Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120131 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #8235 on: April 14, 2022, 07:19:47 PM »
odeon, Kayleigh has taught me a few keyboard shortcuts, heh. I especially like Ctrl Z.

The surgeon she saw on Wednesday said that she should come back in six months to see how she's going then. So no surgery. Yet. Kayleigh's dad and sister have both had the surgery and come through it fine. So Kayleigh says.

Something good today - my nephew had his Marchout Parade in the army. I'm quite proud, Mum posted four photos on messenger. He was awarded for his Marksmanship, good on him.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #8236 on: April 14, 2022, 07:56:58 PM »
Out of curiosity what happens with Ctrl Z?
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8237 on: April 14, 2022, 09:11:13 PM »
Also, I had to train my brain to recognise various tactile sensations again, too. You can't hurry nerve regrowth but you can teach the brain to understand the signals you get.

That's really interesting, what did things feel like when you were doing that? Was it like you could touch a texture and not be able to tell what kind of texture it was without looking?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8238 on: April 15, 2022, 03:29:53 AM »
It means Undo your last action. I used it a lot at uni when learning how to make tables in Word. I'd stuff it up, Ctrl Z and presto! Mistake undone.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8239 on: April 15, 2022, 06:54:37 AM »
It means Undo your last action. I used it a lot at uni when learning how to make tables in Word. I'd stuff it up, Ctrl Z and presto! Mistake undone.

Ah, thanks!   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8240 on: April 15, 2022, 01:00:26 PM »
The hardware guy was at the flea market and I got a bunch of sanding discs
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8241 on: April 15, 2022, 02:19:37 PM »
Went out for today... now I just want to stay home

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8242 on: April 15, 2022, 02:22:27 PM »
Got my creaky carcass on my bicycle and went for a couple of miles near our old place.  Quite a bit of face wind, which is always pleasant to peddle against....NOT.  But, the sun was bright and warm, so if I had to I walked my bike thru areas that my legs were not feeling like pushing pedals.  Got home had lunch, my version of fish and chips.  Just finished my brandy and coming to the end of a book.   But, I went to the bookstore and bought another bagful to add to my "to be read pile".   8)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8243 on: April 15, 2022, 06:41:11 PM »

Me too. It's not big grocery week so I only needed to pick up a couple of things. I did that early and now I don't have to go anywhere all weekend.  :2thumbsup:
:gopher:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8244 on: April 15, 2022, 07:03:07 PM »

Me too. It's not big grocery week so I only needed to pick up a couple of things. I did that early and now I don't have to go anywhere all weekend.  :2thumbsup:

Today was a lazy fun day, tomorrow I'm getting a haircut, and Sunday I have to work for 8 hours -__-

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8245 on: April 21, 2022, 03:58:34 PM »
Taco Night.  :2thumbsup:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8246 on: April 21, 2022, 04:03:21 PM »
odeon, Kayleigh has taught me a few keyboard shortcuts, heh. I especially like Ctrl Z.

The surgeon she saw on Wednesday said that she should come back in six months to see how she's going then. So no surgery. Yet. Kayleigh's dad and sister have both had the surgery and come through it fine. So Kayleigh says.

Something good today - my nephew had his Marchout Parade in the army. I'm quite proud, Mum posted four photos on messenger. He was awarded for his Marksmanship, good on him.

Some people will have more carpal tunnel probs than others. A genetic thing, I guess. I have a friend who never took care of himself, never thought twice about how he types, how he sits, how often he takes breaks. He's never had a single issue with his wrists or shoulders or anything.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8247 on: April 21, 2022, 04:09:00 PM »
Also, I had to train my brain to recognise various tactile sensations again, too. You can't hurry nerve regrowth but you can teach the brain to understand the signals you get.

That's really interesting, what did things feel like when you were doing that? Was it like you could touch a texture and not be able to tell what kind of texture it was without looking?

Yes, pretty much. Without looking, touching was very different. The therapist would hand me various pieces of fabric to train my senses. I still have them.

It was the same with moving the fingers - they wouldn't obey me at first so the Vulcan salute was out, and I had to look at the fingers and see what I was doing. Took forever and was really weird.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8248 on: April 22, 2022, 06:55:14 PM »
The gardenias are blooming.  :2thumbsup:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8249 on: April 22, 2022, 08:14:49 PM »
Kind of jealous.
Can't really grow gardenias here without some crazy-level of tending.
With the soil here, it is difficult to keep the pH low enough for gardenias and also rhododendrons, which I love!
Not bad at all for any plant that is OK with near 7pH, but forget those requiring around 6pH.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.