Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120112 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #7485 on: May 30, 2020, 12:30:54 AM »
Managed to spot that I wasn't getting all the meds that I ordered at the chemist. If I hadn't, I would have had to make the trip there and back again. So I saved myself some time.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7486 on: May 31, 2020, 01:22:34 AM »
Daughter slept over.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7487 on: May 31, 2020, 05:13:35 AM »

Funny coincidence ...
My daughter is asleep on my couch right now.
First day my daughter and wife were both off work on the same day in months. They did a bunch of stuff and she crashed in front of our TV during the "Flash" series.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7488 on: May 31, 2020, 03:41:54 PM »
Music happened
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #7489 on: May 31, 2020, 04:59:43 PM »
Amber encountered a BumbleBee in her bed recently.  Now she has a bee sting allergy, but, it didn't sting her and she knows how passive Bumblebees are, she didn't panic and caught it in a glass and released it outdoors.   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7490 on: May 31, 2020, 05:28:50 PM »
Good for her.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7491 on: June 01, 2020, 10:38:20 AM »
Started work for a new client. Nice to have more than one at a time.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7492 on: June 01, 2020, 10:39:54 AM »
Muted the news cast as I waited for the weather report!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7493 on: June 01, 2020, 11:49:16 AM »
I moved patio furniture from one side of the acreage to the other and set up a nice little sitting area in a place where it will be used more.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7494 on: June 01, 2020, 12:37:19 PM »
I moved patio furniture from one side of the acreage to the other and set up a nice little sitting area in a place where it will be used more.

Sounds like your setting up a little bower!   My adopted Mum-in-law in Alberta Canada has had one for many years.  Setup underneath the shelter of a massive evergreen tree.  And that's exactly what she called it, her bower.  I did try to make one at our house in Fryeburg Maine.  But, it took a little climbing up and down a steep incline and never amounted to much.  More like a tree cave.   :dunno:  Nice place for me to hide out from Jehovah's Witnesses!   :P

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7495 on: June 01, 2020, 12:53:12 PM »
Carla and I took a walk in downtown Rochester NH to enjoy good weather and get in the fragrance of the Lilac Flowers before they are gone.  Rochesters city name is "The Lilac City" and there are a lot of them around.  Because of our normal trips to Kentucky at this time of year.  We miss a lot of it.  And I love Lilacs very much.  So with staycation in place we have been indulging our senses as compensation for not traveling.  Though I must admit, saving money on planes, buses, rental cars and B&B's and restaurants will also look good when I get the credit card bill.   8)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7496 on: June 01, 2020, 01:34:06 PM »

Sounds like your setting up a little bower!   My adopted Mum-in-law in Alberta Canada has had one for many years.  Setup underneath the shelter of a massive evergreen tree.  And that's exactly what she called it, her bower.  I did try to make one at our house in Fryeburg Maine.  But, it took a little climbing up and down a steep incline and never amounted to much.  More like a tree cave.   :dunno:  Nice place for me to hide out from Jehovah's Witnesses!   :P
I have the best memories of the bower at my grandparents home. It was under this massive old weeping willow. I'm not sure yet where I'll set this one up. I had originally thought the paved square right outside the glass sliding doors at the back of the house but due to the placement of the bbq, our view would be of a brick wall of the house which isn't what I was aiming for. :P The furniture is bigger than I expected now that I see it in the space.

But your post reminded me that under the big old birch tree could be an option. We have a fire pit table thing to set up as well. Just have to see if it's stable enough there. That could be a really pretty arrangement. Although HB would be pissed to constantly have to move the furniture every time we cut the lawn with the tractor. lol
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #7497 on: June 01, 2020, 03:19:58 PM »
I bought beer and am now drinking it. :beergrin:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7498 on: June 01, 2020, 03:20:14 PM »

I have the best memories of the bower at my grandparents home. It was under this massive old weeping willow. I'm not sure yet where I'll set this one up. I had originally thought the paved square right outside the glass sliding doors at the back of the house but due to the placement of the bbq, our view would be of a brick wall of the house which isn't what I was aiming for. :P The furniture is bigger than I expected now that I see it in the space.

But your post reminded me that under the big old birch tree could be an option. We have a fire pit table thing to set up as well. Just have to see if it's stable enough there. That could be a really pretty arrangement. Although HB would be pissed to constantly have to move the furniture every time we cut the lawn with the tractor. lol

Willows are also great for Bowers.  As for HB, if he loves you, he will adapt.  It's a pain yes, but, worth the serenity long term. 

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7499 on: June 01, 2020, 03:22:34 PM »
Took a walk down the driveway to get the mail.  Started walking down the steep part and was hit with the splendid fragrance of Honey Suckle and other flowering shrubs and trees.  When the Lilacs fade away, these will last a bit longer and make for a great walk!  <bliss>