Educational

Author Topic: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.  (Read 14377 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2011, 10:46:05 AM »
"I hope you don't really see the whole site as bad due to this incident"

As I have said. The site is what we as members make it and so in answer, YES. It is sactioned and condoned and celebrated and that is a damn shame. It is justified an dexcused and seen as a righteous exercise and that is disappointing.

Not really the environment i am proud of and happy to support

You have a point because this place is always what its members make it. But "sanctioned and condoned" would imply that the site is a unit of sorts and somehow centrally governed (now, if the WC idea had stuck, that might have been the case but now, the closest to thing to that kind of authority are the admins and me), where such an action could get some sort of official approval or disapproval, and it just isn't so. People do what they do. Would I2 be to blame if, say, a number of AFF members who also are members here planned a "posse" at AFF, carried it out on a third site and then came here to celebrate? I guess what I'm wondering is where you draw the line.

But nevertheless I do feel I have a responsibility. To what extent that is something I imagine, I don't know. I suppose I'm the closest thing to a "publisher" we have, and so I feel I am responsible to some extent.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2011, 10:56:21 AM »
I have to make one very obvious point.
Yes. Steve is IP banned. There was always a guest viewing, and Steve knew what was being said. It was a fair assumption that he was snooping using a proxy.

A rather obvious reply, then: Steve wasn't IP banned the whole time, far from it. Also, quite a few members use a proxy, all the time.

My post was in reply to Les' comment that:
You were not posting to two people you knew were IP banned and could not see what was written. Credit this board with at least a little bit of common sense and a bit of memory recall.

He is talking about the time Steve was IP banned, and he appears to be claiming that my comments about Pandora were meant as an insult to him because Steve and Pandora were banned, and therefore had absolutely no idea what was happening on this site.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2011, 11:01:22 AM »
Yes. Steve is IP banned. There was always a guest viewing, and Steve knew what was being said. It was a fair assumption that he was snooping using a proxy.

A rather obvious reply, then: Steve wasn't IP banned the whole time, far from it. Also, quite a few members use a proxy, all the time.

You were not posting to two people you knew were IP banned and could not see what was written. Credit this board with at least a little bit of common sense and a bit of memory recall.

He is talking about the time Steve was IP banned, and he appears to be claiming that my comments about Pandora were meant as an insult to him because Steve and Pandora were banned, and therefore had absolutely no idea what was happening on this site.

A lot of misunderstandings seem to circulate over for how long TCO was IP banned (and thus Pandora by proxy), and I've seen people assume that he was when he wasn't. I can't see how any of the above comments can be placed in time to one or the other situation.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2011, 11:06:16 AM »

A lot of misunderstandings seem to circulate over for how long TCO was IP banned (and thus Pandora by proxy), and I've seen people assume that he was when he wasn't. I can't see how any of the above comments can be placed in time to one or the other situation.

TBH it doesn't really matter.

Les' point is that I was trying to insult him by saying what I said about Pandora whilst Steve was banned. My point is that, at all times during the argument, I assumed Steve had some kind of access to this site, whether it be full access, or access through a proxy.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2011, 01:03:06 PM »
So did you try to insult him?

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2011, 01:10:50 PM »
@Odeon. Absolutely not. I believed Les and I had made up, and I had no desire at all to get back involved in figjting him. My insults were aimed at Steve and Pandora, as well as to amuse myself and some others.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2011, 03:38:05 PM »
I did not hear anything bad about Les.  It was not directed at him, not to my knowledge anyway.

If you look at Butterflies first post (the one i posted earlier)It is not really very threatening at all.  Quite polite really.  Truth is i went there with the best intentions,  and i believe the other's did too.  I think we were all a little surprised by the reaction.  Looking back it probably would not have mattered what we posted to them,  they saw our presence there as hostile and attacked us.  That led to an exchange of insults which was really silly. 

I had an added pressure with it being on facebook.  I do go there daily,  just for poker,  but have kept chat closed and made no posts on my wall for ages.  So suddenly my activity increased and this alerted my brother to the fact i was posting again, and he only clicked on it and saw the argument.  He rang me up to find out what wrongplanet was all about and he wanted to join it and start defending me.

Can you imagine that,  how embarrassing eh,  your big brother shows up and starts mouthing off.  If it had of come to that i wouldn't be here now, i would have been too embarrassed. 

blah blah blah

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2011, 04:25:11 PM »
Just been thinking about how i would like this site to be?  I don't know really,  i was sort of happy with it.

I liked it enough to go on facebook and defend it. 

I liked enough of you enough to get irked when whole site got slagged!

So,  my question is...
Is this site not worth defending?     
blah blah blah

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2011, 04:34:01 PM »
Just been thinking about how i would like this site to be?  I don't know really,  i was sort of happy with it.

So,  my question is...

For me, the site is worth defending, and I think if this was anybody other than Les' friend, nobody would have had any issues with what we done
This whole thing has been blown out of all proportion, and I think it shows that if you shout loud enough and stamp your feet hard enough, you will always find some people who will take you seriously.

If you look at Butterflies first post (the one i posted earlier)It is not really very threatening at all.  Quite polite really.  Truth is i went there with the best intentions,  and i believe the other's did too.

Yes. I was more than happy to speak civily to her, and to try and explain what had happened.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
@Pyraxis. Thats a strange story about DD. At first it was presented as a fact that he left because of me. Now youre presenting as an observation that DD appears to have left some time after an argument with some people, one of them being me.

Yup. I'm casting vague aspersions on you in an attempt at ferreting out what's gone wrong.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2011, 06:30:44 PM »
@Pyraxis. Thats a strange story about DD. At first it was presented as a fact that he left because of me. Now youre presenting as an observation that DD appears to have left some time after an argument with some people, one of them being me.

Yup. I'm casting vague aspersions on you in an attempt at ferreting out what's gone wrong.
:lol:

I'm sure Inspector Pyraxis will ferret out the troublemaker in no time :thumbup:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2011, 06:46:57 PM »
Pyraxis, I know I keep rehashing the point but this place is what its members make it. I come here to wind down hang out and have fun. This type of shit is simply not doing it for me. I will do things other than what I am not enjoying.

If you do take off then, I hope you come back and say hi sometimes, and check to see if anything's changed for the better.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Psychophant

« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2011, 06:47:35 PM »

So,  my question is...

I'm feeling ambivalent about it right now!   :-\

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2011, 02:21:43 AM »

So,  my question is...

I'm feeling ambivalent about it right now!   :-\

I think it's worth defending, but it's not going to happen unless people want to.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2011, 10:16:59 AM »

Is that what I appear to be claiming?

Ok if this was what I was claiming then the fact that he had more than some idea of what was happening because up to the point he was IP banned he was viewing the threads in question as a guest and posting as such on Facebook (a fact which I and everyone on here knew) would be a kind of stupid thing to claim.
That is if this is what you are inferring that I am trying to claim this.
“had absolutely no idea what was happening on this site” Clever use of wording
Of course he had “some” idea of what was happening. He had read a good chunk of what was said.
BUT then he was IP banned (as he was seen as a real threat to the site).
You were aware approximately of when this happened because it was posted from what Pandora said about not being able to join if she wanted because she and he were IP banned, and this too was discussed and confirmed.
Until that time he had great access and so had a rather good idea of what was happening.
Probably best not muddying the waters . It is misrepresentation which I think is a rather close cousin to a lie. The callout I had with you was rather crammed full of such misrepresentations. Making a bogus claim (pretending that it was one of my values, or i had said it or inferred it) and then defending against it, and the like. You really don’t have to. It is stupid.

TBH it doesn't really matter.

Les' point is that I was trying to insult him by saying what I said about Pandora whilst Steve was banned. My point is that, at all times during the argument, I assumed Steve had some kind of access to this site, whether it be full access, or access through a proxy.

