Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120131 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #1635 on: January 04, 2013, 12:40:04 AM »
I got a percentile rank of 80.5 on the STAT test (received the results just a few minutes ago). I'm the happiest man alive now.

What's a STAT test? Congrats, anyway, although I suppose the congrats will possibly mean more to you when I know what it is. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1636 on: January 04, 2013, 12:41:28 AM »
and considering how I managed to completely ignore the follow-up posts before asking, I probably wouldn't score very high on anything right now. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #1637 on: January 06, 2013, 04:49:17 PM »
Thanks, guys. STAT test in Australia is sort of like an entry test into some universities for adults who've been out of school for quite a while. The one I did (two months ago) was a multiple choice test of 70 questions that test how well you can read what's provided to you and answer the questions based on the given texts. Sort of like an IQ test but different in that it tests for reading comprehension and analysis skills (I think).

Also, just realized it would've gone higher had I had a better vocabulary (only 47.3 percentile rank in Verbal). But overall, this should be more than enough to get me into a course like Psychology.

Well done x

Psychology eh?   :eyebrows: i volunteer to sit on your couch for practice analysis  >:D
blah blah blah

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1638 on: January 07, 2013, 12:57:09 AM »
Well, since my goal is actually through conducting experiments, I'll be sure to treasure you as a precious experimental subject. Sort of like my number one Guinea Pig. :zoinks:

Thanks, anyhow. Your comments always make me smile.

Oh, thanks to Odeon as well.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1639 on: January 07, 2013, 05:21:00 AM »
The doctor put me on a 6-month course of oral terbinafine hydrochloride after my toenails tested positive for fungus.  The good part of it is that I should finally be able to clear up all the annoying fungal infections that have been bothering me for years and that I've been unable to permanently clear with topical creams.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1640 on: January 07, 2013, 03:25:11 PM »
Did a well-received presentation today.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1641 on: January 07, 2013, 06:31:50 PM »
More calls about work and I had a neighbor of the house I am working on ask me to give them a price to work on their house.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1642 on: January 09, 2013, 08:45:59 AM »
Several good things today:

Walking home from picking up my meds from the pharmacy, found a five pound note, just blowing down the road. Just as I'd spent some money on topping up my phone too.

My old man gave me the heads up that the guy I sometimes do metalwork for wants 100 quid worth of the bolts that are used for setting the depth guides for fret saws as used in guitar manufacture.

Old man is just setting up the lathe in the shed, so while he goes to hospital to see my mother. She hasn't been well, came down with norovirus, or something similar (aka the winter vomiting bug, rarely fatal, but extremely contagious, and will leave one essentially shitting and vomiting out of both ends simultaneously. She is recovering though.

Got a new dealer for herb. Not actually checked the guy yet though, didn't need to the night I randomly walked past the guy in town, only for him to ask if I smoked weed. I'd just picked up some methyl-AM-2201, AM-2201, and some tetramethylcyclopropanyl based synthetic cannabinoid legal smoking blend.

I figure when I have some spare cash, which will be soon, I'll check him out, just for something small, ten bag to an 8th, to make sure he is legit.

The metalwork job shouldn't take too long, haven't made any in a while,but it isn't difficult, its a pleasant way to while away the time too, I enjoy the work. 100 quid, tax free, cash in hand isn't anything to be sniffed at either :autism:
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #1643 on: January 09, 2013, 10:19:25 AM »
Several good things today:

Walking home from picking up my meds from the pharmacy, found a five pound note, just blowing down the road. Just as I'd spent some money on topping up my phone too.

My old man gave me the heads up that the guy I sometimes do metalwork for wants 100 quid worth of the bolts that are used for setting the depth guides for fret saws as used in guitar manufacture.

Old man is just setting up the lathe in the shed, so while he goes to hospital to see my mother. She hasn't been well, came down with norovirus, or something similar (aka the winter vomiting bug, rarely fatal, but extremely contagious, and will leave one essentially shitting and vomiting out of both ends simultaneously. She is recovering though.

