Educational

Author Topic: Suicide  (Read 5488 times)

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
Re: Suicide
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2012, 06:47:01 PM »
some people really do take others suicide attempts personally

When I said the nurses in ICU hate people that try to commit suicide, I mean it. They look at it like this. They work with people all day fighting for their life. When they see someone trying to kill themselves, they think it is a slap in the face to all the people that are there for other serious illnesses.

That is fucked, I think.

I mean they were all mean to me. Very cross, did not care if i needed something. A few called me selfish. Someone brought me flowers and they threw them in the trash.

that is not a way to treat someone who is so depressed they want to die.

I think thinking suicide is selfish is selfish. Cant see past your own nose. Cant see past your own perspective.

No one kills themselves to piss other people off.

i agree. Nurses are bitches.

and i also agree no one kills themself to upset other people. but it often does. it IS a selfish act, but that is not to say it is not without its reason. it is neither good nor bad in my opinion. there are times where it acceptable. example being if someone is in great pain with a disease that is lethal to them. i would accept it. if someone is dealing with great depression i would frown apon it assuming they have not tryed to get help (if they had and still want to its another story). i have delt with my fare share of sadness and depression and i fought to get myself help no matter how hard it may have been i pushed to get help. i HAVE been suicidal before. i have spent three or four hours sitting in my room with a knife to my neck and no one even knew.

i didnt do it. simply because of my family. if i had no one i felt i needed to keep safe, and love. like my mother my sister. than i would have without a doubt cut my neck after five or ten seconds that day. but the only thing that saved me was there face flashing through my head and the constant thought in the back of my mind of "what would they do if i killed myself" i decided it was better not to see as the logical part of me figured no matter how bad i felt at that time and no matter how much i wanted to die that they would feel ten times worse were i to do it.

what im trying to say is realising it is a selfish act is what saved me.

EDIT: corrected something
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:48:41 PM by Zippo »

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Pig

• Moron!
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2012, 07:08:57 PM »
there are times where it acceptable. example being if someone is in great pain with a disease that is lethal to them. i would accept it. if someone is dealing with great depression i would frown apon it assuming they have not tryed to get help (if they had and still want to its another story).
Okay, I was more thinking of suicide as the result from a lifetime of incurable misery.

Looking at it from that perspective, suicide is a remedy to sadness.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2012, 09:49:58 PM »
I have tried it a number of times. I was just thinking of escaping my own life, not doing it to spite others. I always did worry about the mess I would leave behind though. I don't want to leave a mess for others to clean up.

One time I ended up in hospital and the nurses were not too nice to me. Made me strip naked to do an ECG and I know that wasn't necessary. To strip naked that is. I felt humiliated. Then I had to drink charcoal and I won't forget the taste of that in a hurry. Very messy stuff it is too. While I slept that night, the nurses kept waking me up on purpose. Not nicely either.

Another time I took 100 haloperidol and that didn't work, I just got cramps all over.

Another time I took heaps of Epilim and just threw up. Then I walked to hospital and they were ok to me there. They took me seriously when I said I wanted to cease to exist. To just vaporise and leave nothing behind.

You have a different sort of thinking when you are suicidal, I think. You still love your family and friends (in most cases?) but the pain of being around sort of overrides that and you just want to be gone.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2012, 10:40:19 PM »
Made me strip naked to do an ECG and I know that wasn't necessary.

is that even legal?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2012, 07:12:32 AM »
Let's see... you try to commit suicide, fail, end up in a hospital and expect nurses to respect and support your decision while trying to save your sorry arse, instead of spending that time with somebody who actually wants to live? They see people die every day. Until you've been in their shoes you can't see why they might object.

If you can't see their situation, why should they attempt to see yours? Because they work in a hospital?

I understand why some of them are angry and I fully support their right to react.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2012, 09:28:06 AM »

Until you've been in their shoes you can't see

This is exactly what I mean.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2012, 03:33:22 PM »
Let's see... you try to commit suicide, fail, end up in a hospital and expect nurses to respect and support your decision while trying to save your sorry arse, instead of spending that time with somebody who actually wants to live? They see people die every day. Until you've been in their shoes you can't see why they might object.

If you can't see their situation, why should they attempt to see yours? Because they work in a hospital?

I understand why some of them are angry and I fully support their right to react.

I guess I expect nurses to behave professionally and show compassion even though they are taking care of someone whose illness has made them believe that they and everyone they care about would be better off if they were dead.

To make renaeden strip naked so they can attach electrodes to her chest to do an ECG seems unnecessarily spiteful to me.  I have had an ECG myself before and they were able to reach under my hospital gown to do it. 

I also thought that it was spiteful for nurses to throw away the flowers a friend brought for Eris until I thought that maybe they could have been concerned that she could have eaten them if she still wanted to die, since some flowers and leaves can be toxic if consumed.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2012, 06:39:37 PM »
I do think the way eris was treated is disgusting

They should NOT have the right to react that way, and should keep their opinions to themselves if that is how they feel

and I've had an ECG but didn't need to take any clothes off. I just wore the clothes I went in wearing

If I'd been asked to take off any clothes then I would have refused

eris

« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2012, 07:30:02 PM »
I think that nurses should act professional.

Offline Pig

• Moron!
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2012, 08:47:37 PM »
I remember a part in Marilyn Manson's autobiography he wrote that after he had a drug overdose some paramedics/doctors refused him medical attention at first, because they had such a strong distaste for him as a person.   :LOL:

Kind of makes you wonder how often things like that happen...

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2012, 08:51:03 PM »

just because your suicidal does not mean you WANT to die, necisaraly. i have been though many times when i felt like killing myself simply because it was the only way out of my situation. but just because you feel like killing yourself or you attempt to kill yourself does not mean you WANT to kill yourself. though it may seem that way to others often it simply means that you just see no other way out of it and/or feel others/the world would be better off without you.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2012, 09:33:35 PM »
people who are gonna treat patients like that should not be in the job in the first place

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2012, 09:50:30 PM »
people who are gonna treat patients like that should not be in the job in the first place

agreed.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2012, 10:45:18 PM »
I believe the nurses wanted me to feel bad for doing what I did. And I did. But I was mentally ill and not thinking rationally. Even though I wanted to die, a part of me wanted help too. But not that kind of help that wasn't help, really.

I have had an ECG since for other heart related stuff and was treated with courtesy and respect. I was able to keep my shirt on too.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2012, 02:25:55 AM »

I guess I expect nurses to behave professionally and show compassion even though they are taking care of someone whose illness has made them believe that they and everyone they care about would be better off if they were dead.

To make renaeden strip naked so they can attach electrodes to her chest to do an ECG seems unnecessarily spiteful to me.  I have had an ECG myself before and they were able to reach under my hospital gown to do it. 

I also thought that it was spiteful for nurses to throw away the flowers a friend brought for Eris until I thought that maybe they could have been concerned that she could have eaten them if she still wanted to die, since some flowers and leaves can be toxic if consumed.

I agree that it was spiteful and wrong--I don't defend their actions, I defend their right to be angry.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein