Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120132 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #8205 on: February 28, 2022, 11:55:16 PM »
Plumber came and fixed the toilet. It was meant to be tomorrow but he rang me and asked if it was ok to be done today. I said yes and so it was done. The pump and the hose from the toilet to the tap was replaced. I was hoping the whole cistern would be replaced because it looks old and crappy. But oh well.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8206 on: March 01, 2022, 04:58:06 AM »
 :thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8207 on: March 01, 2022, 07:19:34 PM »
I didn't run into the Troll and the Automaton!!!!

Oh shit....

:hide:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #8208 on: March 01, 2022, 07:31:16 PM »
Started feeling much better from my Covid fog.  Was approved for my Covid leave today at walmart.  Actually felt like I had energy to do what needed to be done.  Finally getting down to the end of a fascinating, but, excrutiatingly detailed bio of Oscar Wilde.  And doing a time consuming but enjoyable craft project.   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8209 on: March 02, 2022, 08:48:40 PM »
This was yesterday, but we finally got home from QLD. We didn't even have to unpack the snorkelling kit once during the voyage :P
We managed to get from Bundaberg to Brisbane on Sunday (god knows how), then Brisbane to home in NSW yesterday.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8210 on: March 02, 2022, 08:54:45 PM »
This was yesterday, but we finally got home from QLD. We didn't even have to unpack the snorkelling kit once during the voyage :P
We managed to get from Bundaberg to Brisbane on Sunday (god knows how), then Brisbane to home in NSW yesterday.
My uncle lives in Toowoomba and he lives on a hill so his house isn't flooded but he said the roads are cut off all round.

That's quite amazing that you got home ok. There's more storms and rain forecast for northern NSW. Are your cats and house ok?
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8211 on: March 02, 2022, 09:12:04 PM »
My uncle lives in Toowoomba and he lives on a hill so his house isn't flooded but he said the roads are cut off all round.

That's quite amazing that you got home ok. There's more storms and rain forecast for northern NSW. Are your cats and house ok?

Ipswich to Toowoomba looks open now. We went from Brisbane to Warwick and home via the New England Hwy, because the Pacific Hwy is shut from like Tweed to Grafton  :zombiefuck:
My brother helped navigate us from Bundy to Brisbane and around Gympie, Caboolture and Morayfield. It seemed like every road we were directed down just lead to another flooded road. I lost count of how many times we had to look at the QLD traffic map to find another way.

My place is ok and up high. I left it all locked up tight, and the court yard is as I left it so I guess there wasn't any wild weather while I was away.
My younger cat stinks like a cat that's been in really bad fights, so I'm not sure what happened during his little holiday. I have this cavity above my fridge that he likes to jump up into and hide when he's stressed so he's been jumping up into there a fair bit today.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8212 on: March 04, 2022, 02:48:11 PM »
Well, my eternal habit of ground scanning for lost objects paid off again.  In the Newington NH walmart parking lot, I saw a dime......found money.....yay me!  So I get to it and it looks different from the regular dimes.  Turns out to be a 1944 silver Mercury Head dime.   I haven't seen one of those since I sold my childhood coin collection 20 years or so ago.  It now resides with the 1902 Indian Head penny I got in change at a store and the 2 Lincoln pennies from 1955 S & D mint marks, that I also found.  Simple pleasures are always welcome!    8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8213 on: March 04, 2022, 08:38:20 PM »
1955?  Cool, isn't that your birth year? I know it's mine. But a Mercury dime on the ground has got to be a first in decades. Those are worth more than a dime, as you  know, but the value is more than a buck just for the silver content in any condition. If you can grade it still, it could be worth more in Fine or better condition.
Great find!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8214 on: March 05, 2022, 01:48:33 AM »
I met up with my client downtown who I haven't seen in a month. His schedule has been messed around recently due to heart surgery and online coursework. So I'm going to start working for him again in two weeks' time.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8215 on: March 07, 2022, 04:11:00 PM »
Heart surgery seems like a good excuse. Just sayin'.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8216 on: March 07, 2022, 04:13:06 PM »
Finally got stuff done at work, thanks to delegating things. I recently gave a lot of work to a new starter who was eager enough for the inevitable pain with that particular customer.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8217 on: March 07, 2022, 04:14:56 PM »
Had some revelations.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8218 on: March 10, 2022, 12:20:51 PM »
I never thought I would live to say this........YAY, I'm back on my normal walmart schedule.  After all the hoop jumping and near VEI 8 eruptions, the Chaos of Covid is over.  Now I can be my normal, lovable, easily irritated, crusty curmudgeon self.   :orly: :zombiefuck: :GA:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8219 on: March 11, 2022, 01:23:03 PM »
NOT MY PIC, but just had to share this image one my other online "friends" posted.  Just an amazing shot of her tube amp glowing in the dark its own way.

Said she was listening to AC/DC for a one minute long exposure.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 01:24:36 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.