Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120139 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #7560 on: June 21, 2020, 01:59:12 AM »
Coffee. I think I will live.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7561 on: June 21, 2020, 08:17:48 PM »
Plums happened.  :orly: I bought them last thursday or friday, but I also bought berries so they had to be eaten first. I was leery of the plums because I've been burnt three times by really crappy nectarines this year so I've been avoiding the stone fruits, but man are the plums super good. After them plums will be watermelon, the first one of the season. I always feel like watermelons are a little like gambling, so I also got a pineapple in case the melon is a bust. Wish me luck.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #7562 on: June 21, 2020, 09:31:45 PM »
My shift at work didn't suck

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7563 on: June 22, 2020, 03:00:55 AM »
Plums happened.  :orly: I bought them last thursday or friday, but I also bought berries so they had to be eaten first. I was leery of the plums because I've been burnt three times by really crappy nectarines this year so I've been avoiding the stone fruits, but man are the plums super good. After them plums will be watermelon, the first one of the season. I always feel like watermelons are a little like gambling, so I also got a pineapple in case the melon is a bust. Wish me luck.  :zoinks:

good luck :)

I had strawberries, yesterday for the first time in a couple of years.  I'd decided it was too big a gamble ordering straws from the online supermsrkets; can't see what you're getting, and they are too often disappointing.  But this week i softened and ordered some anyway. And got sent a punnet of tiny,  super-fresh super-sweet strawberries, just exactly as described in the customer reviews. Ofc, you can't expect consistent quality with fresh produce. I wasn't expecting that, but that's what I got, and they are fricking delicious (I still have some in the fridge for today)  and only cost  a quid ( it being the height of the strawberry season; Bet i could get three punnets for that price at the local market).

I think i'll gamble on them next week, too.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7564 on: June 22, 2020, 07:57:04 AM »

good luck :)

I had strawberries, yesterday for the first time in a couple of years.  I'd decided it was too big a gamble ordering straws from the online supermsrkets; can't see what you're getting, and they are too often disappointing.  But this week i softened and ordered some anyway. And got sent a punnet of tiny,  super-fresh super-sweet strawberries, just exactly as described in the customer reviews. Ofc, you can't expect consistent quality with fresh produce. I wasn't expecting that, but that's what I got, and they are fricking delicious (I still have some in the fridge for today)  and only cost  a quid ( it being the height of the strawberry season; Bet i could get three punnets for that price at the local market).

I think i'll gamble on them next week, too.
Yeah the produce is what's kept me from ever trying online grocery shopping. The boy hardly eats vegetables, but he does like fresh fruit so I buy loads of it because that's the only way to get any produce into him. Even then he will let it go bad if it's not prepared, washed, cut, and ready to eat. I keep a large plastic container in the fridge which holds a half gallon and he eats so much fruit I have to refill it every two to three days. I call it his fruit bucket.  :zoinks: I eat a little of it too, even though it defeats Jack's low carb efforts.  :lol1:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 08:05:54 AM by Gopher Gary »

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7565 on: June 22, 2020, 07:59:51 AM »
^ incidentally, "snap" has a very dfferent meaning for our friends across the pond.  it's a sort of mild oath over there.

In case Dunc confused any of you guys, i'll explain :  we have a kiddies card game over here, called "Snap"' where you shout out "snap"whenever you see two cards of identical value being played. It gets pretty boring before you're out of elementary school, yet still we Brits never, ever lose the habit of gleefully shouting out "snap", as appropriate.
I don't know what you mean by "mild oath" over here but we know of the game Snap here as well so I knew what Dunc meant. Maybe it's different in the US?
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7566 on: June 22, 2020, 08:04:48 AM »
I think it's the same in the US. I've never heard of a context where it's an oath.   :dunno:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7567 on: June 22, 2020, 09:25:44 AM »
I think it's the same in the US. I've never heard of a context where it's an oath.   :dunno:
Maybe we're not part of a secret society?  :tinfoil:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7568 on: June 22, 2020, 01:02:25 PM »
huh. either my US friends were winding me up about that  or... :apondering:
...they learned english from the Urban Dictionary?  (a few of their definitions fit)
oh! and being autistic, maybe they didn't join in with kids'card games? :dunno:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7569 on: June 22, 2020, 02:39:46 PM »
I don't see where urban dictionary says that either.  :dunno: What sort of an oath were you told it is?  :orly:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7570 on: June 22, 2020, 02:43:04 PM »
Maybe we're not part of a secret society?  :tinfoil:

:tinfoil:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7571 on: June 22, 2020, 05:42:46 PM »
I was doing my usual workout in the pool. 25 mins of aerobics followed by 20 laps. I noticed a chipmunk watching me doing the aerobics. He left and then he came back a few minutes later with snacks and ate them while he watched me  :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7572 on: June 23, 2020, 09:53:16 AM »
Phone chat with my Grandma. She's in a long term care home so we can't visit.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7573 on: June 23, 2020, 10:20:56 AM »
Phone chat with my Grandma. She's in a long term care home so we can't visit.

Tell grandma I said hi.  :zoinks:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7574 on: June 23, 2020, 10:22:22 AM »
I was doing my usual workout in the pool. 25 mins of aerobics followed by 20 laps. I noticed a chipmunk watching me doing the aerobics. He left and then he came back a few minutes later with snacks and ate them while he watched me  :laugh:

I once had a neighbor who said the same bird perched outside his window every time he played his piano.  :orly: