Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 61062 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #2400 on: May 19, 2017, 06:11:01 AM »
Go and buy a shitload of cat food from City Farmers.
Visit my sister. She has a present for me for my birthday even though it was ages ago.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2401 on: May 19, 2017, 11:36:43 AM »
Set some junk out for the road fest tomorrow. Thought about it today, but it rained like hell earlier.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2402 on: May 19, 2017, 02:27:59 PM »
Have another pitching and cleaning fit
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2403 on: May 20, 2017, 06:01:33 PM »
Same :)
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2404 on: May 20, 2017, 10:06:01 PM »
Same :)

Oops.  Did a lot of errands and shopping instead.  Tomorrow I'm planning on tackling the kitchen, a grocery quick trip (eggs are on sale Sunday only) and take The PR bowling.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2405 on: May 21, 2017, 05:17:02 AM »
Work. :chores: Cook some dinner.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2406 on: May 21, 2017, 08:53:59 AM »
Wash all the floors. Doesn't make sense to do it today since it's rainy and muddy paw prints everywhere. I keep trying to wipe them up but 8 paws, all of which are huge, makes for a lot of work and I seem to keep missing them.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2407 on: May 21, 2017, 10:59:16 AM »
Mail a document
Do some things on my to do list
Wash some clothes

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2408 on: May 21, 2017, 02:57:21 PM »
Mail a document
Do some things on my to do list
Wash some clothes

Yes, to all of that.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2409 on: May 21, 2017, 03:03:54 PM »
My to do list contains over 300 individual items.  It's REALLY, REALLY detailed.  (Do I sound like a president?)  For example clean left counter, clean center counter, clean right counter, etc.  It may seem counter productive and daunting to have so many "to dos", but if I have to stop after finishing part of the counters at least I can check off one or two tasks.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2410 on: May 21, 2017, 03:14:58 PM »
Possibly build that ketene lamp if I don't do it tonight.

I get paid tomorrow, need to pay rent, buy food because there is next to nothing left. Two pot noodles, one of which is likely to go in the bin since its been near certain nasty things, such as HgCl2 and Hg (II) sulfate. Not to mention a bunch of triethylenetetramine acetate, that I'd not want to eat, copper (II) chloride, nickel salts and other stuff, with the lid off. No thanks. I'd have to be a lot more desperate to eat than waiting a day for a proper meal. Well a night. And might well have gotten various metals in it in the form of ultra-fine dusts that are nigh impossible to see with the naked eye in small quantities. Nickel included, which is fairly toxic, although not nearly as bad as the divalent mercury salts.

Sod eating that right off. I'll have the other one though since its sealed still.
Unless someone snags it before tomorrow, then buy a pair of power supplies going for 20 quid each, one of them a 1 kilowatt supply.

Put some money aside for buying a second-hand fourier-transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometer. About 8 grand currently on lab X.Thats within my price range with a lot of saving. Already wanted to build one, might try that first and buy the power supplies plus a beasty vacuum pump, since I want one that can go down to a fraction of a 1 Torr and some roughing pumps to kickstart it. A dewar is on the list too, for storing liquid helium or liquid nitrogen. The additional vac pumps are because I want at least one spare, and better  than the pump I have now, which will go down to something like -25 inches Hg. Want a new manometer, one that I can interface with a vacuum manifold for the glassware and not just use as part of a vacuum chamber system (DIY'ed, the pump may actually be capable of better, just a rotary vane type that I have. I'd like something capable of pumping down a vacuum chamber to the sort of hard, hard vacuum that a mercury diffusion pump after a turbomolecular pump, kickstarted by liquid nitrogen trap line-cooled rotary vane types in series or other, better pump designs.

http://www.labx.com/item/bruker-9-4t-ft-icr-small-molecule-mass-spec-system/3875391 Going to submit a query to the seller of this too, ask him if he might save it whilst I save for it, even if I need to pay extra, because I have wanted a FT-ICR MS or FT-IR MS-MS for ages. Although it isn't impossible I could build the hardware, the software side, the driver coding for interfacing to a computer are something else entirely, I'm no computer programmer, bar some knowledge of MS-DOS batch language (to about the extent I can write selfreplicating viral code in it with errorchecking for prior infection although its been a long time since I have actually coded a worm in it. School days, I let a few loose that raised hell. Including one designed to spread then wipe out the contents of the hard drive without warning with a delay. That was amusing as hell although I kinda ended up breaking one of the care staff's fingers over that (she made it her own fault really putting them somewhere she shouldn't have, if she  had half a brain.

But coding the drivers for an ion cyclotron resonance mass spec...I could see how it would have to work, but I don't have the familiarity with low level assembly languages or 0x86 machine opcodes, the voltage induction and decay detection I could likely learn, but the output and doing the fourier transform on the input signal from an oscilloscope is another matter (data is created by the increase of charged particles orbit radius in a penning trap, a kind of magnetic bottle, and RF acceleration, to a higher cyclotron resonance frequency and wider orbit, which would cause the fragments of molecular ions to orbit at a wider radius and the charge on them as they then pass a pair of electrodes and its subsequent decay gives data as a superposition of unique sine waveform patterns that are subjected to fourier transform to yield the mass spectrum of the analyte/s.

Need a big block of cast iron or stainless steel (better for my needs) plus a steel bar I can thread for more lab supports for my clamps, preferably a few, plus some Al blocks for a PCR thermocycler.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2411 on: May 22, 2017, 02:53:48 AM »
My to do list contains over 300 individual items.  It's REALLY, REALLY detailed.  (Do I sound like a president?)  For example clean left counter, clean center counter, clean right counter, etc.  It may seem counter productive and daunting to have so many "to dos", but if I have to stop after finishing part of the counters at least I can check off one or two tasks.

On days that I can't get myself going I make very details lists too. Washing in the machine, hang clean laundry, fold dry laundry, etc.

Have never had 300 things on my to do list for a day. Maybe I should make myself a more long term to do list like that. Looks like a smart move. Now there is stuff I keep postponing till the end of time.
I do always have room on my to do list for the sidetracked moments. When I  do things that are not on my list, but needed doing and distracted me just did them in stead of other things. I write them down and tick them off. That means I do get credits for the things I did that weren't on my original list. Somehow that is motivating for me.

So sometimes I get credits for being distracted.  :asthing: .
Alas, I don't get credits for making this post when I should be doing the last bit of my dishes.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2412 on: May 22, 2017, 03:04:25 AM »
Go to college and work on a long IT sustainability assignment.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2413 on: May 22, 2017, 05:55:42 AM »

On days that I can't get myself going I make very details lists too. Washing in the machine, hang clean laundry, fold dry laundry, etc.

Have never had 300 things on my to do list for a day. Maybe I should make myself a more long term to do list like that. Looks like a smart move. Now there is stuff I keep postponing till the end of time.
I do always have room on my to do list for the sidetracked moments. When I  do things that are not on my list, but needed doing and distracted me just did them in stead of other things. I write them down and tick them off. That means I do get credits for the things I did that weren't on my original list. Somehow that is motivating for me.

So sometimes I get credits for being distracted.  :asthing: .
Alas, I don't get credits for making this post when I should be doing the last bit of my dishes.
I do the same :)
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2414 on: June 09, 2017, 08:51:57 PM »
Go to tag sales
Yard work