Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120128 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #8370 on: September 23, 2022, 01:04:23 PM »
Carlas bike chain fell off while she was riding it up a hill.  Took it the bike shop today and the guy there did a quick assessment and fix for no charge.  We're regular customers.  And I found a quarter in the parking lot.   8)  Oh and I bought some books! :book:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8371 on: September 23, 2022, 05:41:58 PM »
My daughter took things from the pantry, fridge and freezer and made a super quick mock up chicken Parmesan meal for us all.
It was delicious. I am proud of her. Not very many years ago she would not even try "new" foods.
Now she "invents" them!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8372 on: September 24, 2022, 12:44:56 AM »
Heard hail on my pergola roof for the first time :snowman:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8373 on: September 27, 2022, 09:49:31 PM »
This was last night, but when I got home from work, Kayleigh surprised me with Chinese food. Here, it's expensive and very good. We have lots of leftovers so guess what I'll be having for dinner?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8374 on: September 28, 2022, 04:09:50 AM »
This was last night, but when I got home from work, Kayleigh surprised me with Chinese food. Here, it's expensive and very good. We have lots of leftovers so guess what I'll be having for dinner?

I used to not be a fan of Asian food, but there's a New York style Chinese restaurant near us that has the most awesome everything. We rarely ever have take out, but if we do Chinese food is my first choice.  :thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8375 on: September 28, 2022, 08:11:18 PM »
I used to not be a fan of Asian food, but there's a New York style Chinese restaurant near us that has the most awesome everything. We rarely ever have take out, but if we do Chinese food is my first choice.  :thumbup:
What makes it New York style?

Special fried rice and sweet and sour pork are two of my favourites. I also like their mixed vegetables and lemon chicken.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8376 on: September 29, 2022, 01:56:53 AM »
What makes it New York style?

Special fried rice and sweet and sour pork are two of my favourites. I also like their mixed vegetables and lemon chicken.

I think it's referred to as New York style because that's where the style originated. It's basically Americanized food, and the menu most commonly found in any Chinese takout in the US. I think I used to not be a fan because I'm actually not a fan. Growing up I only had a small few experiences with Chinese food, and they were either in authentic restaurants, or more traditional style dishes my mom cooked at home. As a young adult there was an authentic Thai restaurant in our town, but I never had Americanized Chinese takeout until well into adulthood.  :dunno:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 02:04:48 AM by Gopher Gary »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8377 on: September 30, 2022, 02:03:29 PM »
It's Friday.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8378 on: October 02, 2022, 02:55:48 PM »
Something not so good turned out good. A bowl slipped from my hands this morning when I was cleaning up after breakfast, and it banged hard on the side edge of the stovetop. When I picked it up I saw tiny white flecks on the countertop, so I assumed I had chipped the bowl. I couldn't find any chips on the bowl, then I noticed it had chipped the enamel on the stove and made an ugly black mark. I whipped out my new handy-dandy paint pen and touched it up. It's not a perfect match, but I always say a mismatched white spot is less noticeable than an dark spot and that was definitely true about the stovetop. That made me think of the small scratches on my dryer, so I touched those up too and that was a much better color match. A couple spots look like they need a second coat from close up but just standing there looking at it, it looks brand new. :hadron:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8379 on: October 02, 2022, 03:30:22 PM »
Got my Covid booster, the Moderna one.   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Online Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8380 on: October 04, 2022, 12:29:30 PM »
 :plus: eating sensible again! YAY!!!!  :LOL:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8381 on: October 04, 2022, 01:42:50 PM »
Had a fairly frank discussion with the manager and convinced him to hire the person we interviewed on Friday last week. She's going to be a brilliant addition to the team. :woohoo:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8382 on: October 13, 2022, 12:53:55 PM »
My car repair is done and done ahead of time.  Another stress point off my mind.   8)

Online Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8383 on: October 13, 2022, 01:06:01 PM »
Found a sensible turkey sandwich... 35g of protein  :o

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8384 on: October 13, 2022, 06:29:37 PM »
Both good and funny. Sugarbutt has been sick and was feeling chilled today, so he asked if Wal-Mart had any flannel shirts. I asked why he needs a flannel shirt? He said he only has one but it's old and has a hole. So I pulled out the package I just received in the mail two days ago, handed it to him, and said Merry Christmas. He was delighted and he's all snuggled up on the sofa in his new flannel shirt. Now I need to figure out something else I know he wants, to get him for Christmas. :lol1: