Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 61057 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #2085 on: August 20, 2016, 02:22:43 AM »
Going to a Jaguar meetup. Car nerds admiring each other's Jags.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2086 on: August 20, 2016, 04:29:38 PM »
Put the new tires on the trailer
Bring more stuff to my sons house
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2087 on: August 20, 2016, 05:53:17 PM »
  Tomorrow I will do the laundry I should have done today.   :-[ :kapkao: Yeah, I fucked up!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2088 on: August 20, 2016, 05:54:50 PM »
  Tomorrow I will do the laundry I should have done today.   :-[ :kapkao: Yeah, I fucked up!

Which reminds me ...  :zoinks:

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2089 on: August 20, 2016, 08:12:37 PM »
Lots of cuddles for The PR.  (Story to follow on Monday)

Ignore things around the house
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2090 on: August 21, 2016, 01:06:58 AM »
I hope shes alright.

I'll be picking up a prescription, and for the rest of the day I will be  :heisenberg:-ing
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2091 on: August 21, 2016, 01:33:00 AM »
:chores:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2092 on: August 21, 2016, 02:00:44 AM »
No rest for the wicked.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2093 on: August 21, 2016, 05:40:46 AM »
  Tomorrow it's back to work with my friends.  Boss is away.  8)

People forget.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2094 on: August 21, 2016, 05:47:02 AM »
I will be going to college - have Networking first. Then I am going to go to the front office to see if I can go from full-time to part time. I can't handle some of the classes at the moment, I need to have more knowledge before I continue with them. They are Networking, Databases and Excel. I can't keep up in those classes. I have been so stressed out about them that my face has just volcanoed with pimples.

My mum rang me earlier today and knew straight away that I was stressed and urged me to go part time if I can.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2095 on: August 21, 2016, 03:47:43 PM »
Work & feed the family.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2096 on: August 22, 2016, 09:16:30 PM »

Today was The PR's first day at the ARC Community Center.  Not a  major failure, but far from a resounding success.  We arrived and I sat with her waiting for the director to come in (she has some serious medical issues and was running late, no big problem).  The PR looked at a magazine she brought, then asked if she could walk around.  She did, quite slowly and sedately.  She came back and said, "I've got a friend."  Grabbed her stuff and went to the back. 

After I talked to the director I went to say good-bye.  The PR was sitting with 3 other clients, having a nice time.

When I went to pick her up, she asked if she HAD to go back there.  Someone stole a charger, someone picks up trash. and it has "Freaks."   She went with some others in the van and drove around the Superdome, why I don't know.  I let things ride until after dinner when we had a gentle talk.  She's going back tomorrow, so we'll take it day by day.

She definitely needs cuddles, hugs and encouragement.  Some of her problem is that most of the clients are more severely delayed than she is.  But, it is what it is and she's going to have to make the best of it.  Mean Mommy, I know, but that's just a part of life.  She can't stay home on the computer all day long.  She must have some outside interests.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2097 on: August 23, 2016, 07:51:26 AM »
Insurance audit  :zombiefuck:  shouldn't be that bad but they are always a nerve-racking ordeal
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2098 on: August 23, 2016, 09:14:18 AM »

Today was The PR's first day at the ARC Community Center.  Not a  major failure, but far from a resounding success.  We arrived and I sat with her waiting for the director to come in (she has some serious medical issues and was running late, no big problem).  The PR looked at a magazine she brought, then asked if she could walk around.  She did, quite slowly and sedately.  She came back and said, "I've got a friend."  Grabbed her stuff and went to the back. 

After I talked to the director I went to say good-bye.  The PR was sitting with 3 other clients, having a nice time.

When I went to pick her up, she asked if she HAD to go back there.  Someone stole a charger, someone picks up trash. and it has "Freaks."   She went with some others in the van and drove around the Superdome, why I don't know.  I let things ride until after dinner when we had a gentle talk.  She's going back tomorrow, so we'll take it day by day.

She definitely needs cuddles, hugs and encouragement.  Some of her problem is that most of the clients are more severely delayed than she is.  But, it is what it is and she's going to have to make the best of it.  Mean Mommy, I know, but that's just a part of life.  She can't stay home on the computer all day long.  She must have some outside interests.

I really wasn't motivated this morning and didn't take her to ARC.  About 10:30 she came in and said she wanted to go because, "There's no one to talk to here."  Told her I'd take her on Thursday since we had something already planned/scheduled for Wednesday.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2099 on: August 24, 2016, 11:30:36 AM »
Didn't take her to the ARC because of your amotivation? I am somewhat unsure whether to :) or :(. That would entirely depend on whether she wanted to be there or not.

And as for sitting on the computer and being in the house all day, why not say, encourage her to go for hikes in the woods, or if there are none within either walking distance or affordably priced public transport distance then there must be at least some little nature spots, parks or something along those lines around.

And failing that, introduce her to I2:) And if she doesn't already have an account, get her to download skype, I'll give her my skype address if she wants someone she can talk with, just have her PM me, or PM me yourself, because I'll only give my skype out in private msg, not post it for anyone and everyone on the publicly viewable forum. If I did then any piece of shit with ill intent could misuse it, give it out to people I don't give permission for it to be given to, and I REALLY, REALLY do NOT want my skype address indexed by those g0 ogle bastardlyshytes.

But her royal PR-ness is perfectly welcome to have it (as are you, QV, if you want it.

And if the PR DOESN'T want outside interests, that is to say, if she has been afforded the opportunity, tried it and she no likeee then whats wrong with being a computer geek?

There are plenty of hackish types, of all manner of hat colors from white as the driven snow through the various shades of grey right through to blacker than a kitten-microwaving, little-old-lady-mugging, babystomping former Waffen SS Auschwitz-guard sadomasochistic necro-paedophile's shrivelled-up vestigial cardiovascular system fluid recirculation pump.

The PR sounds like she's a good egg, so I am more than happy to offer some company. Does she have an account here? if so then if she doesn't want me to, after PMing me for my skype I won't reveal her handle publicly (or privately even) to anyone unless at her direct request or after seeking and being given her permission. If she has no account, she should make one, if she doesn't want to then you can pass on my skype name to her via PMing.

I don't know quite what I am going to do tomorrow. Something in the lab probably. Although I might decide also to take a walk up a little wooded path near my place and see what kinds of fungi I may find; either those for eating, unusual ones for me to take home and slip some spore-print slides and tissue samples on the microscope stage under the oil-immersion lens. Plus, best of all, I know several stands of wild ryegrasses and other grass species which play host to Claviceps spp., mostly Claviceps purpurea.