Educational

Author Topic: Eris Calls out Everyone  (Read 12938 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Eris Calls out Everyone
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2011, 07:59:37 PM »
IF anyone seriously thought he was going to kill themselves, and they gossiped instead of calling the authorities then they should re-evaluate their own motives for their concern.

Cause the " I was genuinely concerned" shit goes out the window when it turns into a public gossip session.

"Hello Police, Yes, I'd like to report a suicide threat. No, I don't have the IP it was made from. Well, no, it wasn't made to me. What's my connection to this? Well, I run this website and somebody I banned has gone on to another website and made a suicide threat. How did I hear about it? Well, they made it to somebody on that forum who posted it on ANOTHER forum. Where are they...? ...America, somewhere? Hello? ...Hello?"

Not my gaff, I can't do a goddamned thing. I don't have the address it was made from, I don't have the time, I don't even have the original threat. It's up to the WP staff, ad they've acted.

Hey, you are the one that went on and on about reporting him to the authorities and you are the one who went on an on about how that it is your job to do so. Either you should, or you shouldnt, you need to make up your own mind about that. Thats not my beef.

Coming here and acting like a twat was your own decision and independent of what the police would do.

...I think you've misunderstood me. I said that it should be treated as if it was a real threat, because for all we know it may well be.

I did not say it was my job to do so, because it didn't happen on my forum. Stop moving the goddamned goalposts.

If it had happened on AFF, I would have reported him to his local authorities within half an hour of finding out about it. It happened on WP, so there is nothing I can do but advocate that it be taken seriously, as I have been repeating ad naseum for the past few hours.

Also, no need to make it personal. Oh, and I'm still waiting on a clarification on what precisely I'm flip-flopping on.

I dont see how I already didnt answer all of that thoroughly. I never once stated someone should call the police or have an obligation to. You are the one talking about that and in fact whenever i try to talk to you about the issue, you bring the subject of the police back into it. . I am merely asking you to take a step back, and realize this is not longer "just the internet" and to back the fuck off.

You are flip-flopping, going back and forth about contacting the authorities , and back and forth on taking a position from a mods point of view, and as a users point of view.

I don't see that.  I saw Pikajedi say that if the suicide threat had happened on AFF instead of WP, the police would have been notified within half an hour and some additional steps would have been taken so the person couldn't construe any possible responses to the thread as encouragement to go ahead and kill himself before the police could stop him. 

He said what would have happened on AFF in response to someone saying that Alex had gotten legal advice in the wake of the Will Freund murder/suicide telling him not to respond to suicide threats on WP in any way at all. 

Pikajedi also said not to do it when someone said something about publicly confronting the person threatening suicide because that might have the effect of encouraging him to go ahead and kill himself if he were inclined to do it.

eris

« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2011, 08:02:58 PM »
And Ive said 5 times this isnt about the police. He keeps making it about the police. I think that is a personal decision if to call them to make and there is no wrong answer. Im not even going to reply to anything again about calling the police. I've stated my position on that enough.

The point of this whole thing, is that it's a shitty thing to plot against someone on a different website. and cause irl problems for them. Especially if they are suicidal.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2011, 08:10:24 PM »
IF anyone seriously thought he was going to kill themselves, and they gossiped instead of calling the authorities then they should re-evaluate their own motives for their concern.

Cause the " I was genuinely concerned" shit goes out the window when it turns into a public gossip session.

"Hello Police, Yes, I'd like to report a suicide threat. No, I don't have the IP it was made from. Well, no, it wasn't made to me. What's my connection to this? Well, I run this website and somebody I banned has gone on to another website and made a suicide threat. How did I hear about it? Well, they made it to somebody on that forum who posted it on ANOTHER forum. Where are they...? ...America, somewhere? Hello? ...Hello?"

Not my gaff, I can't do a goddamned thing. I don't have the address it was made from, I don't have the time, I don't even have the original threat. It's up to the WP staff, ad they've acted.

Hey, you are the one that went on and on about reporting him to the authorities and you are the one who went on an on about how that it is your job to do so. Either you should, or you shouldnt, you need to make up your own mind about that. Thats not my beef.

Coming here and acting like a twat was your own decision and independent of what the police would do.

...I think you've misunderstood me. I said that it should be treated as if it was a real threat, because for all we know it may well be.

I did not say it was my job to do so, because it didn't happen on my forum. Stop moving the goddamned goalposts.

If it had happened on AFF, I would have reported him to his local authorities within half an hour of finding out about it. It happened on WP, so there is nothing I can do but advocate that it be taken seriously, as I have been repeating ad naseum for the past few hours.

Also, no need to make it personal. Oh, and I'm still waiting on a clarification on what precisely I'm flip-flopping on.

I dont see how I already didnt answer all of that thoroughly. I never once stated someone should call the police or have an obligation to. You are the one talking about that and in fact whenever i try to talk to you about the issue, you bring the subject of the police back into it. . I am merely asking you to take a step back, and realize this is not longer "just the internet" and to back the fuck off.

You are flip-flopping, going back and forth about contacting the authorities , and back and forth on taking a position from a mods point of view, and as a users point of view.

My whole point is that it's not "just the internet". Suicide threats must be taken seriously precisely because they are not just Internet.  Again, I've dealt with actual, serious threats of suicide, and perhaps that skews my perspective on it.

I have both a moderators point of view, and a users point of view. If you've never moderated a large site, I don't think you'll understand the mental separation you need to make, ad it's actually quite a hard one to maintain.

...Callaway has what I've said down.

I've not said Police at any time - I've said HEALTH authorities.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:15:04 PM by Pikajedi3 »

eris

« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2011, 08:14:04 PM »
This is the US, if you contact the "health authorities" about suicide they call the police.

If you need to make a mental separation, thats fine. But then dont come and unload it here. Cause people are reading.

eris

« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2011, 08:15:07 PM »
Im made my point clear, and see no point in continuing to repeat myself. Am done here.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2011, 08:20:02 PM »

My whole point is that it's not "just the internet". Suicide threats must be taken seriously precisely because they are not just Internet.  Again, I've dealt with actual, serious threats of suicide, and perhaps that skews my perspective on it.

I have both a moderators point of view, and a users point of view. If you've never moderated a large site, I don't think you'll understand the mental separation you need to make, ad it's actually quite a hard one to maintain.

...Callaway has it.

I think that people who have had to actually deal with suicide threats before may have a different perspective than people who haven't.

Psychophant

« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2011, 08:24:54 PM »
Ok, I've calmed down to the point that I can say this.  Suicide threats should always be taken seriously and I believe Pikajedi has done so and did the right thing.  BUT, as my psycho cunt ex-girlfriend found out, fake suicide threats deserve no mercy.  She got hauled off to jail and the psych eval ward after.  Her parents are now so furious at the public humiliation and the revelations of this past behavior that they have nearly cut her off any further assistance.  Her "friends" who ostracized me for leaving her are now eating crow.   In short she is getting what she deserves.   And that is what people who use suicide threats for manipulation should get....humiliated.  The thing is, she (my ex) may do it again, she's that stupid and sick.  And what may happen is that when somebody else makes a suicide threat that IS for real, they may NOT be taken seriously.  Remember the story of the boy who cried..."WOLF". 

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2011, 08:26:17 PM »

...Callaway has it.

I think that people who have had to actually deal with suicide threats before may have a different perspective than people who haven't.

I agree. I've had almost this exact argument on AFF before, when certain members disagreed with our policy of "call the fucking cops". Until you've had that responsibility and that much consequence hanging over you, I don't think you can understand.

It's like the mental separation I find myself having to make between Moderator Pikajedi and Forum User Pikajedi; until you've moderated, most people will not understand the need for it, nor how rat bastard HARD it is.

Psychophant

« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2011, 08:27:26 PM »

...Callaway has it.

You have no fucking idea!   :facepalm2:  QFT

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2011, 08:35:03 PM »
Actually, my primary complaint is with Skyblue, but I think you are acting petty and should be more professional since that is your role. I am sure it is not AFF's policy to run to I2 and complain about stuff.

I gave my professional opinion and defended it; For what it's worth, I've yet to see anybody with actual experience in these situations disagree with it.

Petty in what regard?

I may be an admin of AFF, but that does not mean I have to always wear my modhat, and I would argue that expecting me to do so is, to use your own words, petty. If I say something at AFF, it's official, carries weight and is often considered policy. If I say something here, it's just another voice in the madness.

Psychophant, I'd also like to hear what you have to say.

*edit*

We appear to have some guests spectating.

My psychospoiledbratbitch-ex-girlfriend did it to me and we got to her house, cops, ambulance her parents, the works.....what did we find,......a drunken, LAUGHING cunt who was howling with laughter at her "clever" manipulation.  She called me first, I called the the cops and the ambulance crew (I was off duty, but am back on duty since my injury--with restrictions), then her parents.   Well, when the facts became known.....I was furious, she was always good at manipulating others and had pulled this before with her parents.   This was the first time it was done with full public knowledge.  Mommy and Daddy always covered for her.  Now her parents were there with us and humiliated before all the town.  Now I had told my girlfriend (the cop) about her past and what she had done to me and others.   After this I felt no more compunctions about revealing her past behaviors to the cops and her parents.   She put lives at risk for her ego and need of attention.  I'm still furious and am seeing red as I write this.  So I'll stop here and step out.  Before I say any more.   :M

Ok, I've calmed down to the point that I can say this.  Suicide threats should always be taken seriously and I believe Pikajedi has done so and did the right thing.  BUT, as my psycho cunt ex-girlfriend found out, fake suicide threats deserve no mercy.  She got hauled off to jail and the psych eval ward after.  Her parents are now so furious at the public humiliation and the revelations of this past behavior that they have nearly cut her off any further assistance.  Her "friends" who ostracized me for leaving her are now eating crow.   In short she is getting what she deserves.   And that is what people who use suicide threats for manipulation should get....humiliated.  The thing is, she (my ex) may do it again, she's that stupid and sick.  And what may happen is that when somebody else makes a suicide threat that IS for real, they may NOT be taken seriously.  Remember the story of the boy who cried..."WOLF". 

Thanks.  I was just about to ask you what happened when the emergency responders arrived and found her treating the whole situation like it was a big joke.

I was hoping that at least she wound up getting evaluated anyway in case she really was serious and was just pretending that she had been "joking".

It's shocking that she had done this repeatedly in the past.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2011, 08:53:40 PM »
Actually, my primary complaint is with Skyblue, but I think you are acting petty and should be more professional since that is your role. I am sure it is not AFF's policy to run to I2 and complain about stuff.

I gave my professional opinion and defended it; For what it's worth, I've yet to see anybody with actual experience in these situations disagree with it.

Petty in what regard?

I may be an admin of AFF, but that does not mean I have to always wear my modhat, and I would argue that expecting me to do so is, to use your own words, petty. If I say something at AFF, it's official, carries weight and is often considered policy. If I say something here, it's just another voice in the madness.

Psychophant, I'd also like to hear what you have to say.

*edit*

We appear to have some guests spectating.

My psychospoiledbratbitch-ex-girlfriend did it to me and we got to her house, cops, ambulance her parents, the works.....what did we find,......a drunken, LAUGHING cunt who was howling with laughter at her "clever" manipulation.  She called me first, I called the the cops and the ambulance crew (I was off duty, but am back on duty since my injury--with restrictions), then her parents.   Well, when the facts became known.....I was furious, she was always good at manipulating others and had pulled this before with her parents.   This was the first time it was done with full public knowledge.  Mommy and Daddy always covered for her.  Now her parents were there with us and humiliated before all the town.  Now I had told my girlfriend (the cop) about her past and what she had done to me and others.   After this I felt no more compunctions about revealing her past behaviors to the cops and her parents.   She put lives at risk for her ego and need of attention.  I'm still furious and am seeing red as I write this.  So I'll stop here and step out.  Before I say any more.   :M

Thanks.  I was just about to ask you what happened when the emergency responders arrived and found her treating the whole situation like it was a big joke.

I was hoping that at least she wound up getting evaluated anyway in case she really was serious and was just pretending that she had been "joking".

It's shocking that she had done this repeatedly in the past.

Shocking? I'd say disgusting.

In the UK, that'd probably get you arrested for, I don't even know. There's probably a law, something like, "The Wow, What A Cock Act of 1889".

In seriousness, you'd still get sectioned.

eris

« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2011, 09:22:43 PM »
and when i say im done here, I mean I'm done posting here.

It's only a matter of time till someone would do this same thing to me, so, gonna split.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2011, 09:33:05 PM »
Sigh, this just gets more and more confusing. Where's the links to the background of this? I could search but drama goes so quickly that I don't know where to start.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #133 on: November 12, 2011, 10:08:57 PM »
and when i say im done here, I mean I'm done posting here.

It's only a matter of time till someone would do this same thing to me, so, gonna split.

What are you saying would happen to you if you continue to post here, that an admin might try to notify someone who possibly could help you if you threatened to kill yourself?

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2011, 10:38:38 PM »
Eris is going on like all the alleged plotting, bullying etc took place AFTER TM made his suicide threat, when it didn't.

I really don't care about his affiliation with Autism Speaks or any work he does for them. I highly doubt his own actions against AFF and his attention seeking on WP would be given the green light by his "employer" (if they did give him the green light that reflects on them more than him). If I was an Autism Speaks board member right now I'd see to it that he never gets to write in the AS blog ever again. Jack and Kirsten are affiliated with Autism Speaks as well but you don't see them carrying on with the same rubbish TM is to try and get publicity.

I don't know if the suicide threat is genuine or not. There was nothing anyone apart from Sky and the WP mods could do to help. V did his part with is colleagues. I think your main beef might just be with Sky. I raise an eyebrow at the fact he sent said threat to someone he knows dislikes him. If it was genuine and he followed through with it I would feel bad but not remorseful, because the reason he did it was because he couldn't stomach his own drama anymore and wanted an easy way out. The tragic result of a giant emotional meltdown he brang onto himself.

And before I get called a souless bitch or something, I've been in his exact position before. I know what it's like to have your suicide threats not taken seriously (I believe ONE person contemplated ringing an ambulance and that's it). I do know however that it was me myself that got myself into that mental mess. It was me and my own inability to emotionally handle things that made it culminate to that point.