Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120124 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #8055 on: August 06, 2021, 03:01:50 PM »
Sometimes in life strange and improbable things happen, such as getting an offer for full asking price today.
My gazumping wishes came true!!  :roses:

:2thumbsup:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8056 on: August 06, 2021, 04:19:33 PM »
People said nice things about my talk at the conference today, people whose opinions matter to me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8057 on: August 07, 2021, 06:46:16 AM »
People said nice things about my talk at the conference today, people whose opinions matter to me.

That always feels good for a while. Just enjoy it, if you can't use it.
 :thumbup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8058 on: August 07, 2021, 09:04:49 AM »
Sometimes in life strange and improbable things happen, such as getting an offer for full asking price today.
My gazumping wishes came true!!  :roses:

:2thumbsup:

We haven't exchanged contracts just yet but hopefully Monday.
It's amazing what people are willing to spend too much money on lol.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #8059 on: August 07, 2021, 10:53:05 AM »
Took a very long walk with my purple homemade walking stick to the major highway.  Very peaceful, found a couple of things.  A small steel bar and one of those U shaped springy things you use to put in the door loop that you would use for a padlock.   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8060 on: August 09, 2021, 06:56:12 AM »
Finally exchanged contracts today.
Agent sent me a pic of the SOLD sticker on the sign out front. I guess there could have been a bit more ceremony involved in that for me :laugh:
Now I have 6 weeks to shop for somewhere to move.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8061 on: August 09, 2021, 09:40:42 AM »
 :party: :beergrin: :cheer:

Dunno about you but I think shopping for a place to move is the fun part.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8062 on: August 09, 2021, 11:43:20 AM »
Finally could eat a grilled hot dog WITHOUT it getting stuck in my esophagus.  "Steakhouse Syndrome" sucks big time!   >:(
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8063 on: August 09, 2021, 03:21:29 PM »

Epiglottis is a troubling thing to have stiffen up. It is suppose to remain flexible throughout ones life. Made out of basically the same cartilage as our ears, it bends and returns to original shape gazillions of times, every time you swallow.

Some have a kind of trouble where every thirty to ninety seconds, swallowing salival effluents can choke you and aspirating portions of your food is almost a constant thing while eating.
Welcome to the club. My dad had this, too. My brother has had surgery to correct his. Did not work well.

Hope you don't have to choke on a sneeze any time soon. That hurts! Trust me.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8064 on: August 09, 2021, 07:59:20 PM »
Somebody who said they would mail me a check actually did and without having me remind them a dozen times
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8065 on: August 10, 2021, 10:33:46 AM »

Maybe not the first, but that is always good news.
 8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8066 on: August 10, 2021, 10:48:50 AM »

We met with a mover today. We still do not have an "OFFER" from the city to compensate us for this major inconvenience.

I was hoping for some answer from the guy, but he explained that he will have to consult with the rest of his team before finalizing the estimate for moving our entire household to our new home.

Trying again and again to get some kind of clue as to what he expects for his estimate to look like caused him some possible, but quite predictable I suspect, anxiety.
He tried to settle my concerns some by telling me that in his business, they have three levels of difficulty/cost they use. A, B and C. My property and all its contents are clearly in the upper area of the B Grade move. Which means that my estimate for moving us will fall in the twenty two thousand to thirty five thousand dollar range.

Seems like a lot at first, but we are going to have to TRUST this company with all we have gathered around ourselves our entire lives.

I have already moved my gun safe and many of my BIG guns to my storage area, well secured, gated, cameras everywhere, kind of expensive for just storing an old car mostly, along with my JBL monitor project and all its goodies.

Sounds silly, but there is still quite a bit of room in that building and I am going to pack up most of our pictures and take them over there soon. Many of our pictures are very precious to us.
 :dunno:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #8067 on: August 10, 2021, 06:19:59 PM »
I am going to pack up most of our pictures and take them over there soon. Many of our pictures are very precious to us.

Careful storing photos or art in areas which aren't temperature and humidity controlled.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8068 on: August 12, 2021, 10:40:47 AM »
 Well, the overthinking task of renewing our Driver Licenses is OVER.  We scraped the needed documents together, made the online appointments, fretted whether we did enough to secure the REAL ID satisfying for the Gov. crap.  Fortunately, I trailblazed the way yesterday on a road drastically changed with a traffic circle and all that jazz.  Got mine done. <phew>  Today, Carla went thru her over thinking moments, but, since I knew the way and had the experience, I drove so she could focus on her stuff and try to relax before going in.  She goes in, I take a long walk to the General Sullivan bridge just to see the changes and explore and get out of the car for awhile.  See new construction near Newick's Restaurant, meet a big friendly dog walking with his "pack".  Get to the old bridge, which is closed to all foot and bike traffic.  Discover a little Bayside Park and then head back, get the text from Carla, "I'm done" and find her waiting by the car.  We walk thru the little park together and head home and chill. 

Time for tea and lunch!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8069 on: August 13, 2021, 12:47:37 AM »
I am going to pack up most of our pictures and take them over there soon. Many of our pictures are very precious to us.

Careful storing photos or art in areas which aren't temperature and humidity controlled.

Thanks. You're exactly right.  Not too worried at present. The storage time will be quite short. This move is upon us soon. Still nothing solid, but the DEMO has already begun in the area.

Before the pandemic I attended an auction of a small grocery, including butchery. I grabbed six factory sealed rolls of freezer paper and two half used open rolls for about twenty  bucks.

I have been using that to pack our pics, keepsakes and teapot collections that my daughter and I seem to enjoy together. Who knew I liked teapots, right? Well, tea parties with your daughter is a standard that is hard to top.

The plan is to keep our most treasured pics prominently displayed in our new home as we do in our present home. Those boxes we are stacking in the storage facility will be some of the first boxes we will want to unpack.

Good advice.