Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120117 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #8520 on: March 27, 2023, 01:18:35 PM »
My employers didn't sack me. I honestly thought they would even though it would have been very unfair.
Why would they do that to you?
Since I broke my arm there, they've had someone else do my job. I thought they'd be happy with them and not need me anymore. But I guess I was wrong. Which is good for me.

Oh :(

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8521 on: March 29, 2023, 03:40:33 PM »
Emailed the post office Saturday about their lame excuses for not delivering a package that was supposedly going to be delivered then. Today a lady called me, apologising and asking if they could somehow make it up to me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8522 on: March 29, 2023, 10:11:21 PM »
Emailed the post office Saturday about their lame excuses for not delivering a package that was supposedly going to be delivered then. Today a lady called me, apologising and asking if they could somehow make it up to me.

I've never heard of such a thing. I would have been totally caught in their headlights on that.  :lol1: Did you suggest a reparation?  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8523 on: March 30, 2023, 01:03:58 AM »
I would have asked for some stamps.  :indeed:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8524 on: March 30, 2023, 05:04:56 PM »
I might have asked for a large statue of myself in the parking lot.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #8525 on: March 31, 2023, 07:05:24 AM »

You might be able to get a voucher. Since they used to do that for lost post, it might work for that.
:dog:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8526 on: April 04, 2023, 02:21:31 PM »

I've never heard of such a thing. I would have been totally caught in their headlights on that.  :lol1: Did you suggest a reparation?  :orly:

I told her it's fine, I just want them to have a word with the culprits, maybe teach them how to read maps and shit. They don't have the funding so this will continue to happen.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8527 on: April 04, 2023, 02:22:22 PM »
I would have asked for some stamps.  :indeed:

:rofl:

I'd then have stamps until the end of time.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8528 on: April 04, 2023, 02:23:11 PM »
I might have asked for a large statue of myself in the parking lot.  :zoinks:

This I have to admit I did not do. A giant gopher statue would be brilliant.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8529 on: April 20, 2023, 09:56:25 PM »
Fixed mower #1...a recent trash picked rear wheel drive self-propelled Troy Bilt monster with no compression.

Head gasket, oil change, carb cleaned.

...on to the next.

We picked up a bunch of them recently, they are lined up two rows deep under the carport.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8530 on: April 21, 2023, 06:38:23 AM »
^ Awesome. I love being able to refurb garbage and make it usable again.

Do you "re-home" these for some cash or are you going to use it up yourself.
I've done it both ways with my speaker stuff.
Finding anything worth a plug nickel on the side of the road these days is rare.

I am usually OK with finding cut down trees and grabbing some free firewood. Plenty of that, but not much else around here.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8531 on: April 21, 2023, 09:12:45 PM »
^ Awesome. I love being able to refurb garbage and make it usable again.

Do you "re-home" these for some cash or are you going to use it up yourself.
I've done it both ways with my speaker stuff.
Finding anything worth a plug nickel on the side of the road these days is rare.

I am usually OK with finding cut down trees and grabbing some free firewood. Plenty of that, but not much else around here.

Husband cuts grass over bar/friends...probably having him take this one to park wherever he wants. Don't like him loading...unloading them by himself...some of those self propelled aren't too light anymore.

$100 flip if I sold it. Two just like it online now at $150-100...I'll probably flip a couple though. I've got 4 Shark vacuums and one Kirby sitting too. Shark vacuums retail for $125-200+ depending on model now. They're flipping for $50+...I'm happy to shove them out the door for less depending on how much time it takes me to clean and go over them....3 like new gas blowers I need to tune up for fall laying around next to a decent little snowblower too. 

You have to dig deep these days, but the money is still there. People are unbelievably wasteful, even now...and hate to say it...a lot of foreclosures/evictions still happening around here. The scavenger life is somewhat depressing at times, but vultures need to eat too, and I try to give back as much as I can.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8532 on: April 22, 2023, 06:47:51 AM »
 :2thumbsup:

Great going.

I see some value sometimes, but I am always in the middle of something and seldom have the time to stop. I would need to make scrounging more of a priority and just take off into the right neighborhoods AND get there first.
There is quite a bit of scavenging competition.

We have a huge Mexican or South Of The Border-ites population living here these days and those folk are generally damn good scroungers! In some cases that is a major part of their income, fixing things to buy, sell or trade with.

It is difficult to compete with those guys doing this as a job to support a family.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 06:50:11 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8533 on: April 22, 2023, 03:31:36 PM »
A fabulous burger happened.

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #8534 on: April 22, 2023, 09:21:49 PM »
I survived a work night at walmart.............and I don't even get a fucking t-shirt to show for it!  <harumph>
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant