Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120131 times)

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #1275 on: October 19, 2012, 10:37:07 AM »
I was offered a very reasonable increase in salary, plus some additional benefits, at my current job. The 12-yo was at his humblest and we had a long chat about my notice and what he could do to reverse it. It turns out he was able to do a lot when pressed hard enough. It seems that my service are important to the company.

Anyway, I have decided to stay after all.
I hope he stands by his word and becomes easier to work with. Sometimes after the first meeting, it's easier going forward to confront if things start to slip.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1276 on: October 19, 2012, 11:32:35 AM »
I was offered a very reasonable increase in salary, plus some additional benefits, at my current job. The 12-yo was at his humblest and we had a long chat about my notice and what he could do to reverse it. It turns out he was able to do a lot when pressed hard enough. It seems that my service are important to the company.

Congratulations (I think?)

I think it was important for me to do this. I don't know if it is enough but I think I'm in control now, rather than the 12-yo.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1277 on: October 19, 2012, 11:34:08 AM »

I hope he stands by his word and becomes easier to work with. Sometimes after the first meeting, it's easier going forward to confront if things start to slip.

Yes, it might become easier now. Then again, there's no telling if he can change--or if I can, in that I can't really go on hating his guts if I am to work there.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1278 on: October 19, 2012, 09:29:22 PM »
I just went out to the cashpoint to check my balance, and on the way, I found a full packet of rolling baccy that somebody had obviously dropped.

Right as I was  running low on baccy too.

Went to pick up my meds, managed to get everything a few days early, and the doc I saw thought that the one-off short term rx for some nitrazepam (a strong benzo, decently long acting, and to which  I don't have a nasty paradoxical rxn to, as I do to some other  benzos)  was a longterm new med, and gave me a refill without my asking.

I only asked my regular GP for a few days worth last time I saw him, as I was really getting hit hard with an overload, asked for a single dose at the time to help bring me out of it, and rather than that he gave me a few days worth. Saw a different doc this time, who didn't realize I was only asking my regular guy for enough to end the overload I was having and gave me some more.

Didn't even know she had refilled  the rx until I  got home from the pharmacy. Sure as hades not complaining though!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 09:40:08 PM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1279 on: October 20, 2012, 07:21:45 AM »

Congratulations (I think?)

I think it was important for me to do this. I don't know if it is enough but I think I'm in control now, rather than the 12-yo.

Things like this make that my middle brother is still happy at the firm he has been working for for years. Whenever he had problems, he confronted the staff with a valid job option elsewhere. And, they never wanted to get rid of him.

So, this could pan out really well.

Being in control is :arrr:

Have heard the vision of am employer on this once too. She was shocked seeing someone nearly gone, and, things changed for the better for both employee and employer. 
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1280 on: October 20, 2012, 09:00:03 AM »
Best wishes to your son, odeon.  Hope he enjoyed his birthday :2thumbsup:

Thanks. :)

I think he did enjoy it. He was in a terrific mood all day.

That always is a good sign.

Belated congratulations.

No hangover aftermath?

Nah, just a little disagreement with a teacher. Nothing serious.

disagreements with teachers are :arrr:

This one was, certainly. Can you believe a teacher that, in the morning when the receiver is at his grumpiest, asks if the autistic kid in question hates him?

"Do you hate me?"  sounds pathetic enough coming from emo drunks.   :fiveshots:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1281 on: October 20, 2012, 09:01:34 AM »

I hope he stands by his word and becomes easier to work with.  Sometimes after the first meeting, it's easier going forward to confront if things start to slip.

^ That's true, if he fails to keep his word, you can remind him what he promised.  :thumbup:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1282 on: October 20, 2012, 09:08:37 AM »
  My headache is going away, more :coffee: should do the trick!

People forget.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1283 on: October 20, 2012, 09:51:55 AM »

Wow, I didn't see that coming.  I'm glad that you are valuable enough to your company for them to make you a good counteroffer and for the 12 year old to eat humble pie.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1284 on: October 20, 2012, 04:46:31 PM »
Did well out at the tag sales and I just got an offer of $475 on a chair I paid $5 for
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #1285 on: October 20, 2012, 05:38:47 PM »

Do you view the 12 year old in a better light now?
blah blah blah

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1286 on: October 20, 2012, 06:25:46 PM »
I just reset my modem, with help from ATT tech support because I couldn't remember ID or password.  Instead of running as slow as glass it's now zipping along.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1287 on: October 20, 2012, 06:30:16 PM »
I just reset my modem, with help from ATT tech support because I couldn't remember ID or password.  Instead of running as slow as glass it's now zipping along.

:plus:    Don't you love it when your computer is nice and fast?  Good for you!

People forget.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1288 on: October 20, 2012, 10:12:29 PM »
After an early appointment with a "new" Orthopedic surgeon to be briefed on the eight X-Rays I had two weeks ago, he does not want to commit more surgery upon my new hip joint, yet.
He wants to perform another series of Physical Therapy sessions, his way, for me.

I suppose that is good. :-\

Physical therapy is better than surgery, if it works.

At least you will know that you did everything you could to avoid further surgery if it does come down to more surgery in the end.

Been down that road.

Remember, I spent (I really do mean spent) a full year in physical therapy, about the time you guys stopped seeing me around as often. I was helped a bit and I learned some things to help with the musculature atrophy, but overall the pain is worse.

The following surgery last summer has helped get the joint back to an acceptable range of motion , but the pain is still there.

This is why I have returned to (A NEW) orthopedic surgeon. I am trying to find how to eliminate the pain that wakes me up, destroying my sleep, four or five times each night.

:violin:

Whatever! Do not cry too much for me. I am old and pain just barely feels like all that much these days, but losing sleep (FUCK), when I barely have ever gotten any sleep is a BIG deal.

I just want to go back to getting four or five hours of decent sleep per night.

FFS :police:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1289 on: October 20, 2012, 11:37:13 PM »
I know how that feels, you have my sympathies. I too get kept awake by pain, my hip and knee in my case, have you considered trying corticosteroid shots? I just had two recently, one in my knee and the other into my hip joint. They didn't stop either hurting, although they have indeed eased my pain some. BUT, there has been a substantial and rapid increase in my mobility, my overall stiffness has abated quite a bit.

Might be worth a try.

Sleep deprivation does not do me good either, I need at LEAST 10-12 hours a night, any significant sleep deprivation affects me  pretty badly. Speaking of which, as soon as I finish devouring my book, I need to go and hit the deck.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.