Educational

Author Topic: Mass exodus?  (Read 19165 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Mass exodus?
« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2018, 11:07:03 PM »
It's the nature of I², and the personalities that stick around. For some it's only fun for a while, and after that while it stops being fun and becomes something else entirely.

For me this place can sometimes seem down right nasty and exceedingly unfriendly. Very unwelcoming indeed. I can only imagine what it might seem like to someone with a similar personality as like me who doesn't have history with the site...

Not saying I² should change or anything silly like that, just that it's good to be aware of what I² is and isn't, and it isn't the most welcoming of places, so getting new people to come here is always going to be hard, and every member that leaves is going to be sorely felt.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OMG YOU'RE BACK TOO!! :GA:

There's two kinds of people here. There's the kind who think about putting me in their butt, and the kind who think about eating me. Which are you?  :eyebrows:

Not me.  I wonder if you have a sibling so I could have a nice pair of fur shoes.

Yes, you too.  :eyelash:

:fatchef:  Gonna make me some Gopher Stew
:gopher:

Offline Kaelyrhn

• The Tesseract Exception of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #256 on: June 08, 2018, 12:14:07 AM »
It's the nature of I², and the personalities that stick around. For some it's only fun for a while, and after that while it stops being fun and becomes something else entirely.

For me this place can sometimes seem down right nasty and exceedingly unfriendly. Very unwelcoming indeed. I can only imagine what it might seem like to someone with a similar personality as like me who doesn't have history with the site...

Not saying I² should change or anything silly like that, just that it's good to be aware of what I² is and isn't, and it isn't the most welcoming of places, so getting new people to come here is always going to be hard, and every member that leaves is going to be sorely felt.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OMG YOU'RE BACK TOO!! :GA:

There's two kinds of people here. There's the kind who think about putting me in their butt, and the kind who think about eating me. Which are you?  :eyebrows:
Why not both? :GA:

I don't know which to do first. :GA:

Masticatory Masturbation or Masturbatory Mastication?  :zoinks:
I often post on my phone. Expect typos & errors.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #257 on: June 10, 2018, 03:19:20 PM »
That's nasty to you? Such a sensitive little flower you are.

:LMAO:    :rofl:

So says the odeot who sinbinned me for creating a ficticious, satirical charachter.

:hahaha:      :hahaha:      :hahaha:      :hahaha:      :hahaha:

Yes, right. That's what you did.

And you're still butthurt about the sinbin. You really are sensitive.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #258 on: June 10, 2018, 03:26:18 PM »
Let the baby cry. Eventually he will drown in their own tears. Haters gonna hate, just let them kill themselves over you. It's entertainment that ain't funny.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2018, 06:46:24 PM »
That's nasty to you? Such a sensitive little flower you are.

:LMAO:    :rofl:

So says the odeot who sinbinned me for creating a ficticious, satirical charachter.

:hahaha:      :hahaha:      :hahaha:      :hahaha:      :hahaha:

Yes, right. That's what you did.

And you're still butthurt about the sinbin. You really are sensitive.

odeot is still butthurt over something that happened over 10 years ago.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #260 on: June 21, 2018, 01:01:06 PM »
Wanker.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #261 on: June 21, 2018, 01:42:52 PM »
Derp

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #262 on: June 21, 2018, 01:44:44 PM »
Da derp dee derp da teetley derpee derpee dumb...

... starring Rob Schneider

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #263 on: July 25, 2018, 01:11:04 AM »
I remember about 7 ish years ago there was another AS forum set up that had some of the older calmer WP members on it like Sophist and BeeBee. I liked it there, of course I couldn't help trolling so I ended up leaving because I couldn't control myself and stop annoying them. I can't remember what they called it though. Edit - it was called Gestalt and is a dead link now
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 01:26:47 AM by Tom/Mutate »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #264 on: July 25, 2018, 05:43:45 AM »
Gestalt was great in its day. I learned quite a lot from it. Wish I had access to it though, there was a thread I made (others did too) about me and autism. I would have liked to copy the information to my computer. I've lost two blogs too. Just hasn't been my luck to keep things online.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #265 on: July 25, 2018, 12:46:56 PM »
Gestalt was great in its day. I learned quite a lot from it. Wish I had access to it though, there was a thread I made (others did too) about me and autism. I would have liked to copy the information to my computer. I've lost two blogs too. Just hasn't been my luck to keep things online.

oh I wish I had put more effort in there now. What kind of things did you learn there? One thing I remember about you, is you making a thread called "I'm a not very smart autistic". I felt the same way.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #266 on: July 26, 2018, 07:27:24 AM »
oh I wish I had put more effort in there now. What kind of things did you learn there? One thing I remember about you, is you making a thread called "I'm a not very smart autistic". I felt the same way.
Haha, vaguely remember that thread. My view is still the same. I still haven't found anything that I'm particularly good at. Tried my hand at computing, I mean autistics are meant to be good at that, right? Not me. Mediocre at best. Very interesting and fun though.

I started going to uni to study psychology while I was regularly posting on Gestalt. Couldn't fault the encouragement and well wishes I got from people on there. I learnt stuff about the brain, how it works and autism differences. Wish I could just go on there now and pick some threads that would be interesting for you to read, because my memory isn't that great.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #267 on: July 26, 2018, 02:49:42 PM »
Haha, vaguely remember that thread. My view is still the same. I still haven't found anything that I'm particularly good at. Tried my hand at computing, I mean autistics are meant to be good at that, right? Not me. Mediocre at best. Very interesting and fun though.

I started going to uni to study psychology while I was regularly posting on Gestalt. Couldn't fault the encouragement and well wishes I got from people on there. I learnt stuff about the brain, how it works and autism differences. Wish I could just go on there now and pick some threads that would be interesting for you to read, because my memory isn't that great.

yeah, all my aspie friends my age work in IT and coding, I've tried to do library courses but I just get bored. I'm sure I could force myself, but I'm never going to compete with someone who finds it as naturally interesting as I do literature and travel (for example).

I'm still not sure I know how to explain to myself how my AS feels. I think a lot of it is I just don't care about group fun, like when people at work are singing along to songs in silly voices and stuff. But how much of that is just me being a grumpy sod.

you used to like sci fi TV a lot didn't you? I'm watching Babylon 5 for the first time this year.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 02:52:17 PM by Tom/Mutate »

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #268 on: July 26, 2018, 07:50:19 PM »
I was wondering if you worked. What do you do? I hope to have a job by the end of this year.

I do like sci fi. Really looking forward to the second season of Discovery. And apparently some other Star Trek is going to be made too. Babylon 5 is excellent. It's been a few years since I watched it though. Ivanova was my favourite character.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #269 on: July 26, 2018, 08:11:51 PM »
at the moment I just do menial jobs in a sports staduim - carrying equipment around and serving people etc. It's a pretty grim/shameful job sometimes, but my life situation is ok in that I get wages and an apartment on disability. It's a bit embarrassing doing it in my 30s though, and I don't really like the sporty atmosphere (everyone macho) sometimes. I haven't seen Discovery at all yet, really want to though. I don't have a tv streaming thing right now.