Author Topic: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.  (Read 14328 times)

Osensitive1

Re: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 01:12:14 PM »
There absolutely is, but that isn't the site's purpose. The friendships and support is from people sharing their personal experiences, and that is less likely to happen when people feel those details will be used against them.
Yeah, I still don't know the purpose of this place outside of the purpose it serves for me, so just assume it's like that for others. Have to agree with the second sentence of your post though.

Same here, I have a bunch of good friends irl.  And my ambulance crew is pretty tight.  But, I feel pretty friendly and appreciate the support I got when my ribs got broken.   And I can understand when MLA and others called me out for being arrogant.  Other then that, I don't expect much here, except to understand myself a little better and to figure out wtf I'm doing.   :autism:
Don't have any friends, but it's nice to interact. I really suck at it in real life, online too sometimes.

I didn't see it as pack mentality, at least not from my side.  I have disliked TCO since 2009 and have been pretty open about it :laugh:
I really didn't either, and hope no one views me as part of the steve pack. I feel when I faced steve, I did it on my own and for my own reasons. I chose to believe others have their own reasons to face him too.

Scrapheap

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 01:55:18 PM »
I didn't see it as pack mentality, at least not from my side.  I have disliked TCO since 2009 and have been pretty open about it :laugh:

So, big deal! I've disliked TCO since 2007, so there!!! :moon: neener! neener! neener!!! :razz: :moon:

Honestly, I did think the Steve thing was pack mentality. Not at first, but it escalated into it.

I don't think it was a pack mentality. It was a case of TCO had made too many enemies by then.

I found out what a piece of shit he was in 2007 on WP. He sent me a string of nasty PM's that showed what an abusive dick he was. I had a truce with him after our confrontation in 2010, but I knew it wouldn't last.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 04:39:28 PM »
Wow. This is turning into a soap. Missing people return unexpectedly for shocking revelations while the existing cast does yet another rehash of the same old storyline, kept alive because the writers simply have nothing better to replace it with. And hell, it's worked for the past few episodes, several years in fact, so why not a few more?

Fairly soon there will be a deadly illness striking a well-loved figure, maybe it's a brain tumour, while long-standing combatants are revealed to be siblings, lost at birth.

FFS, seriously, people?!? This is a fucking internet message board, an unmoderated one, mostly, and as such more subject to the day-to-day headaches and whims of the so-called aspie elite than most of its cousins out there. It's not something that can replace real life or deliver profoundness on a plate. It's a fucking message board and only ever what those that bother posting there make of it.

Oh, and MLA--there is no such thing. You won't magically find connections online just because you want to, just the opposite. Most boards give back what you give them. Or just some muffled contempt or a ban, if they are moderated. Post. Or don't post. All there is to it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2011, 04:40:51 PM »
Oh, and btw: yeah, most here already know that some have disliked TCO from <insert a number here>. It's getting fucking old.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2011, 04:49:04 PM »
So who will show up next :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 04:52:31 PM »
McJ or Lit.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2011, 04:56:02 PM »
Please be Randy :)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2011, 04:57:12 PM »
Now THAT would be interesting.

- Albert Einstein

Binty

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2011, 05:02:50 PM »
Calm down odeon, you'll give yourself a headache  :zoinks:

Psychophant

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2011, 05:20:21 PM »
Christ, even a doofus like me sees that this is exactly what people want here.   :lol:

:yarly:

Osensitive1

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2011, 05:44:18 PM »
Wow. This is turning into a soap. Missing people return unexpectedly for shocking revelations while the existing cast does yet another rehash of the same old storyline, kept alive because the writers simply have nothing better to replace it with. And hell, it's worked for the past few episodes, several years in fact, so why not a few more?

Fairly soon there will be a deadly illness striking a well-loved figure, maybe it's a brain tumour, while long-standing combatants are revealed to be siblings, lost at birth.

FFS, seriously, people?!? This is a fucking internet message board, an unmoderated one, mostly, and as such more subject to the day-to-day headaches and whims of the so-called aspie elite than most of its cousins out there. It's not something that can replace real life or deliver profoundness on a plate. It's a fucking message board and only ever what those that bother posting there make of it.

Oh, and MLA--there is no such thing. You won't magically find connections online just because you want to, just the opposite. Most boards give back what you give them. Or just some muffled contempt or a ban, if they are moderated. Post. Or don't post. All there is to it.
There has been a deadly illness to strike a beloved member, and for some reason am thinking it was a brain tumor. Hope that wasn't a joke about it. Say what you will, but it may only be a message board, but it's stil real people and people can be affected by it. Am pretty sure I've inadvertantly hurt at least two people online. Will never know for certain, and they're so nice they would likely deny it even if the opportunity came up ask. Am much more careful about these things, though the latest drama has made me realize there might be a third person from something done almost two years ago, and I'm really upset about it.

Scrapheap

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2011, 06:26:33 PM »
So why do I support him and his behavior? I do not believe I have.

Fuck you!!!  :finger:  that's a fucking lie and you know it.

EDIT: I just read your diatribe for the second time now, and it absolutely disgusts me.

How DARE you try to blame anyone here for what is clearly TCO's fault!!!  :finger:

We were NOT responsible for knowing that TCO was using Pandora's account. It is the combined fault of Pandora and TCO that that happened, and they are the only ones to blame.

All that you have shown, is what a disgusting, horrible evil EVIL EVIL piece of fucking shit TCO is.

Secondly, you have shown just how dumb Pandora is for sticking around that piece of shit. If these are the kind of manipulations that he is pulling on her on the internet, then I can only imagine how he fucks with her head IRL. I feel sorry for Pandora, but at some point she has to be held responsible for the fact that she doesn't leave him. If she loves him, I can only attribute that to Stockholm Syndrome. How blind can you be to not see TCO is a bad person?

Lastly, you Sir Les, need to see that TCO isn't a good person who does bad things, he's a bad person who plays nice when it suits him. That's the thing with these Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde personalitles, Mr. Hyde is the true person, Dr. Jekyl is the mask that they hide behind. My sister dates and marries people just like TCO. I've had 20+ years of experience with his type. Whether or not TCO has power over these "meltdowns" is a moot point. At the end of the day, it's just a power game that is designed to control people. Pandora is under his spell and he has sucked you into his routine too.

The best thing for Pandora is to leave TCO for good, and not dat anyone like him again. If TCO tries to stalk her, then he needs to have his brains bashed in and his body dumped in a river so the crocks can have their way with his corpse. Come to think of it, that's the best use for TCO.... :chin:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:07:10 PM by Grease Monkey »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2011, 07:36:35 PM »
Oh, and MLA--there is no such thing. You won't magically find connections online just because you want to

Thank you for proving my point.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2011, 10:25:22 PM »

This place is what the members make it and if this is the best that can be made of i2, I am far from impressed. I am thinking such poisonous thinking will lead, without being addressed by the membership, in good people leaving.

It's already happening. This is a much different place than the forum I joined three and a half years ago.

Then maybe it's time to have think about it and ask ourselves if we can do something better. For our own sakes.

What do you think would be better?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2011, 06:53:00 AM »
So why do I support him and his behavior? I do not believe I have.

Fuck you!!!  :finger:  that's a fucking lie and you know it.

EDIT: I just read your diatribe for the second time now, and it absolutely disgusts me.

How DARE you try to blame anyone here for what is clearly TCO's fault!!!  :finger:

We were NOT responsible for knowing that TCO was using Pandora's account. It is the combined fault of Pandora and TCO that that happened, and they are the only ones to blame.

All that you have shown, is what a disgusting, horrible evil EVIL EVIL piece of fucking shit TCO is.

Secondly, you have shown just how dumb Pandora is for sticking around that piece of shit. If these are the kind of manipulations that he is pulling on her on the internet, then I can only imagine how he fucks with her head IRL. I feel sorry for Pandora, but at some point she has to be held responsible for the fact that she doesn't leave him. If she loves him, I can only attribute that to Stockholm Syndrome. How blind can you be to not see TCO is a bad person?

Lastly, you Sir Les, need to see that TCO isn't a good person who does bad things, he's a bad person who plays nice when it suits him. That's the thing with these Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde personalitles, Mr. Hyde is the true person, Dr. Jekyl is the mask that they hide behind. My sister dates and marries people just like TCO. I've had 20+ years of experience with his type. Whether or not TCO has power over these "meltdowns" is a moot point. At the end of the day, it's just a power game that is designed to control people. Pandora is under his spell and he has sucked you into his routine too.

The best thing for Pandora is to leave TCO for good, and not dat anyone like him again. If TCO tries to stalk her, then he needs to have his brains bashed in and his body dumped in a river so the crocks can have their way with his corpse. Come to think of it, that's the best use for TCO.... :chin:

Thank you for the contribution Scrap. What it lacked in insight , it made up for with disjointed hysteria.
Calm down big fella.

Once you manage to calm down I want you to try to not be quite a righteously indignant or pretend that you have the monopoly on truth and perception. Quite simply, you have an opinion.

"Grease Monkey (317) Al Swearengen (1195) - full page of lies In topic Yesterday at 06:33:54 PM "

No my raging friend.

Let's look at things rationally and fairly. Humour us here Scrap and see if you can, even if just for an exercise in self-restraint and open-mindedness.

Have I ever...yes ever..supported TCO's right to say whatever he wanted unchallenged? Have I ever denounced people's right to defend against these attacks? I have certainly on occassion agreed with others against him and him against others and at times even criticised his behaviour. I have even tried to allow him an "out" on ocassion to man up and apologise and stop making things worse for him and the board members. But this is not what I just asked.

The fact is we have seen he has not been able to play well here. He does meltdown and it does not do him, nor the board nor the board members any favours when he does. I do not deny this and I do not recall ever having said anything to the contrary.

I also liken the analogy of the drunk too far gone with drink to control their actions at the time they are drunk to realise what they are doing (and who is both incapable of registering the effect of what they are doing at the time and with which trying to draw accountability is futile) to his actions when in meltdown.

But find where i say that he is not accountable for anything he says. The truth is, regardless of what we say or do, we all are regardless too of how emotional we are at the time. maybe in the heat of the moment or in the throes of a meltdown we are not of a mind to appreciate our actions but that does not excuse our actions.

You suggest I have indicated otherwise? Find it.

So no I do not defend his actions and have not. Have I been patient? Like a fucking saint.

Have I tried to avoid driving him to meltdown? Yup. This is not defending him either.

What about my personal views and beliefs on him and who and what he is off-forum? Yup been honest here too. I have volunteered these things freely. That is not as much defending him as making a valued judgment.

So again Scrap - Find the lies and not difference of opinion or difference of perspective or judgment. Or stop being a drama queen and frothing at the mouth. Make a claimn and back it properly. I don't give a damn whether you or anyone likes TCO. He has done a lot to make a lot of people dislike him and that is his cross to carry. I do not much care whether people like him or not nor form a poor opinion on him based on the actions they have seen online.

You don't need to back these things and i do not call your judgment on this to bear. Accuse me of lying you better do better than to make vaccous accusations, or you are going to look stupid and redundant.

What exactly have I blamed on people and what have i blamed on TCO?
Now for the benefit of what i can only assume is rather poor comprehension in a biased mindset of which would do Bill O'Reilly proud, i will break it back down for you here Scrap.

TCO on here attacks members? TCO. No issue with members attacking back and he has to back himself.

Members attack TCO? Members  No issue with TCO attacking back and they have to back themselves.

TCO having a meltdown? Unfortunate. I do not believe in this state he can realise what he is doing/saying and addressing this pointless but that he is still accountable for everything he says.

TCO pulling shit over at Facebook? TCO. Poor fucking form and he deserved to be taken to task personally for it.

TCO using Pandora's account? Stupid and poor form and he is responsible for it.

"Posse" going over there? TCO. He bouight that shit on himself. If it was not concerns i had that Pandora would get roped into it and that it was likely to ruin another online community for her, I likely would be part of that too. (I use the word "posse" because i think it best fits. I do not think of it in a negative light. A group of concerned people going as a united group to right a wrong)

No TCO - and the posse starts firing shots at Pandora as next best target? Primarily TCO. He set this up and had his girl taking fire for him. Secondly the posse. Whilst it mayt have been unclear as to what was said or not by Pandora, I had put on the board what and who she was and that he did and does use her account sometimes so where there was a doubt who actually said what and that what was said fitted what i described in her and what you knew of him, I believe there ought to have been some restraint and an acceptance that she was not the person they sought to address, he was.

That said I understood as much as i did not like it and held my tongue.

Celebrating giving my mate a flogging over here and talking up what a bitch she is whilst her friend is in the room? Everyone involved in said celebrating. Fucking poor form.

Still I held my tongue. Did not like it but did not complain.

Trying to get a rancid sly dig at me after me not having reacted - with the "Rancidora" bullshit - and others cheering on that? Fucking pathetic and everyone involved in that is responsible.

So, yes Scrap. TCO is to blame for TCO's actions and other's for their own actions. Don't try to interpret that I was trying to leave him blameless, that would be both dishonest and stupid.

"then I can only imagine how he fucks with her head IRL" Do not let your imagination run away with you Scrap. You may be right and you may not be. Until you are you are condemning her and him based on online activities only. You would not be my pick for a jury Scrap. Am i keen to make sure my friend is safe? Yes. Do i have concerns? Yes. Will I look out for her interests? Yes. Will I run down her future husband based on some online interactions which have proved that he does not do the online thing that well in aspie online environments? No and if you think so you are a fucking idiot. Does it mean I will look at such things carefully and with concern. Of course. I am a friend and I have her interests at heart. At the moment she is with a man who makes her happy and conversely sucks at these online fora. The two CAN exist mutually. I do not know whether one reflects the other but I will be fucked if I will be judge, jury and executioner based on such loose speculation and fear. That would be unfair, rash, dishonest and stupid.

Oh and heads up Scrap. TCO is not your brother in Law. You may know your brother in law and you may read into TCO some specific psychoanalytical online diagnosis but between you, me and the rest of the thinking people here, that means shit and if you are not too self-opinionated or full of yourself, I would say that you probably know that such armchair diagnosises or greater awarenesses mean shit. (Yes...even when i do it myself)

So go find the lies Scrap. Fucking hopeless.

Jack I answered your PM.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:10:59 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap