Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120137 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #8250 on: April 22, 2022, 09:07:03 PM »
I finished, yesterday, some corner bass traps. Kind of an internet conglomeration, many sites for info gathering.

I used 705 material to form curved front corner traps. Now I have them floor to ceiling in my front wall corners. A number of 703 wall hangers placed on the front wall and one side of the room where a blank wall used to be.
Other side is all windows with fancy blinds and thick drapes.
Floor is half inch jute pad (EXPENSIVE, these days) with fake wool unbacked woven rug over it.

Yet to address the ceiling ...

It is actually sounding really good in here at this early stage.

Switched out my open back 2-15" plus 8"speakers for now. Just using the Yamaha NS-5 studio monitors powered by McIntosh MC2500 via tube preamp. Source is either a tube output modified Sony 385 CD player or a Dual 604 turntable. Sometimes my old kludged music server, running XP, but NOT connected to the internet.

I have managed to rid my space of all the extra gear sitting around in the way, unused.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 09:13:10 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8251 on: April 26, 2022, 09:00:48 AM »
I'm posting from my new computer (managed to get Win 10 on it thursday night).
Couldn't remember the password for here till today (damn saved passwords making me forget them lol)

I would have posted from work in my absence these past few weeks but the work computer seems to block this site based on the keyword "sex"  :autism:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8252 on: April 26, 2022, 07:20:34 PM »
Good to see you, Charlotte. :)

New computer, yay!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #8253 on: April 26, 2022, 09:10:53 PM »
So my schedule for working at walmart was 3-7 pm.........what's good about it?   I cleaned my area, grabbed my equipment and was headed out at 7 pm.  My supervisor comes out to the back and says, "There's still more stuff to be done out on the floor!".  So I respond, truthfully, "My shift just ended!"  She goes "oh".    :laugh:  Just another shithead who thinks I am dumb and stupid in this bloody world.  If it's on the computer schedule, that's what I work, no more no less.  This same supervisor has yelled at me, mocked me and derided me..............no apology, nothing.  I owe her nothing!  I owe walmart nothing, I go in, do my job and go home.  And eat a delicious supper and have some wine.  Life is good when I hold the boundaries firm. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8254 on: April 26, 2022, 09:13:42 PM »
It was a lot easier today... when overthinking isn't involved, you know it's a good day.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8255 on: April 26, 2022, 11:39:01 PM »
I made an appointment for respiratory tests with barely a problem. I hate making phone calls but I had to do it. They won't be happening until late May.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8256 on: April 27, 2022, 05:58:48 AM »
Life is good when I hold the boundaries firm.

I wish someone could explain that to our current administration.
1.3 million illegals entering the country since January is not a firm boundary.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8257 on: April 27, 2022, 08:58:16 AM »
So my schedule for working at walmart was 3-7 pm.........what's good about it?   I cleaned my area, grabbed my equipment and was headed out at 7 pm.  My supervisor comes out to the back and says, "There's still more stuff to be done out on the floor!".  So I respond, truthfully, "My shift just ended!"  She goes "oh".    :laugh:  Just another shithead who thinks I am dumb and stupid in this bloody world.  If it's on the computer schedule, that's what I work, no more no less.  This same supervisor has yelled at me, mocked me and derided me..............no apology, nothing.  I owe her nothing!  I owe walmart nothing, I go in, do my job and go home.  And eat a delicious supper and have some wine.  Life is good when I hold the boundaries firm.

This.

The more you give, the more they want.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8258 on: April 27, 2022, 09:46:37 AM »
32 years ago, I met the love of my life!  31 years ago today, we sealed the deal.  I survived my worst life, now I'm living my best life.   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8259 on: April 27, 2022, 11:08:37 AM »
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary, Oz!!

Nothing better in life than sharing it with the right person.

We had our 30th last month. We set it for the first day of spring that year. A new beginning for both of us.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8260 on: April 27, 2022, 02:11:48 PM »

So I'm not the only one that tries to sneak out after my shift is about to be over?

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8261 on: April 27, 2022, 04:03:16 PM »

So I'm not the only one that tries to sneak out after my shift is about to be over?

Ok, let me put this BLUNTLY. I was not trying to sneak out.  It was 5 minutes before my shift ended, I was cleaning up and helping others in my crew by helping them clean up.  So I cleaned up and was heading out, the bitch supervisor was coming back to deal with the frozen/dairy truck delivery.  She may have been stressed, but, considering her past history with me, she has lost my trust (sort of like some douchebags here) and I could care less about her stress.  I am not a sneak......I am a bull in a china shop when it comes to my shift ending and I will run over anybody who gets between me and the exit door.  And I can tell you honestly, I really have to restrain myself from the urge to choke slam any body who works there who gets in my way.  Especially those who work on the night shift. 

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8262 on: April 27, 2022, 06:32:21 PM »
Happy anniversaries, DirtDawg and rock hound. :heart:

It's hard to believe that Kayleigh and I have been married for 15 years.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8263 on: April 27, 2022, 08:17:12 PM »

Ok, let me put this BLUNTLY. I was not trying to sneak out.  It was 5 minutes before my shift ended, I was cleaning up and helping others in my crew by helping them clean up.  So I cleaned up and was heading out, the bitch supervisor was coming back to deal with the frozen/dairy truck delivery.  She may have been stressed, but, considering her past history with me, she has lost my trust (sort of like some douchebags here) and I could care less about her stress.  I am not a sneak......I am a bull in a china shop when it comes to my shift ending and I will run over anybody who gets between me and the exit door.  And I can tell you honestly, I really have to restrain myself from the urge to choke slam any body who works there who gets in my way.  Especially those who work on the night shift.
[/quote]

I'm more of a gimp when getting out the exit door... it sucks, but it happens .___.

Happy anniversaries, DirtDawg and rock hound. :heart:

It's hard to believe that Kayleigh and I have been married for 15 years.

^_^ congratulations!!!!!

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8264 on: April 28, 2022, 04:59:53 AM »
Stayed fine and frisky for another day.

Sitting at my desk being ignored by colleagues every day has its perks :zoinks: