leg!" 

Go GET it!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2664 on: September 13, 2018, 04:38:28 PM »

My son did an third interview with an outfit specializing in helping out with those more affected with various challenges just last week. At least they are still looking at him.

He also has a job interview on Monday with a big clothing chain (close by, only a mile away and not really hard work) which might help him get through the winter if he gains employment there.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2665 on: September 13, 2018, 04:48:07 PM »
As for my part, I have been collecting and smoothing out old wood planks for my old, re-kindled interest in an old hobby. I used to burn wood with imagery like old west themes, flowers or fantasy creatures. I know, not much overlap there, but it is the wood burning that is the "art"  and I have recently done a few different things and found it just as engaging as it was much earlier.
I enjoy it!!

I took an image from my fractal art and tried to burn one and everyone I show it to thinks it is amazing, but I think it sucks, but I am not quite ready to give up just yet. Absolutely everyone doing wood burning seems to follow some theme or other, but I have not seen anyone do just plain abstract imagery for depth's and shadow's and light's and mystery's sake.

Does EVERYTHING have to be a picture of something recognizable?!!!?

« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 04:51:28 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2666 on: September 13, 2018, 04:49:53 PM »
Probably wouldn't know how to behave in an interview. Will soon begin my third position as an adult, but all three times have been sought out, so they basically pitched themselves to me. Most recent interview, we both cried a little. It was weird. :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2667 on: September 14, 2018, 11:16:07 AM »
Going to a HiFi audio trade show. Should be fun.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2668 on: September 14, 2018, 11:30:04 AM »

Kind of jealous. I have been to the Chicago show twice, but not in twelve years. I know, everything has changed in twelve years, but that is why I NEED TO GO, again.
Have fun and take some pics!

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2669 on: September 14, 2018, 03:06:12 PM »
I missed out on shopping with all the traveling, so I think I'm going to hoard a bunch of stuff.  :zoinks:
:gopher: