Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120114 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #8700 on: December 01, 2023, 01:07:44 PM »
Got my car back after some major repairs.  And got a letter from the doctor who has done my endoscopies saying that my allergy signs are down after being on an acid reflux inhibitor and I have had no problems swallowing food since the last dilation of my esophagus!  Enjoying food again with minimal paranoia is great.   :devour:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8701 on: December 01, 2023, 01:31:20 PM »
Got an e-mail to schedule a job interview on the phone... for a position I actually want this time  :o

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8702 on: December 01, 2023, 02:08:49 PM »
Got an e-mail to schedule a job interview on the phone... for a position I actually want this time  :o

Good luck!   :thumbup:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8703 on: December 01, 2023, 02:10:37 PM »

Good luck!   :thumbup:

:viking: <----- me being brave

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8704 on: December 01, 2023, 07:32:43 PM »
Good on you, Genesis. Hope the call goes well. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8705 on: December 01, 2023, 07:41:31 PM »
Good on you, Genesis. Hope the call goes well. :)

Thank you

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #8706 on: December 05, 2023, 10:32:05 PM »
FINALLY got my tire replaced.  Made a little (very little) money.  And my appointment with my doctor is tomorrow.  I can finally get refills to my medication.  I ran out of bicalutamide (my anti-androgen of choice) and MY GOD the smell.  The SMELL.  I get out of the shower and I ALREADY SMELL.  And then it just keeps getting worse until I shower again.  Plus my entire body feels weird and I'm pretty sure I'm sleeping worse.  And I'm pretty sure my bloodwork is going to be off as a result and also I was supposed to do an over night fast but I had some reeses cups just slightly less than two hours before my blood was drawn.  So that's giving me a ton of anxiety but I'm focusing on not expecting the worst. 

I'm really not proud of how I behaved with money today but I got myself some nice Chinese food which made me feel better.  And I like to tell myself it's more nutricious than other cuisines (it has more different kinds of vegetables in it!).  Got my laundry done.  And I'm almost done writing a letter to an old friend. 

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #8707 on: December 05, 2023, 10:37:55 PM »
Also this wasn't today, but two good things that are going to happen:

1 I will get a paper copy of my bank statement in the mail
2 I will get a paper copy of my insurance policy in the mail. 

I don't know whn for sure I'll get them, but I'll have them on hand before my appointment with the Michigan DMV to prove my address.  Now I just need to get ahold of a jump stick so I can print out a paper request form for a duplicate title to my car and I can get my first michigan plates after living here for 12 months.  I hope I don't get fined for that, I really do.  They say it's "required" to get all of this out of the way as soon as you're in the state but I just haven't had the extra money to pay the fees or the mental capacity or physical energy or anything else. 

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8708 on: December 05, 2023, 10:59:03 PM »
Something similar happened to me in that I never got my licence renewal in the mail so I was driving without a licence for three months. If police had pulled me over and discovered that, I would have been in big trouble. I only found out because I was picking up a parcel from the post office and the person who looked at my ID (drivers licence) told me it had expired.

Good on you for getting your tyre fixed. And Chinese food is always a win.

Today I received 3 shirts in the mail - two Star Trek ones and a Mandalorian one.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #8709 on: December 06, 2023, 12:30:08 AM »
Something similar happened to me in that I never got my licence renewal in the mail so I was driving without a licence for three months. If police had pulled me over and discovered that, I would have been in big trouble. I only found out because I was picking up a parcel from the post office and the person who looked at my ID (drivers licence) told me it had expired.

Good on you for getting your tyre fixed. And Chinese food is always a win.

Today I received 3 shirts in the mail - two Star Trek ones and a Mandalorian one.

I've gotten pulled over several times.  One cop asked for my registration and insurance.  I gave her my registration but I didn't have proof of insurance (pretty sure that technically I was still insured at that point, but I didn't have the paper in my car).  I'm pretty sure she forgot about it because I made her laugh.  But she wasn't the only one who asked for my insurance.  I think my out of state plates leaves them a little unsure how to proceed for some reason.  Like maybe they don't think Tennessee requires you to have car insurance (they do, but don't spread it around too much eh heh heh hehehe).  We'll see what happens when I have Michigan plates.  I think I'm going to get vanity plates.  I'm extra enough to do that, it's really more of an anomaly that I haven't.  Well, I don't have any tattoos either even though I want some.  Lotta stuff for me to get around to doing.  Like growing a real ass.  Instread of just chunks of meat on bone like I've always been. 

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8710 on: December 18, 2023, 04:04:04 PM »
Beer on a Monday happened.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8711 on: December 18, 2023, 08:48:10 PM »

Brandy for me!

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8712 on: December 19, 2023, 07:19:16 PM »
Boba Tea on a Tuesday for me... and no I don't regret it

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8713 on: December 20, 2023, 04:21:01 PM »

Brandy for me!

Wednesday beer happened. I'm (theoretically) off tomorrow so I thought a beer is a good idea.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8714 on: December 20, 2023, 05:19:14 PM »

Brandy for me!

Wednesday beer happened. I'm (theoretically) off tomorrow so I thought a beer is a good idea.

Well today, with my esophageal issues set in order, I celebrated the Solstice with a Goblet of Burgundy wine!   :wine:  A Wiccan goblet that Amber bought for me!   8)