Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120123 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #8355 on: September 13, 2022, 07:33:29 PM »
^ Ahh, Colorbond "Deep Ocean". All the trim accents on the outside of my new place are that colour.
I quite like the colour. It's better than beige, which is what the people across the road put up. The accents on our place are blue too, but a bit lighter than the fence. Well we can't have everything. ;) The rest of our place is cream brick (blech) with accents of red brick. Is your place the same?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #8356 on: September 13, 2022, 08:10:09 PM »
Enjoyed some wine on my day.   :wine:  I've earned it!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8357 on: September 13, 2022, 08:53:19 PM »
You sure have. I hope you had a happy birthday. :)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8358 on: September 14, 2022, 06:40:34 AM »
^ Ahh, Colorbond "Deep Ocean". All the trim accents on the outside of my new place are that colour.
I quite like the colour. It's better than beige, which is what the people across the road put up. The accents on our place are blue too, but a bit lighter than the fence. Well we can't have everything. ;) The rest of our place is cream brick (blech) with accents of red brick. Is your place the same?

I know all the colorbond colours lol. My place is a light sandy colour brick. Deep ocean garage door, roof gutters and window frames, and my front door is painted the same colour.
My back fence is cream though.
You can usually tell the age of a neighbourhood judging by how much Colorbond "Classic Cream" there is on the house facades :P
I wanted to get rid of it so bad at my old place but strata screwed their noses up at my other colour suggestions.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8359 on: September 14, 2022, 07:54:14 AM »
You sure have. I hope you had a happy birthday. :)

Thanks, Renaeden!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8360 on: September 14, 2022, 08:35:47 PM »
^ :thumbup:

I know all the colorbond colours lol. My place is a light sandy colour brick. Deep ocean garage door, roof gutters and window frames, and my front door is painted the same colour.
You can usually tell the age of a neighbourhood judging by how much Colorbond "Classic Cream" there is on the house facades :P
I wanted to get rid of it so bad at my old place but strata screwed their noses up at my other colour suggestions.
Do you have to deal with strata where you are now? I have in the past. Once I got into trouble for putting up a clothes line because I didn't ask them first. So petty.

The colour of our fence is growing on me. The reason it's blue is because the businesses next door have it as their accent colour. Their main colour is grey.

The only thing I don't like is the gap the fence guy left between us and the neighbour behind us. The small border fence doesn't reach the blue fence. So the cats can get through. Rowan demonstrated this quite happily.

We have an inspection next week so I'll show them then.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8361 on: September 16, 2022, 03:08:07 AM »
^ :thumbup:

Do you have to deal with strata where you are now? I have in the past. Once I got into trouble for putting up a clothes line because I didn't ask them first. So petty.

The colour of our fence is growing on me. The reason it's blue is because the businesses next door have it as their accent colour. Their main colour is grey.

The only thing I don't like is the gap the fence guy left between us and the neighbour behind us. The small border fence doesn't reach the blue fence. So the cats can get through. Rowan demonstrated this quite happily.

We have an inspection next week so I'll show them then.

Yes I'm still in a strata but only 4 lots now. No issues so far, touch wood. Though the neighborhood FB group for the whole estate hates me and my car  :zoinks:
Not sure what the neighbours themselves think, not that it matters as I have no choice but to start a V8 every morning with a cold engine, and their main bedroom is next to my garage :laugh:
They can only complain about things if they see or hear them. It's pretty private here so I can flout the rules a bit.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8362 on: September 16, 2022, 08:13:59 PM »
I like your car even though I've never heard it. :)

We're in a lot of four as well. But we rent. We're closest to the road but my car is hidden from view. I'm pretty sure our nearest neighbour hates me slamming my car's doors (because he starts shouting incoherently) but it's an old car and its doors won't close unless they're slammed.

We have another issue - the carport gate. When our fence blew over, the gate came off its hinges. And it's a heavy metal gate. It where we take our bins through to the road. I've been taking the bins through next doctor's gate via where the fence blew down because I've been avoiding our gate. I reported this but the housing association hasn't done anything.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8363 on: September 18, 2022, 04:52:24 PM »
Made to chapter 4 of Crime and Punishment... so far an interesting read

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8364 on: September 19, 2022, 09:10:55 PM »
Even though I'm tired this morning, I still did ok at the gym.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #8365 on: September 20, 2022, 09:20:37 AM »
I haven’t been to the gym in years! I used to love going. I think my favourite piece of equipment was the cross-trainer. I used to like using the weights too.
:dog:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8366 on: September 20, 2022, 07:28:12 PM »
I haven’t been to the gym in years! I used to love going. I think my favourite piece of equipment was the cross-trainer. I used to like using the weights too.
They don't have a cross-trainer but they do have a rowing machine and an exercise bike. It's a very small gym because it's at a physiotherapy place. There's about 6 of us who go to the Tuesday morning session. We have a physiotherapist who oversees what we do and gives us suggestions for new exercises so we don't get stuck doing the same thing all the time.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8367 on: September 21, 2022, 02:48:18 PM »
Spent time with Dad... though afterwards he got himself sick again :(

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8368 on: September 21, 2022, 05:14:29 PM »
Carla and I had a nice day off together and did a shopping "date".  Tres romantique! :eyelash:  ;)

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8369 on: September 21, 2022, 05:56:28 PM »
I'm hiding in my room (again)