Educational

Author Topic: Working For A Living  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Working For A Living
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2012, 03:57:56 AM »
I hate the thought of having to get up early 5 days a week, and follow orders. All just to earn earn enough to survive, and buy a few luxuries.
The alternative isnt perfect though.
I have no sense of purpose at all. I sleep until afternoon, and just spend the day thinking of ways to ammuse myself.
Looking after my neice a couple of times a week is the only thing that gives me any real sense of purpose.
Would frying up french fries at McDonalds really give your life purpose?  I'd rather just soak up the natural high of entropy.

No, but being a doctor or something like that might.

I suppose even doing menial work would give some sense of purpose. The job itself wouldn't give me purpose, but having to get up everyday to earn money to keep myself alive would be some kind of purpose.
Don't get me wrong. I'm happy enough to live life with no real purpose. It certainly beats doing a crap job.
I suppose doing a few hours a week of charity work would probably be the best solution, but TBH, I'm too lazy to bother.

Yep, work for money is basically a chore I'm forced to do against my own will.

However, I do (in theory) enjoy helping people out for free when it comes to things I excel at. As long as it doesn't end up being like a job that compels me to wake up early every day and that hinders me from doing the things I enjoy doing. Too bad this world is all based on money for survival.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2012, 04:42:28 AM »

I suppose even doing menial work would give some sense of purpose. The job itself wouldn't give me purpose, but having to get up everyday to earn money to keep myself alive would be some kind of purpose.
Don't get me wrong. I'm happy enough to live life with no real purpose. It certainly beats doing a crap job.
I suppose doing a few hours a week of charity work would probably be the best solution, but TBH, I'm too lazy to bother.
Bah!  I hate authority figures!  I hate society!!  No work for me!

Even if I had my dream job, professional torturer, I wouldn't enjoy it if I had to punch a clock and answer to a boss.  Lemme alone, I'm trying to sadism over here!

Oh i don't know pig,  have you ever thought about being a kiddies entertainer...i think you would go down really well at kiddies parties :hahaha:
blah blah blah

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2012, 06:50:40 AM »
Wow and i do mean  WOW.  That is an amazing story.   Your daughter is very lucky.

It is good that you are pooling your qualities with the teachers,  and i think the school will benefit from your employment.  Will you be working with other kids too?

It is the opposite in my case.  I tried going 'into' school and it made him worse.  He would act up.

If i have to go to a meeting in school,  i have to be stealth like, :ninja: so he doesn't see me.  Ducking under window ledges and even going through the caretaker's house to avoid detection.

Mum's do what they have to for their kids :2thumbsup:

Thanks Bodaccea, Bucephalus and Icequeen.

I'm not really working with any other children right now.

When my daughter was in preschool, I did the ninja thing quite often too.  When I helped at the preschool, it was usually in another classroom unless the teacher's assistant in her class was sick and asked me to come in to replace her. 

I still did the ninja thing at the special school for autistic children except for a few scheduled observations there, even though I was riding the bus there with her both ways every day.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2012, 12:10:23 PM »
I hate the thought of having to get up early 5 days a week, and follow orders. All just to earn earn enough to survive, and buy a few luxuries.
The alternative isnt perfect though.
I have no sense of purpose at all. I sleep until afternoon, and just spend the day thinking of ways to ammuse myself.
Looking after my neice a couple of times a week is the only thing that gives me any real sense of purpose.
You could try something part-time. Work, volunteer work or study. That way you have something to do but you also get a decent amount of time to do things you like.

I keep meaning to go to college, or do volunary work, but due to laziness and/or social anxiety, I never get around to it.

Part-time work would be a big no for me. I could never work for someone else, to get money that I don't need. I could never take orders from someone either.
I also think it would be slightly immoral. Unemployment is high at the moment, and I think it's fair that the jobs that are available go to people who need them, rather than go to someone who is only doing it to ammuse herself.

If I was ever going to do paid work, I would only consider it if it was fun and gave me great satisfaction.

Offline Pig

• Moron!
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2012, 01:34:46 PM »

Even if I had my dream job, professional torturer, I wouldn't enjoy it if I had to punch a clock and answer to a boss.  Lemme alone, I'm trying to sadism over here!

Oh i don't know pig,  have you ever thought about being a kiddies entertainer...i think you would go down really well at kiddies parties :hahaha:
I've thought of it.  I still think of it.  Is that what you want me to do?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2012, 04:33:58 PM »

Can you juggle?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2012, 04:38:53 PM »

:dunno:  I don't mind because i don't think you are the twisted social delinquent you make out to be.   I think you have a 'nice' side.

A party of 30 or so five or six year olds would run rings around you!  I would be slightly concerned for your safety not theirs :hahaha:
blah blah blah

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2012, 04:41:02 PM »

Can you juggle?
I think he would juggle a treat,  and do some balloon modelling.  I reckon he has a bow tie that squirts water too.
blah blah blah

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2012, 04:43:27 PM »

Can you juggle?
I think he would juggle a treat,  and do some balloon modelling.  I reckon he has a bow tie that squirts water too.

Balloon animals are a must for kid's parties, IMO.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2012, 05:09:25 PM »

Can you juggle?

Balloon animals are a must for kid's parties, IMO.

Unless they pop loudly, causing much fright and many tears!   :bigcry:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"