Author Topic: Transgender Girl Scout  (Read 235 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Transgender Girl Scout
« on: February 03, 2012, 08:13:16 PM »
Three Girl Scout troops in Louisiana won't be hawking Thin Mints this year. They've disbanded in protest after the Girl Scouts of Colorado accepted seven-year-old transgender child Bobby Montoya as a member. Montoya was born a boy but has considered herself a girl since she was two years old, says her mom Felisha Archuleta. In October, Archuleta took her daughter to speak with a Denver troop leader about signing up, and took her daughter away crying after the Scout leader referred to the child as "it" and said "Everyone will know he's a boy." Three weeks later, the statewide Girl Scouts body issued a statement saying, "If a child identifies as a girl and the child's family presents her as a girl, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her as a Girl Scout." When they heard about this reversal, three moms and troop leaders in St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana decided to dissolve their troops and leave Girl Scouts.
Link
Not sure if Adam saw this story or not but though it would be of interest.  I am pleasantly surprised at the Girl Scouts attitude in this and how accepting they are of the transgendered child mostly due to the ass backwards way the Boy Scouts are with homosexual scouts kicking them out.  I am not surprised the bible thumpers are protesting they have fits about everything
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Transgender Girl Scout
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 08:18:42 PM »
Yeah I've seen stuff about this, I am pleasantly surprised too. It's shit how they've been attacked for it though. I wonder how the kid must feel about that. not nice.

Offline Émile Armand

• BC sockpuppet
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 08:26:25 PM »
Three Girl Scout troops in Louisiana won't be hawking Thin Mints this year. They've disbanded in protest after the Girl Scouts of Colorado accepted seven-year-old transgender child Bobby Montoya as a member. Montoya was born a boy but has considered herself a girl since she was two years old, says her mom Felisha Archuleta. In October, Archuleta took her daughter to speak with a Denver troop leader about signing up, and took her daughter away crying after the Scout leader referred to the child as "it" and said "Everyone will know he's a boy." Three weeks later, the statewide Girl Scouts body issued a statement saying, "If a child identifies as a girl and the child's family presents her as a girl, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her as a Girl Scout." When they heard about this reversal, three moms and troop leaders in St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana decided to dissolve their troops and leave Girl Scouts.
Link
Not sure if Adam saw this story or not but though it would be of interest.  I am pleasantly surprised at the Girl Scouts attitude in this and how accepting they are of the transgendered child mostly due to the ass backwards way the Boy Scouts are with homosexual scouts kicking them out.  I am not surprised the bible thumpers are protesting they have fits about everything
The private club should be allowed to make their own decisions without repercussions.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:28:58 PM by Émile Armand »
I don't have a life so I like to come here and try my best trolling you all. I'm not that clever so I'm now banned. Again. Odeon wrote this after pwning my sorry arse. I'm now back at Spasticity, trying to make it look like my mission here was a success.

I cry a lot.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 09:14:48 PM »
It's cool to hear about.

A seven-year-old who can be so sure that she's trans that she can deal with all the negativity and resistance is a bit beyond my understanding though. Maybe I'm jaded by spending too much time around people who come to the understanding in their 20's or later, after a lot of angst and heartache. I know a lot of trans people are able to look back on their lives and pinpoint really early moments when they became certain of who they were, but I thought kids that young were too caught up in social expectations to actually be able to act on it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.