Educational

Author Topic: HO-Ho-HO EVERYTHING CHRISTMAS  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: HO-Ho-HO EVERYTHING CHRISTMAS
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 02:24:30 PM »
Here's some ideas for hot cocoa flavorings.

I buy the cheap big can mix of hot cocoa.

Want one that tastes like ....

Almond joy? Put in a drop of coconut extract and almond extract

Mounds? coconut extract

French Vanilla? vanilla extract

Mint Chocolate? peppermint extract

Chocolate Raspberry? raspberry extract

And for my Graham Cracker one? - sprinkle of brown sugar, drop of honey and vanilla

Smores? add marshmallows to the above graham cracker one.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 11:29:12 PM »
Thanks.  My daughter wants new dress-up clothes and a new trampoline for Christmas, so I need to start making some dress-up clothes for her soon.
Just wondering what you have made and if you are still going!

Christmas does my head in, it always has, but one thing I like doing is wrapping presents. A couple of years ago my friend organised for us to volunteer at the shops wrapping presents for people. She dealt with the small-talk and money collecting (gold coin donation) and I wrapped the presents. I really enjoyed it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2011, 08:58:10 AM »
Thanks.  My daughter wants new dress-up clothes and a new trampoline for Christmas, so I need to start making some dress-up clothes for her soon.
Just wondering what you have made and if you are still going!

Christmas does my head in, it always has, but one thing I like doing is wrapping presents. A couple of years ago my friend organised for us to volunteer at the shops wrapping presents for people. She dealt with the small-talk and money collecting (gold coin donation) and I wrapped the presents. I really enjoyed it.

I haven't made any more costumes for her since Halloween, so I need to get busy.

I thought she wanted some dressy dress-up clothes and I bought some for her, but she meant costumes.

Thanks for reminding me.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2011, 09:36:39 AM »
Hmm. I gather she has strong interests and am curious about what costumes she would like. I once dressed up as a purple wizard for a work party and everyone thought it was a bit odd. ;)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2011, 05:15:19 PM »
Hmm. I gather she has strong interests and am curious about what costumes she would like. I once dressed up as a purple wizard for a work party and everyone thought it was a bit odd. ;)

For now, I will make her an angel costume and a cheetah costume, since those are two of the ones she asked for when we looked at the pattern book together.  I already have the angel dress cut out and the wings are finished.  The pattern I had called for cloth wings with batting, but my daughter wanted feathery wings with a wire frame.  She had a pair of tattered orange wings from the dollar store where the sheer nylon was torn up and ruined, so I cut it off and used the frame and elastic bands with a pair of toddler nylon tights she had long since outgrown, then edged it with a marabou feather boa I bought at Hancock Fabrics, where I also bought the white satin and some cheetah print fleece earlier today.  She's going to love them.

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 05:57:14 PM »
Does anyone turn into somewhat of a Scrooge in the month of December or get any form of Seasonal Affective Disorder (Holiday Depression)?
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 06:04:24 PM »
Does anyone turn into somewhat of a Scrooge in the month of December or get any form of Seasonal Affective Disorder (Holiday Depression)?

I'm flu-like every first week of December, for years and years now. This year I was on my feet before my daughter had her BD, luckily. Aside from her BD, all festivities may be cancelled. The BD is the only important one.

That's more December festive stress than SAD I think. Bit of snow would be nice though, I do love the extra light snow brings.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2011, 06:37:10 PM »
Havent had  x-mas with family in 48 years.

I dont begrudge other folks enjoying the holiday and try to be as pleasant about it as possible.

Never understood humans being nice one or two days out of the year and mean the rest of the time

Thats just me though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2011, 07:58:27 PM »
I don't understand it either. I prefer to spend Christmas with people that I actually like during the rest of the year too.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2011, 08:26:06 PM »
I think the point is that you might not like them, but you love them. And when it comes down to it, while you might not choose to spend every day with them or go out with them for fun, they're still some of the most important people in your life

Generally, of course

That's not the case with everyone, but appears to be the case for a lot of people who no longer see their parents/brothers/sisters frequently but do meet up at xmas

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »
I could never get the concept of loving someone, but not liking them, it does not make sense to me.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2011, 08:33:48 PM »
I think it's like when two siblings are at each other's throats all the time, but actually genuinely love each other. and as someone else said, regardless of all the bickering etc, if the world was gonna end tomorrow, these are the people most of us would want to spend the last few hours with

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2011, 11:55:08 PM »
one thing to say. BAH HUMBUG! :P

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2011, 07:00:36 AM »

For now, I will make her an angel costume and a cheetah costume, since those are two of the ones she asked for when we looked at the pattern book together.  I already have the angel dress cut out and the wings are finished.  The pattern I had called for cloth wings with batting, but my daughter wanted feathery wings with a wire frame.  She had a pair of tattered orange wings from the dollar store where the sheer nylon was torn up and ruined, so I cut it off and used the frame and elastic bands with a pair of toddler nylon tights she had long since outgrown, then edged it with a marabou feather boa I bought at Hancock Fabrics, where I also bought the white satin and some cheetah print fleece earlier today.  She's going to love them.
That sounds elaborate. I like the sound of feathery wings better too. :)

TA - usually I get pretty depressed around this time of year. Christmas and New Year is part of it (I see it as a huge disruption) but I also think the heat plays a part too. Plus I just get depressed a lot for whatever reason. :P But I have been reasonably ok this summer so far.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2011, 11:10:18 AM »

That sounds elaborate. I like the sound of feathery wings better too. :)

TA - usually I get pretty depressed around this time of year. Christmas and New Year is part of it (I see it as a huge disruption) but I also think the heat plays a part too. Plus I just get depressed a lot for whatever reason. :P But I have been reasonably ok this summer so far.

Here's the pattern I used with some modifications:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/56491503/kids-costume-pattern-mccalls-9496

I finished the dress now.  The only thing I still need to make is the halo but I might just use tinsel garland for that.  I need to work on the cheetah costume now.