Author Topic: terrible disaster-crisis of the mouth!!!  (Read 818 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
terrible disaster-crisis of the mouth!!!
« on: February 01, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
so I had an x-ray on my mouth yesterday and she says my left wisdom tooth is comin in sideways (fuckin retarded-ass tooth)

what I wanna know is, is it really painful getting them taken out?

do they put you to sleep and would they want me to wear a hospital gown coz they're putting me to sleep? or would it just be like going to the dentist? coz I'm not wearin some shittass hospital gown

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: terrible disaster-crisis of the mouth!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:57:49 AM »
 I was "under" for mine, but you might have them done under local anesthesia,
 most of the people I've talked to had their wisdom teeth pulled in a dentist's chair.
 I don't know what your dentist and the NHS will have to say about that, ask them.  :crossed:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:14:20 AM »
I had my two wisdom teeth pulled under general anaesthetic. But I had jaw surgery at the same time so maybe that is why. So yeah, I had to wear some shittass hospital gown, heh.

I guess it depends on if you have to go to the hospital or if it is done at the dentist's.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 09:18:45 AM »
 I don't remember much pain from mine either.  The hospital sent me home with some
 codeine, but I stopped taking it after a day because it made me jittery.  :spaz:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 09:28:38 AM »
I got some oxycontin to take for my pain but I stopped taking them after a day (same as you, cbc) because they just made me feel sick. Plus I wasn't in any real pain either. Just uncomfortable is all.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 09:37:10 AM »
It's different, I think, depending on where the tooth is. I've had one taken out using local anaesthesia only, and the op wasn't all that bad. It hurt like fuck once the meds wore off, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 11:17:14 AM »
All mine came through the gumline, one was laying on it's side.

The one on it's side was the first tooth I had pulled. It wasn't pleasant because (a) it was the first tooth EVER I had pulled, and (b) the amount of time he had to take to pull it, and (c) he was just a brutal SOB. He "should" have put me to sleep for that one, but he didn't.

The next two I made him put me to sleep for even though they were "easy pulls".

The last one I got another dentist for, and it was out before I even knew it.

I would say with it coming in sideways they should put you under. It's not bad, they run an iv usually, and the worst part is hooking that up (I have no veins  :zombiefuck:), and you start to get sleepy and then you are out, you feel nothing, they could prop you up and take disturbing videos of you to post on youtube and you would be clueless :zoinks:..... once you start to come around they normally assist you (like a drunk) into a recovery room of sorts where you can lay down, and when you feel less whoozy you are free to leave and have someone drive you home, you stay in your street clothes normally (wear something comfy, so that you can flop in bed when you get back home), no gown.

You'll have some pain for a couple of days, maybe minor swelling or bruising (I did with Mr. Wonderful pulling the first one, none with the other 3) the first day is usually the worst.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 01:28:36 PM »
My ex wasn't put under, not even when they found out they had to kind of excavate one whole side of his lower jaw, because of a growth. Under would have been better for him then though.
All the other dental surgeries he had in hospital were local anaesthetics ops.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 03:18:12 PM »
I only had 1 wisdom tooth.  The other 3 just weren't there.  That wisdom tooth was on the smallish size and was growing into the next tooth's space.  Had a local anesthesia and nitrous oxide (laughing gas).  Never felt a thing.  Might have had pain pills after, but it was 40 years ago, so I'm not sure.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 04:11:54 PM »
I have had four wisdom teeth cut out.

I was given local anaesthetic for the bottom two and twilight sedation for the top two.

I was in a dentist's office for the bottom two and in an oral surgeon's office for the top two, but for all of them, I wore my regular clothes with something over them so they wouldn't get blood on them, kind of like when you go to the regular dentist.

I got a dry socket on the bottom right wisdom tooth, which was pretty miserable.

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 04:59:33 PM »
usually they have options. like Nitrous [you may want to try and get that for fun], general anesthetic, local anesthetic is always applied regardless.

they also have IV sedation which is like general anesthetic exept for the fact your breathing on your own and your responsive the whole time. you will likely remember nothing from the time the iv enters your vein to the time the drugs wear off.

you can not eat nuts afterwords as they will get lodged in your stitches and cause infections which means you will have to go back in about half a month/a month to get that cleaned out and resewn.

i got "put out" for mine so it was painless.

i had all four teeth out at once and i could have tolerated the pain with Ibuprofen but was given oxycotin so i took those because it seemed a lot better. i than felt like shit for about a week after words i have a high pain tollerence though so you may be different.

you will not have to wear a hospital gown but wear shirt you dont mind staining because even though they use those dental napkins that go over your chest often they use a tonne of them and i wouldnt trust em to keep your shirt totally clean.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 08:12:55 PM »
I had them out including one that was sideways and one that had to be taken out in pieces.  It was unpleasant more in the having to have them so close and tugging at it  more than pain from it.  I  have a somewhat weird pain threshold though
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 08:24:58 PM »
so I had an x-ray on my mouth yesterday and she says my left wisdom tooth is comin in sideways (fuckin retarded-ass tooth)

what I wanna know is, is it really painful getting them taken out?

do they put you to sleep and would they want me to wear a hospital gown coz they're putting me to sleep? or would it just be like going to the dentist? coz I'm not wearin some shittass hospital gown

Yes apparently it is very painful afterwards and will bruise extensively but will heal fine.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Pig

• Moron!
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 09:00:19 PM »
The highest I ever got in my "life" was when they gassed me up at the dentist's office to get my wisdom teeth pulled.

Is getting high really that much fun?  I heard it makes your weenie sick.

Offline Émile Armand

• BC sockpuppet
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 10:16:22 PM »
English people are notorious for having bad teeth.
I don't have a life so I like to come here and try my best trolling you all. I'm not that clever so I'm now banned. Again. Odeon wrote this after pwning my sorry arse. I'm now back at Spasticity, trying to make it look like my mission here was a success.

I cry a lot.