@Odeon. Absolutely not. I believed Les and I had made up, and I had no desire at all to get back involved in figjting him. My insults were aimed at Steve and Pandora, as well as to amuse myself and some others.

Right….you assumed IP banning meant nothing and the term Rancidora had absolutely no connection nor origin in the term Rancid that you had a long protracted callout on with me. No connection at all and the term was used not to get at the person that you had a callout with because you had used the term (who was on the site and having to put up with your partying on and celebrating upsetting my friend) but was instead against two people off site who were IP banned…sure Butterflies.
The fact that the term was used was coincidence. I understand your argument.
Truly I do. I just think you are lying.

So,  my question is...

For me, the site is worth defending, and I think if this was anybody other than Les' friend, nobody would have had any issues with what we done
This whole thing has been blown out of all proportion, and I think it shows that if you shout loud enough and stamp your feet hard enough, you will always find some people who will take you seriously.

Excepting of course no-one is shouting loudly or stamping their feet...are they butterflies?

This is another one of those misrepresenting things you keep doing.

Someone is pointing out their opinion on something that matters to them from their perspective and trying to illustrate why they think what they think. Is this what you call "shout loud enough and stamp your feet hard enough"? If it is then your understanding of communication perhaps a little lacking. I am not serious of course. I do not believe you do not know the difference. I believe you just want to misrepresent my actions and then try to make a case around a known falsity. This is again what you did manyy times in the callout I had with you and I picked it up each time. It is rather transparent.

Are you concerned that people do not take you seriously? Stop being dishonest in how you represent things and they will take you more seriously perhaps? Couldn't hurt, in any case.

I agree that the site is worth defending. But then I have never questioned this. In fact the repeating myself has begun and I am mentally facepalming here.

Do not try to read a subtext in here that does not exist. it is pretty clear.

TCO pulling shit over at Facebook? TCO. Poor fucking form and he deserved to be taken to task personally for it.

TCO using Pandora's account? Stupid and poor form and he is responsible for it.

"Posse" going over there? TCO. He bouight that shit on himself. If it was not concerns i had that Pandora would get roped into it and that it was likely to ruin another online community for her, I likely would be part of that too. (I use the word "posse" because i think it best fits. I do not think of it in a negative light. A group of concerned people going as a united group to right a wrong)

My views on whether the site ought to be defended from people attacking it is pretty clear and not in ANY way inferring it should not be defended from people taking potshots at it.

Inferred nowhere.

Celebrating giving my mate a flogging over here and talking up what a bitch she is whilst her friend is in the room? Everyone involved in said celebrating. Fucking poor form.

Still I held my tongue. Did not like it but did not complain.

Trying to get a rancid sly dig at me after me not having reacted - with the "Rancidora" bullshit - and others cheering on that? Fucking pathetic and everyone involved in that is responsible.

This is the kind of shit that ought to be looked at. It has not been an isolated thing and it is not. This is the kind of behaviour that ought not be considered valued by I2. The taking the step from tough but fair to poor form is not that hard.

An example may be being one of many to accept a fun trolling of a forum and clowning around and being stupid and irrelevant, causing the forum owner to be slightly confused. That shit is funny and fine. Then you could take it further. You could try to get naked shots of them or critical information to use against them. See, up to this point it is reasonably lighthearted and not mean-spirited and potentially harmful. Certainly not undeserving of possible harm this effort may cause.

No it is not being oversensitive. I personally believe that it is poor form. Yes i have no issue trolling trolls and flaming flamers. But then that is not what this is about. I would hope that this place did not accept and even endorse the types of behaviours that cross into simply bad form. I2 is set up to be combative and allow freedom of expression. It is set up to enable spazzes. It is not set up to enable people to be arseholes.

There has been a recent exodus of members and I feel strongly that the recent change in culture that I have notice (irrespective of whether you have or not) is a BIG factor. I pointed out my reasoning. (without shouting or stamping my feet).

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:26:39 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap