Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120118 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #8340 on: September 03, 2022, 02:34:49 PM »
Yoshi cooperated when I gave him his meds when I woke up. He's recovering from an injury since earlier last week. Right now he's on antibiotics and is wearing a cone until he heals up.
What happened to him?

He got into a fight... only I don't know with whom and/or what... I took him to the vet, and she noticed some weird bleeding around his tail and his face. They got him fixed up, and my mom helped with paying the bill at the vet, whereas I paid for the follow-up appointment.

I'm being extra cautious with him.

Oy, I hope he turns out ok!  Pets are family!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8341 on: September 03, 2022, 03:14:08 PM »
Yoshi cooperated when I gave him his meds when I woke up. He's recovering from an injury since earlier last week. Right now he's on antibiotics and is wearing a cone until he heals up.
What happened to him?

He got into a fight... only I don't know with whom and/or what... I took him to the vet, and she noticed some weird bleeding around his tail and his face. They got him fixed up, and my mom helped with paying the bill at the vet, whereas I paid for the follow-up appointment.

He's doing good right now... just a little clingy, and he isn't fighting me when I give him the antibiotic ointment he needs on the infected area. So I'm happy that he's content right now... because that's what matters.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8342 on: September 03, 2022, 06:28:02 PM »
^Is Yoshi sterilised? Because toms that aren't tend to get into more fights.

I hope he heals quickly. :hug:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8343 on: September 03, 2022, 06:39:52 PM »
What happened to him?

He's doing good right now... just a little clingy, and he isn't fighting me when I give him the antibiotic ointment he needs on the infected area. So I'm happy that he's content right now... because that's what matters.

He knows you are doing something good for him. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8344 on: September 03, 2022, 07:15:50 PM »
^Is Yoshi sterilised? Because toms that aren't tend to get into more fights.

I hope he heals quickly. :hug:

He was neutered when I adopted him. The only time I saw a fight was when he was in what looked like a turf war with the gray cat in the neighborhood that wonders everywhere.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8345 on: September 03, 2022, 07:16:23 PM »
What happened to him?

Yeah... and he knows he has bribe(s) in advance afterwards ;-) lol

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8346 on: September 03, 2022, 08:02:54 PM »
What happened to him?

Treats work well with any pet!   :2thumbsup:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8347 on: September 04, 2022, 01:17:27 PM »
What happened to him?

Even sociopathic budgies, and dwarf hamsters that have mental issues.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8348 on: September 04, 2022, 02:32:23 PM »
What happened to him?

Even sociopathic budgies, and dwarf hamsters that have mental issues.

The way to any critters heart is thru its stomach!   ;)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8349 on: September 05, 2022, 02:31:41 PM »
Today was an awesome day. :woohoo: This morning Sugarbutt and I rode around hitting the local thrift shops, looking for a kitchen table and chairs. We've been looking on marketplace for months but the few times we found one we like, the seller never responded. We didn't find anything in the thrift shops but I wasn't really disappointed, because the one I really wanted was sitting on marketplace waiting for a response. I told Sugarbutt I thought he might not be getting responses because the sellers were always female, and maybe they were single and felt sketchy about having a random man in their house. When we got back from the thrift shops I told him to send another message on marketplace and this time to say, my wife really likes this table and chairs, can we come by and pick it up. He got a response right away so we drove over and bought it. I spent the afternoon giving it a thorough cleaning. It matches our kitchen perfectly and we love it. :heart:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8350 on: September 05, 2022, 07:53:41 PM »
^ :plus:

This morning's journey to the hospital in peak hour traffic and rain went well and I even found a parking spot straight away.

CT scan was fine, I just had to take my bra off. I was allowed to keep my shoes on! It was a chest CT scan so I had to follow breathing instructions. Felt like I was in there for ages.

Then I drove home in more rain.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8351 on: September 05, 2022, 08:18:39 PM »
Getting a good soaking rain after reaching extreme drought conditions.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8352 on: September 05, 2022, 09:02:57 PM »
Had a friend come over for a visit.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8353 on: September 13, 2022, 02:11:42 AM »
The new fence is finally up. It's metal and it's blue. It's higher than our previous fence. I don't think it will be blown over anytime soon. :)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8354 on: September 13, 2022, 04:00:52 AM »
^ Ahh, Colorbond "Deep Ocean". All the trim accents on the outside of my new place are that colour.