Got a new dealer for herb. Not actually checked the guy yet though, didn't need to the night I randomly walked past the guy in town, only for him to ask if I smoked weed. I'd just picked up some methyl-AM-2201, AM-2201, and some tetramethylcyclopropanyl based synthetic cannabinoid legal smoking blend.

I figure when I have some spare cash, which will be soon, I'll check him out, just for something small, ten bag to an 8th, to make sure he is legit.

The metalwork job shouldn't take too long, haven't made any in a while,but it isn't difficult, its a pleasant way to while away the time too, I enjoy the work. 100 quid, tax free, cash in hand isn't anything to be sniffed at either :autism:

I'm sure you will spend it wisely.  Or give some to your poor old dad to help out your poor old mom.  Yer a good kid like that.   :thumbup:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #1644 on: January 09, 2013, 11:19:57 AM »
First grade for last semester posted.  :headbang2:

Will spend all day refreshing that page looking for the rest though they might not come for another week :(

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1645 on: January 09, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »
Oh, my old man does the same work himself actually MLA. He is helping me out learning the trade, as he used to make guitars back in the day. He has been teaching me how to set up, maintain the lathe, do the welding where needed, etc.

As for what I intend to spend it on...aside from the essentials, food/drink and the like, I'm going to be investing most of it into projects I have going that should make me more money. Well, all but one of my projects. The other is for myself, working on a novel nootropic, DM-235, one of the AMPAkines, intended to facilitate learning and memory acquisition. Not sure as that would sell, although I guess it might, amongst those sort of people who currently use the 'racetams, anticholinesterases, and other such cognitive enhancers. As DM-235 is, to the best of my knowledge, not available anywhere from any of the online nootropic vendors. Looks very good on paper, and the research journals I've been reading on the stuff have produced some excellent results in rats, with a very good toxicological profile.

Actually, if I could convince her, I think my mom would very likely benefit from it, as her memory and cognitive abilities have really declined over the past few years, and I'd be happy to share it with her once the synthesis is complete.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #1646 on: January 09, 2013, 02:13:59 PM »
Oh, my old man does the same work himself actually MLA. He is helping me out learning the trade, as he used to make guitars back in the day. He has been teaching me how to set up, maintain the lathe, do the welding where needed, etc.

As for what I intend to spend it on...aside from the essentials, food/drink and the like, I'm going to be investing most of it into projects I have going that should make me more money. Well, all but one of my projects. The other is for myself, working on a novel nootropic, DM-235, one of the AMPAkines, intended to facilitate learning and memory acquisition. Not sure as that would sell, although I guess it might, amongst those sort of people who currently use the 'racetams, anticholinesterases, and other such cognitive enhancers. As DM-235 is, to the best of my knowledge, not available anywhere from any of the online nootropic vendors. Looks very good on paper, and the research journals I've been reading on the stuff have produced some excellent results in rats, with a very good toxicological profile.

Actually, if I could convince her, I think my mom would very likely benefit from it, as her memory and cognitive abilities have really declined over the past few years, and I'd be happy to share it with her once the synthesis is complete.

Keep it up!  Most of the big pharmacological breakthroughs come from autistic guys in their parent's basements.  You would be shocked at the breakthroughs I have read about on this site, truly amazing stuff.  Did you know that there is a pizza delivery man who is going to build dirigibles that will put a space elevator in orbit?

P7PSP

« Reply #1647 on: January 09, 2013, 02:32:16 PM »

Using your mother, who is already in bad health, as a guinea pig for your basement pharmacology experiments sounds like a real shitty idea to me.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1648 on: January 09, 2013, 07:41:37 PM »
The compound in question isn't one of my inventions, the research has already been done.

I'm running the synthesis for me, but by weight, its highly potent. Even doing a pilot run on the scale of 8g (the amount of piperazine I have handy for the starting precursor), that will leave a good few thousand doses, assuming no dramatically low-yielding step somewhere down the line.

I just thought it would be a good thing to suggest it, explain it to my mom, and make the offer. Rather than sitting on something that might be of help to her.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1649 on: January 09, 2013, 07:56:54 PM »
Made good headway on my guitar/guitar making tool parts order this evening.

Few hours work at the lathe, aside from being an enjoyable evening. halfway or sp towards finishing the job.