Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120118 times)

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #2280 on: August 05, 2013, 11:23:37 AM »
Took my youngest minion to swimming lessons! She is getting better, but still terrified of jumping off the diving board.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2281 on: August 05, 2013, 03:50:03 PM »
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #2282 on: August 05, 2013, 03:59:22 PM »
Link sat next to me. He is a very standoffish little Siamese prince. :3 So his sitting next to me is flattering.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2283 on: August 05, 2013, 08:12:19 PM »
I did something so intelligent today, I blew my own mind. Then I taught someone else how to do it, and I blew their mind too.  :green:
:gopher:

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2284 on: August 05, 2013, 08:17:47 PM »
I did something so intelligent today, I blew my own mind. Then I taught someone else how to do it, and I blew their mind too.  :green:

Crikey!

Is that all you blew? ;)

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #2285 on: August 05, 2013, 09:17:57 PM »
Applied for a job :)
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2286 on: August 06, 2013, 02:49:14 AM »
Yay.. good news. My (youngest) sister called me up this morning and said she's declared healthy again. Well, she still needs to get stronger yet but she battled a quite aggressive form of cancer for more than six months and won. This morning doctors did a couple of tests and yes, the outcome was good. She still will be tested every three months, though.

Yes.  :thumbup:

Man o man.. I was so überly worried at times.

Going to buy her a bouquet of flowers (or a plant for indoors) this afternoon and bring it along this evening when I'll visit them.

Awesome.

So no aftertreatments, like decades of hormone supplements either.

Hope she'll recover well. And that she can deal ok with the long time it will take to get her strength back.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #2287 on: August 06, 2013, 03:36:20 AM »
Thank you, Hykey.

Dunno about any aftertreatments with supplements but she now has to decide.. ja, whether she's going to have her breasts 'removed' completely or not. Like, soon. Womb and ovaries has been 'removed' p/m six months ago. (sorry 'bout the/my sec wording of this)

Yestereve, visiting them, was nice though. Nice to see her with hope in her eyes again. She's so must a binnenvetter, like my dad and other sister, it struck me deep seeing her worrying so much (earlier).

Yestereve (which isn't proper English, I know) we laughed again and had a glass of wine. Cosy, nice and cheerful, it was.

Yes, hope she'll recovers well.   
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2288 on: August 06, 2013, 01:50:21 PM »
Thank you, Hykey.

Dunno about any aftertreatments with supplements but she now has to decide.. ja, whether she's going to have her breasts 'removed' completely or not. Like, soon. Womb and ovaries has been 'removed' p/m six months ago. (sorry 'bout the/my sec wording of this)

Yestereve, visiting them, was nice though. Nice to see her with hope in her eyes again. She's so must a binnenvetter, like my dad and other sister, it struck me deep seeing her worrying so much (earlier).

Yestereve (which isn't proper English, I know) we laughed again and had a glass of wine. Cosy, nice and cheerful, it was.

:hug: :thumbup:

Last I checked, "yestereve" is a word. It's archaic, though. Most Americans say "last night".

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2289 on: August 06, 2013, 03:50:37 PM »
Thank you, Hykey.

It's good to see hope and lust for life again in someone after a treatment for cancer.

Does she have a genetically disposed form of cancer?

Keep a close eye on the binnenvetter, while she decides on what to do with her breasts. Those pans of soup and good meals will very likely still be needed. What I have seen in more than one cancer patient is that after the treatment, there is finally time for the emotional roller coaster of winding down. 

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #2290 on: August 07, 2013, 05:39:58 AM »
Yes, I'm afraid so. BRCA1, the gen is called. She carries it and I might carry it myself also. Contemplating if I should have me tested for it at the moment. But ja, then, what? What difference does it make?

Well, me.. not so important.. just hope mother nature let her two daughters off the hook.

And yeah, food. Good proper food, the intake of it, is SO important. They still don't get it though. He, her husband, is basically a moron concerning this, I'm sorry to say. 'We eat well enough!' I had to shut my mouth too often, avoiding driving a wedge between us lot and not to go preaching about food for the last half year.

Well, she's making broths and soups herself now.. which I consider a good thing. Going to buy her, for sister's birthday soon, a proper chef's knife so maybe she grows a little bit more interest in cooking. Her/their kitchen knives, now, are awfully shite. Ridiculously so. Teach her to use it properly, too. Cat's claw and stuff..

Um, thinking now.. perhaps a pot with chives a/o parsley as a little hinting present could be a tadski helpful here also.   
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #2291 on: August 07, 2013, 12:27:27 PM »
Did some jogging and started going back to the gym.

I'm not aiming to enter the gun show or anything, just going to keep my weight under control.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2292 on: August 07, 2013, 12:58:59 PM »
Finished the hell hole of an attic I was working on
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2293 on: August 09, 2013, 05:36:40 PM »
Yes, I'm afraid so. BRCA1, the gen is called. She carries it and I might carry it myself also. Contemplating if I should have me tested for it at the moment. But ja, then, what? What difference does it make?

Well, me.. not so important.. just hope mother nature let her two daughters off the hook.

And yeah, food. Good proper food, the intake of it, is SO important. They still don't get it though. He, her husband, is basically a moron concerning this, I'm sorry to say. 'We eat well enough!' I had to shut my mouth too often, avoiding driving a wedge between us lot and not to go preaching about food for the last half year.

Well, she's making broths and soups herself now.. which I consider a good thing. Going to buy her, for sister's birthday soon, a proper chef's knife so maybe she grows a little bit more interest in cooking. Her/their kitchen knives, now, are awfully shite. Ridiculously so. Teach her to use it properly, too. Cat's claw and stuff..

Um, thinking now.. perhaps a pot with chives a/o parsley as a little hinting present could be a tadski helpful here also.

Your sister and BIL probably have a lot more on their mind than healthy food. Keeping themselves, and their kids sane, and as good as can be in a time this scary is more than enough to fill the day.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2294 on: August 09, 2013, 06:07:43 PM »
I got a $950 refund check from my business insurance  :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw