Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
SKYRIM
« on: November 15, 2011, 03:19:41 PM »
is a jizz worthy game.

sereously... out of 72 hours i have owned the game i have 2 saves one of which is 47 hours long and the other is 6 hours....

i... am... OBSESSED!

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: SKYRIM
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 03:44:20 PM »
Looks great, but onlyjust started playing properly. Took a couple of days to download, and spent the next couple of days searching the internet to try and find the solution to technical problems.

Seems to be running OK now though

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 04:14:02 PM »
My computer wouldn't be up to running "Rimmed in the Sky".

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 05:20:48 PM »
The laptop plays it fine on high.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 06:26:31 PM »
>Interface

Urge to kill...Rising....

But seriously, is it me, or does the combat feel like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic?

Also, FUCKING FINALLY! Crafting is in the base game and not something you have to mod in! Welcome to 2003, Bethesda!
What's this? Plants CHANGE when you harvest them? Glory be, Bethesda are actually paying fucking attention to the modding community!

Can't wait for the CS.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 07:07:06 PM »
I'd be playing it by now, but had technical difficulties with my new laptop. But eh, think I got the problem solved and now continuing to download it.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 10:48:05 PM »
So that is where you have been Zippo.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 01:29:52 AM »
So that is where you have been Zippo.

playing skyrim and wollowing in self pity. but only skyrim is important.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 10:07:17 AM »
Played Skyrim for a few hours. Quite impressive. Buggy as shit but still, I love the level of detail and quality of the terrain and ambience.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 10:29:13 AM »
Compared to New Vegas and Fallout 3, Skyrim has a lot less bugs. Still a few annoying things here and there, but nothing that's game breaking or crash prone so far.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 10:38:58 AM »
Compared to New Vegas and Fallout 3, Skyrim has a lot less bugs. Still a few annoying things here and there, but nothing that's game breaking or crash prone so far.

Yeah performance wise, it's virtually flawless. Most of the bugs are related to the NPC behaviour from what I've seen so far.

I remember my experience with New Vegas though, it has a tendency to randomly crash after a while of playing or a mission would glitch and couldn't be completed.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 10:42:26 AM »
My only complaint so far is that I have to play on minimum settings to get good performance.

Had a really annoying problem with the mouse being way too slow in its vertical movement, but found an easy solution on the net.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 08:29:09 AM »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 08:46:55 AM »
I found this:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-personality-flaws-skyrim-forces-you-to-deal-with/

One problem with that article; The author acts like Bethesda sat down and wrote every book in the games library just for this game; They didn't. It's a library and lore they've been building up since Arena in 1994; I've already read a lot of the books in the game because I made it my mission to collect a copy of every single fucking book in Morrowind (Where I built a fucking fort out of them in one of my houses) and Oblivion.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 09:56:59 AM »
Rocks