Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120137 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #8085 on: August 21, 2021, 07:32:57 PM »
My generator started on the second pull after sitting in the shed over two years,  hopefully I will not need it and it can go back to gathering dust in the shed
Last storm here, the guys were prepping the generator. It started on the second pull; son threw his arms in the air and started dancing around like Rocky. :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8086 on: August 21, 2021, 08:06:27 PM »
My generator started on the second pull after sitting in the shed over two years,  hopefully I will not need it and it can go back to gathering dust in the shed
Last storm here, the guys were prepping the generator. It started on the second pull; son threw his arms in the air and started dancing around like Rocky. :laugh:

I felt the same way,  figured it would be at least two hours of headache to get it running smooth.  The 20 minutes I spent putting it away right last time I used it was time well spent
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #8087 on: August 23, 2021, 02:02:14 PM »
Got my new license today!   :2thumbsup:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8088 on: August 24, 2021, 01:50:13 AM »
OT:
Sorry, I can't think of a single damn thing.

I'll try harder.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8089 on: August 24, 2021, 04:13:03 AM »
Found something talking to a neighbor over coffee before the sun is up.

My oldest neighbor, nearby, next door-ish has chosen to move three houses down, thus avoiding having an even worse disfigurement of his living lifeworks.
 Mentioned another neighbor who lost his wife a few months back to heart attack (58YO awesome woman just fell in her garden and died right there) ...

... happenstances and situational "crossfire hurricanes" (ancient rock reference for Stones fans.) have come to some rescue.

The man who lost his wife has tried to sell me his 55 Chevy hotrod for ages, but I have a Chevelle now and I am faithful to my girls.  :lol1: (never believe anyone who has to stress their faith or loyalty)
But I look at that '55 and I want that babydoll, too! Can't afford to add her to my stable right now.

His loss has forced him into a smaller home resulting in his present home being available to our oldest old neighbor. to acquire.
So, one old, inconvenienced soul is moving Three Doors Down (with the help of every DAMN one of us neighbors, guaranDAMNteed!!). Another old, tragically suffering the loss of a lifelong partner, decent fellow is downsizing his shit so he can travel some. (he wants to go piss down the faces of Mount Rushmore. I don't think that is allowed)

That whole complicated set of things sounds pretty damn good to me at this point.

I just helped another "friend" sell her recently passed husband's motorcycle, but I can't even seem to get a nibble on an old Chevy.
 :dunno:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 04:17:14 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8090 on: August 24, 2021, 01:45:31 PM »
The whisky, earlier, was nice but otherwise today's been forgettable.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8091 on: August 26, 2021, 05:34:04 AM »
The whisky, earlier, was nice but otherwise today's been forgettable.
I'll take one of those.  The forgettable, not the whiskey, but enjoy them both to the fullest.

Mentioned the young "man" neighbor kid with lots of balls, right. His mom has gotten her settlement from the city.
Being an already displaced family and still on the rolls of the Habitat For Humanity successes, she had an additional player in her court as thing developed.
I am so pleased for them. BUT, now she can shop for a house for their future on her own.

That is a good day!

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8092 on: August 27, 2021, 01:04:41 PM »
I'm able to be myself more today.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8093 on: August 27, 2021, 06:46:11 PM »
I'm able to be myself more today.

:thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8094 on: August 27, 2021, 07:23:35 PM »
Heard on the radio that gas stations are already running out of gasoline because of the national shortage.  Glad I filled up earlier this week.  If the hurricane leaves us without electricity it's going to be quite tough-and-go for traveling.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8095 on: August 28, 2021, 12:49:23 PM »
Another fairly forgettable day without any particular highs. But maybe that's a good thing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8096 on: August 28, 2021, 04:11:53 PM »
Heard on the radio that gas stations are already running out of gasoline because of the national shortage.  Glad I filled up earlier this week.  If the hurricane leaves us without electricity it's going to be quite tough-and-go for traveling.

Sat through many hurricanes and the fun is over for me, since I was about twelve.

Best of luck to you.

We are fine on gasoline and the price has dropped below 3$/gallon this week. Wish I could email you some.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8097 on: August 30, 2021, 12:13:34 AM »

There has been a bit of a kerfuffle at times, getting two dogs to settle into pack-like behaviors under one roof, with the massive distractions we are still trekking as a family.

This morning when I woke up, the two were sleeping peacefully together using each other as pillows.
I think we are there with the month long integration of two alphas.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8098 on: August 30, 2021, 03:34:32 PM »
The daughter came to visit.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8099 on: September 04, 2021, 10:00:40 PM »
Got stung by a wasp yesterday. Did not go into anaphylactic shock. This is the good thing  :hahaha: because having never been stung, and having a stupid pile of allergies, I've been paranoid I'd be susceptible to a bad reaction.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.