Educational

Author Topic: Going to pick out my Christmas present tomorrow  (Read 1253 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Going to pick out my Christmas present tomorrow
« on: November 22, 2011, 11:03:25 PM »
I'm dead excited tonight. Going through to Belfast to look at new cars for my Christmas.

I really like the little convertable BMW sports cars, but my aunt and uncle want me to look at all the different options.

Don't know if I'll end up picking one tomorrow, or if I'll just look at lots of different ones, and take a few days to decide what I want.

For the first time in years, I'm looking forward to Christmas, and it's not even December :green:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Going to pick out my Christmas present tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 11:15:18 PM »
BMW? Wow. My parents are considering helping me to get another car but there is no way we could afford a BMW. Would be awesome though. Saw an Audi the other day that looked cool. No way I could get that either haha. Would most like a Mini Cooper for myself. Also too expensive. Will most likely settle on something like a Toyota Yaris. Not my ideal but will be ok.

Consider safety ratings as well as looks. And take test drives to see what feels good to you. Sounds like your Christmas will be fun. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 11:25:06 PM »
BMW? Wow. My parents are considering helping me to get another car but there is no way we could afford a BMW. Would be awesome though. Saw an Audi the other day that looked cool. No way I could get that either haha. Would most like a Mini Cooper for myself. Also too expensive. Will most likely settle on something like a Toyota Yaris. Not my ideal but will be ok.

Consider safety ratings as well as looks. And take test drives to see what feels good to you. Sounds like your Christmas will be fun. :)

Thanks. I will definately take test drives, and proper ones this time. I only took a tiny test drive in the car that I have now, and I've ended up hating it. Not that any of that matters, after my friend borrowed it, and sullied the back seat with her boyfriend :grrr: Mini Coopers are cool. I've always thought Minis and Beetles were cute.
I like Audis. My sister has an Audi A1, and it's a lovely car. I kinda regreted not getting one for myself.

Christmas will be fun. My aunt makes a lovely dinner, and we all stay drunk for days on end :green: It will be the first Christmas I'll have spent with my little sister since she was 12, so that is cool as well.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 12:07:54 AM »
 *wants Christmas dinner and a ride in the new car*   :puppy:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Scrapheap

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 01:05:31 AM »
I'm dead excited tonight. Going through to Belfast to look at new cars for my Christmas.

I really like the little convertable BMW sports cars, but my aunt and uncle want me to look at all the different options.

Convertables always develop problems after a few years. You might want to look into a car with a sunroof.

Sports cars also tend to have very little luggage/storage space. If you do get a "sports" car, get a 4 door like a Nissan Maxima or something like that, or a hatchback. You can always haul a gang of friends or a bunch of stuff in them if you need to.

I had a 96 Eagle Talon (Mitsu Eclipse) Turbo. It was a hatchback with fold-down seats. God I could fit a ton of shit in that car. It was also a blast to drive out on twisty country roads too!!! :hotrodder:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 02:02:46 AM »
I have heard that on cars with a sunroof they tend to develop rust around the sunroof. With the convertible, is it problems with the mechanism to put the roof up and down?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 02:17:01 AM »
my father who is a bloody amazing driver [no one i trust more to drive in bad weather with] had a Mitsubishi lanser -spyder that was customised for street racing. drift specificly... most people who would drive it would have wraped it around a pole with the power behind it... powerfull V8, dont ask me the specs im a computer nerd not a car person. but he used to do "rockets" when he got annoyed with highway traffic. he would make sure theres no cops and do zero to 80kph in probably 6 seconds or less!

it was fucking nuts. i was in a street race with him once... this was before his lancer, he was driving a jeep cheroke and the other guy was driving some high end sports car decked out with shit... he was winning but we went around a corner and through traffic i spotted a cop and warned him (am i not a good son?) and he slowed down, the guy blew passed us, weved between three cars and found the police dont look fond of that behaviour.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 07:21:05 AM »
Not having much space is a good thing for me. It stops me having to do all the running around. Im giving the car I have now ti my friend, so she can do all the work.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 09:15:05 AM »
Damn, I wish I had that kind of money! :'(

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 09:27:31 AM »
What are you getting me this year :puppy:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 09:37:45 AM »
I wonder how long it would take for him to stop laughing if I tell Santa that I want a new BMW.

I've been really good too...as usual.  >:D

Have fun Butterflies! Pick a nice one.  ;)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 09:40:48 AM »
I wonder how long it would take for him to stop laughing if I tell Santa that I want a new BMW.

I've been really good too...as usual.  >:D

Have fun Butterflies! Pick a nice one.  ;)

He wouldn't laugh he smile and assure you that was a great idea for a gift then Christmas morning you would find this under the tree :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 10:10:58 AM »
Not having much space is a good thing for me. It stops me having to do all the running around. Im giving the car I have now ti my friend, so she can do all the work.

I never used my car's carrying capacity for work, it was all fun! Hell, I even used to take it camping in the National Forrest on dirt roads.

By not having much space, you limit the fun you can have. If I had the cash, I'd buy a new Subaru WRX, the street legal version of their Rally Racer.  8)

:hotrodder:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 10:13:06 AM »
Have fun being a Big Massive Wanker! :G

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 10:38:13 AM »
No you can afford to be really selfish and get
a sexy little two seater soft top.

Before i had the urchin i had a toyota mr2 tbar and it was good fun in the summer and a babe magnet!
 :thumbup:  have fun
blah blah blah