Educational

Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 61069 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #1785 on: November 08, 2015, 12:26:10 AM »
Going to work. It's my first time in the office in three weeks.

And I'm probably going to have a stroll around central London with my daughter--she is joining me, this time around. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1786 on: November 08, 2015, 03:57:27 AM »
Going to the gym - that is if my feet don't still hurt.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1787 on: November 08, 2015, 05:25:35 AM »
Its that time of the year again where the flea infestation occurs overnight so I will deal with that. Also, laundry, and seeing if the weather will let me get it all bloody dry this week.

There are spot on flea treatments that not only get the cat flea free, but also the environment.

I know. I managed to get one cat treated but the other won't co-operate :P. Still have to do a bit to get them out of the carpet though.
I always treat the least co-operative one first (Luna). So she does not get wound up even more by the scent of the stuff on Sirius. Sirius is not that hard, he does not like it, but is way less sensitive and defensive. So even doing him second makes him easier than Luna is as the first victim of treatment.

When I had them the first few years, the lady I got them from would drop by deflea-ing them. She got the stuff in discount volumes. Cats would run away from her every time they saw her.
 :LOL:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1788 on: November 08, 2015, 09:10:25 AM »
Now I wanted to ask "what pills?" But the post is gone.  :bigcry:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #1789 on: November 08, 2015, 09:12:30 AM »
The pills are the best. They're expensive but the vet is nice to allow a prescription for twice the weight so the pills can be cut in half, which accommodated two pets when there were two pets; now they last twice as long with one pet.

:laugh: Comfortis. Can only get it from vets here.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1790 on: November 08, 2015, 09:33:44 AM »
The pills are the best. They're expensive but the vet is nice to allow a prescription for twice the weight so the pills can be cut in half, which accommodated two pets when there were two pets; now they last twice as long with one pet.

:laugh: Comfortis. Can only get it from vets here.

I use Stronghold, so far the best spot on treatment I found. It also makes dust coming from the cats toxic for the hatched eggs. So, after 30 minutes there is not a flea alive on the cat, and after a few days I don't find a flea in my house any more. (After treating cats, you are advised not to vacuum the places the pets like to sleep for a few days) Also only available on vet prescription.
It also kills ear mites , skin mites, and most of the common worms with exception of the tape worm.
Somehow these cats of mine have not had tapeworms since they live with me. Maybe because I was fast enough with flea treatment every time.

If this treatment ever will start to fail me, I'll go and inform after those pills you use.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1791 on: November 09, 2015, 05:37:52 AM »
I can only seem to get Comfortis for dogs but not cats here. I usually use Revolution for the cats. Apparently other ones like Frontline don't work in hot humid climates, yet it's the only one most places sell.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1792 on: November 09, 2015, 05:49:04 AM »
I can only seem to get Comfortis for dogs but not cats here. I usually use Revolution for the cats. Apparently other ones like Frontline don't work in hot humid climates, yet it's the only one most places sell.

Frontline worked fine here, fifteen years ago. Apparently the fleas adapted.

Looks like Revolution and Stronghold are different names for the same stuff.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1793 on: November 09, 2015, 12:57:49 PM »

I buy the large vials of Advantage and meter the doses by syringe according to weight here. Had a friend that ran a rescue that told me how to do it.

Afraid to go with anything stronger, my female is a sensitive, special little snowflake that can inflict great bodily harm if you're not quick about it.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1794 on: November 09, 2015, 01:05:10 PM »

I buy the large vials of Advantage and meter the doses by syringe according to weight here. Had a friend that ran a rescue that told me how to do it.

Afraid to go with anything stronger, my female is a sensitive, special little snowflake that can inflict great bodily harm if you're not quick about it.

Do you buy in bulk and if you do is it hard to find?  We use the packets on the dog but not the cats they get flea baths every couple weeks
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1795 on: November 09, 2015, 01:05:27 PM »
Have an easy day blowing insulation into an attic for Habitat For Humanity.  They are some of the nicest people to work for as long as there aren't too many volunteers around to get in the way
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1796 on: November 09, 2015, 01:58:53 PM »

The lady I had my cats from could buy large vials, because she ran a small cat rescue. She would go round people in the neighbourhood who had taken in some of her rescued critters to treat them against fleas. Now she is not allowed to buy the stuff in bulk any more, due to more strict regulations.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1797 on: November 09, 2015, 02:43:25 PM »

Do you buy in bulk and if you do is it hard to find?  We use the packets on the dog but not the cats they get flea baths every couple weeks
I was told about this years ago, when the kid was little he would sneak the neighbors cats in (they had close to 10 of them), and they could never afford to treat them, I was going broke buying flea treatment for their cats, but I had deep shag carpet, and it was better than bombing the house all the time.

This basically explains it:
http://www.lisaviolet.com/cathouse/advantage.html

Just read carefully if you go this route. It only works with the original Advantage and Advantage II that I know of, you can compare the large dog formula with the cat in the store it's the same.

I even have one of the older product inserts which still gives the dosage for both cats and dogs on it.

Both mine are over 9lbs but I only dose at .4mL at the worst of the flea season, neither one goes outside, but my MIL's house is infested normally every year and she won't use the stuff...if I don't I end up with them from the hitchhikers brought down by the SO. The max is .8mL for 9lbs and up.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1798 on: November 18, 2015, 01:36:48 AM »
Work.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1799 on: November 18, 2015, 02:37:34 AM »
work